PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

PassInterference
03-17-2014, 06:52 AM
April 16th SPOILERS

Damn! What a depressing episode. I had to watch the whole Talking Dead to wind down.

Killing Lizzie was the right thing. I knew when she killed that other girl that she would have to be put down.

Unfortunately, I've found these kids attitudes this season a bit nonsensical. I just don't see kids behaving the way they have. Lizzie is gonna think zombies are people who shouldn't be killed? I don't buy it.

This season has sucked even if last night was a heart string episode I didn't see coming.

Carol confessing to Tyreese was interesting. I thought she would do that eventually. She had to get it off her chest. Confessing right after having to kill Lizzie was the right time to do it. Carol is known for making difficult decisions that need to be made and she was ready to be judged for it. Tyreese understood that killing the others needed to be done and didn't hold it against Carol.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
I thought last night was a good bounce back from what has been a terrible season.

the kids attitudes being nonsensical is just immature acting. Lizzie was supposed to be mentally deranged, but just didn't pull it off. To me, it was sort of a statement on how you deal with justice for the mentally ill in a situation like this. It's pretty apparent to me they were trying to make her something she just wasn't capable of pulling off as an actor. She doesn't have crazy eyes... got to have crazy eyes to pull that off.

the series is tanking without Carl and Rick. They're better get them rengaged quickly. I have a feeling it's already lost it's spot as the top show on TV. I almost just DVR'd it last night and watched naked and afraid.

Johnson85
03-19-2014, 07:55 AM
the kids attitudes being nonsensical is just immature acting. Lizzie was supposed to be mentally deranged, but just didn't pull it off. To me, it was sort of a statement on how you deal with justice for the mentally ill in a situation like this. It's pretty apparent to me they were trying to make her something she just wasn't capable of pulling off as an actor. She doesn't have crazy eyes... got to have crazy eyes to pull that off.

I thought the Lizzie actress did ok, and pretty good considering her age. The writers also did a decent job of letting you know she was a little messed up over the course of several episodes without hitting you over the head that it wasn't just being in the zombie apocolypse, she was always mentally ill. The little sister as the moral compass or whatever was just the opposite. Not just bad acting but terrible writing.

bgdog
03-19-2014, 12:49 PM
I remember watching the first season and then by the time the second season came along thinking "do I even give a shit about this show?" over the next few episodes I lost interest completely and stopped even attempting to watch/dvr them. I don't know what it was the characters werent interesting and I didnt find the story compelling (which is weird because I love the comics, and the story isnt all that different. Maybe the comics have more room to explore how humans act in this situation?)

Having said that, I did watch this most recent episode because my wife loves them, and I thought it was good. My one problem was that in the comics it was a little bit different and the story was a huge moment for Carl, who is much less of a whiny little bitch than in the shows.

Johnson85
03-19-2014, 03:32 PM
I remember watching the first season and then by the time the second season came along thinking "do I even give a shit about this show?" over the next few episodes I lost interest completely and stopped even attempting to watch/dvr them. I don't know what it was the characters werent interesting and I didnt find the story compelling (which is weird because I love the comics, and the story isnt all that different. Maybe the comics have more room to explore how humans act in this situation?)

Having said that, I did watch this most recent episode because my wife loves them, and I thought it was good. My one problem was that in the comics it was a little bit different and the story was a huge moment for Carl, who is much less of a whiny little bitch than in the shows.

You just have to power through the second season. THey basically had to fire the director halfway through season two because he was moving things so slowly. Basically made the whole series about the interaction between the people and almost wrote the zombies out of it. Not entirely inconsistent with the comics, but the writing wasn't good enough and the acting was too terrible to cut out all of the action. Things got a lot better toward the end of the second season.

There are still lulls where they spend a lot of time on character development that just isn't working, but overall it's pretty decent.

Political Hack
03-24-2014, 08:24 AM
last two episodes now have improved a lot.

chainedup_Dawg
03-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't know if its true or not but it really looks like it. But I just saw a picture that showed that crazy chick at the end and if you look close it looks like she's wearing Beth's sweater

DawgPoundRock
03-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Its about to get real...Terminus is full of cannibals, and I think were about to be introduced to a guy thats gonna make the governor seem like childsplay...he is or was a priest and I think that was his mortuary/home and im thinking he kidnapped beth

Political Hack
03-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Its about to get real...Terminus is full of cannibals, and I think were about to be introduced to a guy thats gonna make the governor seem like childsplay...he is or was a priest and I think that was his mortuary/home and im thinking he kidnapped beth

sounds like someone spoiled the show for themselves by reading the comics. I've never been tempted to read comics, but I've thought about it for this series. If that's all getting set up for the next season, it's going to be a pretty good bounce back from the past half season of episodes.

DawgPoundRock
03-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Haha well yes and no...the show has kinda steered a bit from the comics, but I think thats so people dont already know whats gonna happen. For example Daryl isnt even in the comics, atleast not yet. I think they will stick with the Terminus bit, but could have major changes on the show as well for the Finale

War Machine Dawg
03-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Finally got all caught up, so now I can talk.

Go ahead and call me crazy, but I don't think Carol killed Karen & the other guy. I think it was Lizzie, and Carol took the fall for her. Confessing to Tyreese was her trying to keep him from hating a little girl. And maybe it makes me a sick bastard, but I was happy when they offed Lizzie. Her killing Mika pissed me off.

I'm interested to see where they're headed with Daryl as part of the new group that ran Rick out of the house. You know there's gonna be a showdown in the finale.

Be prepared for a major character death in the finale that pushes Rick over the edge. I'm thinking one of Michonne, Maggie, or Daryl. Could also be Carl or Judith. Did Mary creep out anyone else at the end of "Us?"

Johnson85
03-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Go ahead and call me crazy, but I don't think Carol killed Karen & the other guy. I think it was Lizzie, and Carol took the fall for her. Confessing to Tyreese was her trying to keep him from hating a little girl. And maybe it makes me a sick bastard, but I was happy when they offed Lizzie. Her killing Mika pissed me off. I'll call you crazy. Only because I don't think Carol would have been surprised that she killed her sister.

BulldogBear
04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Finally got all caught up, so now I can talk.

Go ahead and call me crazy, but I don't think Carol killed Karen & the other guy. I think it was Lizzie, and Carol took the fall for her. Confessing to Tyreese was her trying to keep him from hating a little girl. And maybe it makes me a sick bastard, but I was happy when they offed Lizzie. Her killing Mika pissed me off.

I'm interested to see where they're headed with Daryl as part of the new group that ran Rick out of the house. You know there's gonna be a showdown in the finale.

Be prepared for a major character death in the finale that pushes Rick over the edge. I'm thinking one of Michonne, Maggie, or Daryl. Could also be Carl or Judith. Did Mary creep out anyone else at the end of "Us?"

I've heard a theory that she is Lizzie's mother or at least somehow connected to that house Rick was hiding in when he killed one of the claimers. We don't know what happened to the sisters' mom. That hacked up and painted on portrait that Rick and Carl saw may have been Mary or even Lizzie. Look closer.

Oh, and I think Beth is already food-- although I can't tell whether or not the car she seems to have rode off in was a hearse or not.