PDA

View Full Version : J-Money giving alot of Stans insight on twitter right now...

engie
03-15-2014, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/CashMoneyJG44

TheRef
03-15-2014, 05:45 PM
For those of you without Twitter or too lazy to look it up:

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
Im thankful that Stans recruited me but IMO i dont think the players feared him. Great recruiter but I think players respected other coaches

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
Some players scared 2 say it but Im not! Players have a lot of animosity towards Stans and the program because when you leave.... THATS IT

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
They felt like when they graduated and left the program. Stans and the programs didn't try to help them with their professional careers

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
They feel like when u leave State that's it... They wont try to help u. Thats why a lot of former players dont & wont come back to support

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
Even I felt that way at one point in time! I Thought about coming back for my Sr yr but Stans told me he felt like I should go

Jamont Gordon
@CashMoneyJG44
Stans told me he felt I should leave because he felt like he couldn't coach me anymore and he wanted a fresh start and roll with Dee Bost

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Ironic considering stans let him do whatever the **** he wanted.

Who was mario austins first call from the hospital in europe? Who did he call for help.

Jamont can go **** himself.

Same mess as croom? Oh, ray is cleaning up 3-8 seasons? Haha. Stans worst yr is better than any year ray will have in 5

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Isn't that what a sports agent is for? If you're going to be a pro basketball player ya might wanna get an agent. Stansbury promised Bost the job. His hands were tied. Agreed about the respect thing though. Ya can't be their buddy and their coach at the same time.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Yeah. stands is responsible for getting jamont drafted. Not his agent.

Rick gets shit. A lot deserved. This aint one of them. Trust me.

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
I love Jamont. I stopped reading after he gave Croom props for Mullen's success though.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Well, we have JaMont's comments
We have other former players that spoke out against him to Auburn's AD Jacobs
We have a former player that spoke in favor of him to Auburn's AD
We have the fact that Williams and the 1996 team was never honored for their 10 yr anniversary in 2006.
We have Hyche speaking out openly in his letter just last month not so favorably on Stands
We have players from the 1991 team that wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire
We have Horatio Webster that said his kid would never play for Stands

Just interesting is all

HoopsDawg
03-15-2014, 06:03 PM

I don't know, very fewer former players seem to respect Stans or care about him. Compare our senior day to Coach K's or Roy Williams.

Raytoraid83
03-15-2014, 06:04 PM

Yep, weird he's calling him out like this.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't know, very fewer former players seem to respect Stans or care about him.

this is dead on

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Rodney Hood. "They fired my coach."

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Rick wasnt respected by players. However, this is somewhat the same reason the jamonts etc played for us. He worked his ass off to get them.

Rick ray is respected. Stands wasnt. Which is better? Croom or sherrill?

There is 2 types of coaches and 2 types of players.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Hood wouldnt have left if rick stayed. Fact. I know that isnt the party line here

Political Hack
03-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Player A who's playing professional basketball and played for us, is upset with Stans.
Player B who's busting tables and played for us, is upset with Ray.

This attack the former coach BS is stupid. What would Jalen say about Ray? Wendell? The other 900 players we had that have left the last two years or been kicked off for petty shit? and regardless of what they'd say, it shouldn't be taken to heart. Individuals relationships with one another have a lot of dynamics. For every player that speaks out against a coach, you'll have 5 that take up for him.

Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? He didn't exactly leave on the best terms. It took a while to mend those fences. Jackie left on much better terms an it was stil 6-7 years before he was brought back and honored.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Rick wasnt respected by players. However, this is somewhat the same reason the jamonts etc played for us. He worked his ass off to get them.

I really don't know what that means. I will say it was always a mystery how Stans was able to relate to players during his recruitment of them and then totally lose trust/respect after they signed.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Hood wouldnt have left if rick stayed. Fact. I know that isnt the party line here

I call bullshit. He had feelers out already- that is fact.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Player A who's playing professional basketball and played for us, is upset with Stans.

This attack the former coach BS is stupid. What would Jalen say about Ray? Wendell? The other 900 players we had that have left the last two years or been kicked off for petty shit? and regardless of what they'd say, it shouldn't be taken to heart. Individuals relationships with one another have a lot of dynamics. For every player that speaks out against a coach, you'll have 5 that take up for him.

Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? He didn't exactly leave on the best terms. It took a while to mend those fences. Jackie left on much better terms an it was stil 6-7 years before he was brought back and honored.

