PDA

View Full Version : BearsSharks to miss NIT?

M.Fillmore
03-15-2014, 09:46 PM
The two NIT bracketology sites that I have found say the Confederates will miss the NIT cut. I don't think an SEC has done the CIT or CBI route (I haven't looked it up though).

Would the Bears hang a national title banner for winning the CIT? How about renaming the Grove "CITchampsburg."

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Texas played in the CBI last year. Pretty embarrassing. UM should be in the NIT though.

Quaoarsking
03-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Lots of legitimate programs have played in the CBI: Texas, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Butler, VCU, St. Louis, Washington, Washington State, Virginia, Wichita State.

The only major-conference school to ever play in the CIT, though, was Creighton, and that was back when they were in the MVC and McDermott wasn't there yet.

sbcmortgageman
03-16-2014, 06:50 AM
I just think the Marshall Henderson factor is too much to pass up for the NIT. Like him or not, he draws viewers and ticket sales.

defiantdog
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM
It looks like Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, and Missouri will be getting NIT bids while Florida, Kentucky, and maybe Tennessee are our lone NCAA bids. If Tennessee gets bumped to the NIT then OM will definitely be skipped.

bully99
03-16-2014, 10:46 AM
No SEC team has ever played in the CBI,(started 2008) although other major conference teams have played.
Think it's about fifty fifty they play in the nit.