PDA

View Full Version : A Look at the 2015 Football Recruiting Class (Long)

defiantdog
03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Since Spring Practice is here....

Defense (Committed):
Timothy Washington WDE 4* - Solid Commit who may not be the best player we get from Yazoo (Gabriel Campbell is a beast at 6'6" 250lb WDE.... currently unrated)
Chris Stamps CB 3* - May be a Jonathan Banks style CB with his length and height.
Armani Linton S 3* - I don't know much about this guy, but I know that since he committed.... OM has been on him like crazy.
Darrien McNair OLB / S 3* - I don't see us holding on to him since FL has offered. But he hasn't decommited and would love to keep him.

Offense (Committed):
Dontea Jones WR 4* - If we hold on to him, he will be starting as a true freshman.... guaranteed.
Donald Gray WR 4* - He'll be fighting Graham for Lewis's spot. Talk about speed in the slot.
Kentavious Thomas RB 4* - Kind of reminds me of Vick Ballard in how he runs. He'll probably look like him too when he gets some weight on him.
Jay Johnson WR / S 4* - OM and Auburn are gonna recruit him to the end.... this will be interesting. He wants to play safety in college, but he's already 6'4".... so if he keeps growing, he may grow out of the position.
Cameron Myers ATH 4* - This guy is elusive as hell, and he'll play either CB or slot receiver for us.

Possible Future Commits:
Reggie Walker WDE 4* (may commit on his visit on 3/22)
Alfred Smith WR 3*
Jaylyn McKinney ATH Unrated
Gabriel Campbell WDE Unrated
Justin Johnson WR 3*
Keith Mixon RB 3*
Jonnas Spivey ATH 4*
J'Mar Smith QB 3*
Amonte Caban ILB 4* (Will commit to MSU unless Auburn slips through with an offer)
Fletcher Adams DT 4* (Need big bro to start doing some work here)
Malik Dear ATH 4* (A lot of people are expecting him to commit soon)
Jamal Peters OLB / S 4* (Need Cam Myers to start recruitin the shit out of him)
Alec Murphy RB 3*
Jarvis Wilson ATH Unrated

On The Fence:
Leo Lewis ILB 4* (Future 5*) - All signs point him to Alabama, but the longer he holds out.... the better
Javon Patterson OG 4* - Again, the longer he holds out.... the better.
T.D. Moton DT 4* - Honestly, let LSU and Bama fight for this guy. This guy is all over the place.
Bradrick Shaw RB 3* (Future 4*) - I think he falls into the Hoover pressure of signing with Bama.

So excluding the players on the Fence, that gives Mullen and company a potential of 23 signees. I think we go as high as 29 in this class.

I may have forgotten a few

HoopsDawg
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
The big ones you missed are the O-linemen: Jamal Danley, Tommy Champion, and possibly Matt Womack.

dogshiek
03-16-2014, 06:46 PM
I was sweating when I didn't see any big uglies. We've got to get some o linemen. This class is shaping up to be really special.

CadaverDawg
03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
A nice O-Line class would compliment our recent classes perfectly. Looks like we have a good mixture this year, but the OL possibility list needs to have more names on it.

mic
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
If we get
Danley
Patterson
Champion
and one more juco
that will be a GREAT OL class for 2015..

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Nick Gibson 4* rb Keith Joseph 3* de Christian Bell 4* de Quentez Johnson 3* dt Tyrell Jacobs NR dt Ephraim Kitchens NR db Mark Mclaurin NR safety

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Also a few things. Kentavious Thomas is already 210-215lbs he's going to end up 225-230lbs Boobie Dixon type. Jay Johnson will be either a TE or OLB once he gets through growing. Cam Myers is almost 6'3 so I don't see slot in his future but I do think he actually has the hips to play cb at that height. I think Nick Gibson is the best rb we're recruiting. All around back who compliments Thomas really well. Would be a major recruiting pull with offers from half the SEC & ACC.

bulldawg28
03-17-2014, 07:16 AM
6'4 doesn't disqualify you from being a safety it gives you range and increases your value.

AROB44
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Wasn't Rob Fesmire a 6'4" safety some years ago? Maybe on one of Emory's teams if I remember correctly.

FISHDAWG
03-17-2014, 09:22 AM
WHERE'S THE KICKER 463

BeastMan
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Good stuff defiant. I did my weekly update today http://3rdand57.com/recruiting-update-317/

Westdawg
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
i am going to say something that some of you are gonna be surprised and yet not surprised about.
You are seeing MSU staff be ahead of the curve in an evolution that is slowly taking place in CFB. The growth of the secondary size. In the past, hybrid players were largely under-utilized, if not completely ignored. CBs and FS/S were set in a mold. THat mold is drastically changing. You will still see some CBs at 5'11, but they will not be as often as in the past. We are seeing our defense, particularly our LBs and secondary, make the evolution of adapting to the spread game, while also being large enough and powerful against the inside run game.
CBs will most likely be more in the range of 6'1 to 6'3, LBs, especially OLBs, will be in the 6'4+ range, and have longer reach and more fluidity in their hips, as opposed to downhill hitters who are built like an anvil, so as to assist in pass coverage. Our safety unit is beginning to now make that step, as evidenced by the type hybrid players we are recruiting for that. I, for one, am happy to see it. Mississippi is loaded with these type players. They need to be developed, but the talent is there to fit this change in defensive philosophy.