If you talk to former players who played for Ron Polk or Jackie Sherrill, they would run thru a wall for them. There aren't many at all who have that same respect or relationship with Stans. On another note, it was amazing that Stansbury's peers didn't vote him Coach of the year after we went undefeated in SEC road play. I think that says something too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Read carefully. Pin this. Love or hate RS....we will NEVER have the success he had.

Dont call it success? Fine. I wont argue. We will NEVER be as mediocre as we were with him as head coach.

Is rick ray a better coach? Yes. Will he ever win like rick? Zero chance.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:30 PM
. Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? .

Rumor A- says that Stands is one the one that leaked the Williams situation to administration and got him fired. Williams about had it taken care of before then. I'm not saying I know what happened- but that is one rumor that is told often.

Rumor B- says that Stands wouldnt allow anything Williams back while he was coach. It's interesting that as soon as Ray is hired, Williams is a fixture back in Starkville. Could be just coincidence though

smootness
03-15-2014, 06:32 PM

I see you're not in favor of personal accountability and responsibility.

Why would sour grapes count as much as the word of someone who played hard for us and should have nothing but positive memories from his time at State anyway?

Your hyperbole is showing your bias. But if it's true that so many former players have positive memories of Stans, why are they not stepping forward to either defend him or criticize the administration?

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Read carefully. Pin this. Love or hate RS....we will NEVER have the success he had.

Dont call it success? Fine. I wont argue. We will NEVER be as mediocre as we were with him as head coach.

Ray is gonna sign Newman and go to Sweet 16 his first chance with Sword, Newman, FTF, and Ware, and Ready...and it will be glorious

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Actually, both of these are true.
Rumor A- says that Stands is one the one that leaked the Williams situation to administration and got him fired. Williams about had it taken care of before then. I'm not saying I know what happened- but that is one rumor that is told often.

Rumor B- says that Stands wouldnt allow anything Williams back while he was coach. It's interesting that as soon as Ray is hired, Williams is a fixture back in Starkville. Could be just coincidence though

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Ray is gonna sign Newman and go to Sweet 16 his first chance with Sword, Newman, FTF, and Ware, and Ready...and it will be glorious

I will publicly bet you any amount of money that it never happens

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Well, we have JaMont's comments
We have other former players that spoke out against him to Auburn's AD Jacobs
We have a former player that spoke in favor of him to Auburn's AD
We have the fact that Williams and the 1996 team was never honored for their 10 yr anniversary in 2006.
We have Hyche speaking out openly in his letter just last month not so favorably on Stands
We have players from the 1991 team that wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire
We have Horatio Webster that said his kid would never play for Stands

Just interesting is all

It really amazes me how a large portion of our fans can't see a pattern. The evidence is there, if one is willing to look.

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 06:44 PM
How many extra Ray years is Malik Newman worth? Ray should send some serious "love" Newman's way.

defiantdog
03-15-2014, 06:51 PM

So, you're saying we will NEVER have a coach that can take us to the tourney 6 times? Oh, and he only has to get us to the second round cause Stans NEVER made it beyond that.

Pin this.... if Rick Ray beats a team like Kentucky next year, everyone will stop chattering about firing him. He's a good coach that has a team with potential. (I wonder how everyone would feel about Mullen if we would have lost to Arkansas and OM this year. You would probably be calling for his head and constantly making ridiculous Sherrill comparisons).

Saying we will never be mediocre again is a joke. I GUARANTEE if we get Newman you'll revert your statement.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2014, 06:52 PM

You could be right, but that's a separate issue.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:53 PM
How many extra Ray years is Malik Newman worth? Ray should send some serious "love" Newman's way.

People tell me the administration's official stance is that Ray gets 2 more years to prove he is the guy.

If I'm Ray, Newman is the difference in getting at least 5 more years of a 1 million plus salary. I'd do whatever the **** I had to to land him.

I'll say this- alot's changed in the last month and it's going to be interesting to watch

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 07:00 PM
People tell me the administration's official stance is that Ray gets 2 more years to prove he is the guy.

If I'm Ray, Newman is the difference in getting at least 5 more years of a 1 million plus salary. I'd do whatever the **** I had to to land him.

I'll say this- alot's changed in the last month and it's going to be interesting to watch

If it's me and I don't have the backers yet I'm sending half my salary to Jackson. I'll make an extra $3.5 million minimum this way. That's just me though.

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 07:04 PM
It's very telling that Rick doesn't have a job by now and isn't being mentioned for ANY open positions, even the one as bad as Auburn where his recruiting connections are still relevant.

