PDA

View Full Version : fear of SEC

M.Fillmore
05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I have a good friend who coaches a very big time College Baseball team in a conference west of the Mississippi. In recent years, this team's archrival was in the CWS. I spoke with him during the CWS and I commented "I guess you are for any team but "team X" (their archrival). He said, "I'm for any team that is not in the SEC, we have got to have someone outside the SEC to win." I told him I was surprised since he recruited against his archrival and a CWS title would be obvious recruiting ammo against him. The coach didn't back off. "Nope, I'm pulling for my archrival versus the SEC."

Now before anyone demands that I name the schools, it ain't happening. This guy is a good friend and imagine the storm that would hit if Cohen was quoted as saying he was pulling for Ole Miss to win the CWS. The point is that people who say the SEC overestimates itself are wrong. The SEC scares the rest of the country in football and baseball.

Requiem For A Dawg
05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Guess he was happy last year with Zona winning.

Political Hack
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
most other conferences feel this way at this point. I have a lot of friends who are involved with their respective universities in various capacities, especially in the Big Ten. Some in the Big 12 too. They hate the SEC. The good news is a lot of them don't realize State's in the SEC.

Todd4State
05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
What's happening in baseball in the SEC is we are getting to the point where we are basically like a minor league. Many of the top players are going to the SEC if they play college ball because it's the best league. We're starting to pull players from places like California and that is going to hurt the PAC-12. The ACC has a National Championship jinx going back to the 50's as well- but they simply aren't as good top to bottom as the SEC as well.