He had success, won us a conference title, but flamed out. Why can't we as a fan base just thank him for his contributions to MSU and move forward? How often does a school go from a 10+ year coach to another noteworthy guy in one shot? I don't think Ray will be here much longer, but moving backwards isn't the answer. Now that RS is further in the rearview MSU has to be an attractive job. Optimism, guys. Optimism.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 07:10 PM
It's very telling that Rick doesn't have a job by now and isn't being mentioned for ANY open positions, even the one as bad as Auburn where his recruiting connections are still relevant.

Exactly. All we heard was Stands would have another job in a year. Well, we are in Year 2 and we will see if he lands one this year.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2014, 07:13 PM

He had success, won us a conference title, but flamed out. Why can't we as a fan base just thank him for his contributions to MSU and move forward? How often does a school go from a 10+ year coach to another noteworthy guy in one shot? I don't think Ray will be here much longer, but moving backwards isn't the answer. Now that RS is further in the rearview MSU has to be an attractive job. Optimism, guys. Optimism.

I think a lot of people don't understand just how much basketball is about the players. That's why Stans had success and that's why it was iffy to fire him. He could bring in players. He just literally didn't do ANYTHING else well. Gene Hackman didn't start winning until Jimmy Chitwood decided to play. My complains with the basketball program have been 2-fold: one was stricklin botching the search and ending up with choice Z. And now it's on Ray to recruit better. If Ray can sign Newman, all bets are off. He is a program changer in the way Cam Newton could have been. Especially if Newman plays 2 years for us.

defiantdog
03-15-2014, 07:16 PM
We are simply in the same position Alabama was when Gottfried got the boot. By the way, Alabama fans are saying the same shit about Grant that we are saying about Ray.

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 07:17 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was going to take a year off, but now he's TRYING to get a job (ie hiring a firm, recruiting European players) and can't even get a nibble.

He'll find something eventually, but don't expect him to pop up at any major conference school. He'll end up at La Tech after White gets a better gig. So the coach we are all arguing about whether he had MSU in elite form or not is probably going to be a C-USA coach next year. Think about that.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
As was told me today:

We have people that have decided that they cant stand losing anymore. They will support Ray and try to make it work.

Apparently Strick and Keenum's message of 4 years regardless has brought some people back into the fold. They arent willing to be hardheaded 2 more years

Maroonthirteen
03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
I recall Jamont benefited often from Stans coaching style/handling of players.

#shortsighted.

My last recollection of Jamont playing for State is him bricking a 25 ft three between two Memphis defenders as Hansbrough stood wide open at the 3pt line.

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 07:26 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was going to take a year off, but now he's TRYING to get a job (ie hiring a firm, recruiting European players) and can't even get a nibble.

He'll find something eventually, but don't expect him to pop up at any major conference school. He'll end up at La Tech after White gets a better gig. So the coach we are all arguing about whether he had MSU in elite form or not is probably going to be a C-USA coach next year. Think about that.

The season just ended for teams that will fire coaches. This next month will determine how popular Stansbury is. Judging his "nibbles" before now doesn't mean anything. How many schools besides Auburn have fired their coach?

La. Tech is better than MSU and Auburn right now. They are 27-7. Their University isn't in the same ballpark but their basketball program is. Don't knock them too hard.

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 07:30 PM
As was told me today:

We have people that have decided that they cant stand losing anymore. They will support Ray and try to make it work.

Apparently Strick and Keenum's message of 4 years regardless has brought some people back into the fold. They arent willing to be hardheaded 2 more years

Guess we've finally decided to start competing off the court. Glad to hear it.

engie
03-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Exactly. All we heard was Stands would have another job in a year. Well, we are in Year 2 and we will see if he lands one this year.

This is his 3rd hiring period since he resigned at MSU... Not really year 2. Guys that are considered very good/elite coaches that leave jobs on bad terms sometimes immediately land on their feet if they so choose. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Bruce Weber and Tubby Smith(2x).

That said, the rumor was at the time he'd stay in MS for his 25 year...and it's damn near to that point... So, it's quite possible he's been turning questionable offers down to get that number in before he takes on a new challenge.

USM seems like the perfect place to rehab a career...

Coach34
03-15-2014, 07:31 PM
The season just ended for teams that will fire coaches. This next month will determine how popular Stansbury is. Judging his "nibbles" before now doesn't mean anything. How many schools besides Auburn have fired their coach?

La. Tech is better than MSU and Auburn right now. They are 27-7. Their University isn't in the same ballpark but their basketball program is. Don't knock them too hard.

La Tech pays 3-400K and is in the bus leagues....regardless of record- they are a nobody.

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2014, 07:51 PM
I recall Lamont benefited often from Stans coaching style/handling of players.

#shortsighted.

My last recollection of Lamont playing for State is him bricking a 25 ft three between two Memphis defenders as Hansbrough stood wide open at the 3pt line.

Who the hell is Lamont?

BrunswickDawg
03-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Who the hell is Lamont?

You know, Fred Sanford's kid.

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 08:04 PM
La Tech pays 3-400K and is in the bus leagues....regardless of record- they are a nobody.

They pay shit but their program is much much healthier right now than us and Auburn.

RPI
La. Tech 56
Auburn 166
MSU 240

Getting the La. Tech job might be a better landing spot for him. Wichita St. was once mocked just like La. Tech is today. Just sayin.

Political Hack
03-15-2014, 08:07 PM
I see you're not in favor of personal accountability and responsibility.

Why would sour grapes count as much as the word of someone who played hard for us and should have nothing but positive memories from his time at State anyway?

Your hyperbole is showing your bias. But if it's true that so many former players have positive memories of Stans, why are they not stepping forward to either defend him or criticize the administration?

Bart Hyche, who was used as an example of those who spoke out against him, came back and reposted a day or two later to clear the air that he did not want what he said taken as a slight against Stans. You think Lawrence, Swat, Austin, Zimmerman, Bowers, and others are ripping him incessantly?

As far as Williams goes, there's a very tight contingent on the MS Gulf Coast that supports both and regularly talks with both. They may not be best of friends, but there's zero proof that there was ever any direct relationship between William's firing and Stan's hiring. Williams may have felt like he was pushed out for Stans and was resentful, but to magically assume Stan's had something to do with Wilkiams doing what he did to get canned is absurd. Richard did that. He paid the price.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Dick williams was such a good coach that took msu to final 4, where did he coach again? Mississippi high school? 3rd assistant for brady at arky state?

Msu sucked for 40 yrs until RS became an assistant . We suddenly became better. He leaves and we go back .

Not saying he shouldnt have been canned but the rick bullshit gets old. Id kill to be mediocre and borderline ncaa. By seeing the crowd at the hump, they would too

engie
03-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Dick williams was such a good coach that took msu to final 4, where did he coach again? Mississippi high school? 3rd assistant for brady at arky state?

Msu sucked for 40 yrs until RS became an assistant . We suddenly became better. He leaves and we go back .

Not saying he shouldnt have been canned but the rick bullshit gets old. Id kill to be mediocre and borderline ncaa. By seeing the crowd at the hump, they would too

Jumping the gun with the rest of them, I see. Please tell me -- what role did Stans play in the 91 title team?

You are basically saying only Ron Polk can fill Dudy Noble...

Fact is, we're a pretty good basketball school now that demands better. We owe Stans and Williams for changing that perception. But you've gone full retard if you think we're about to re-enter some 40 year dark ages for basketball now that we got rid of the LONGEST ACTING COACH IN THE BIG 6 CONFERENCES WITHOUT A SWEET 16 pretending he's some transcendent figure that we can never hope to replace.

Literally EVERYTHING is different today than it was in our drought. Alot of "poor ole MSU" coming out in your thoughts right now.

FACT -- next time we hire a basketball coach, we will be one of the 25 richest athletics departments in the country -- and capable of bidding whatever we please for the best available coach. A luxury, consequently, we've NEVER before had in our history.

1bigdawg
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
there's zero proof that there was ever any direct relationship between William's firing and Stan's hiring.

I know first hand that Rick was campaigning for the job with the cigar boys during the Final Four run. He told them that he was the only reason for the success at the time. I heard second hand information that he was behind the demise of Richard and with my background information, I believe it.

That said, he was a good coach for a lot of years. He just let things blow up on him.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Bart Hyche, who was used as an example of those who spoke out against him, came back and reposted a day or two later to clear the air that he did not want what he said taken as a slight against Stans.

As far as Williams goes, there's a very tight contingent on the MS Gulf Coast that supports both and regularly talks with both. They may not be best of friends, but there's zero proof that there was ever any direct relationship between William's firing and Stan's hiring. Williams may have felt like he was pushed out for Stans and was resentful, but to magically assume Stan's had something to do with Wilkiams doing what he did to get canned is absurd. Richard did that. He paid the price.

A) Bart backed off because thats all people focused on was what he said about Stands. Bart is no fan I assure you.

B) There is nothing absurd about what was said about Stands getting Williams fired. If Williams had things about taken care of- but it was leaked to the administration- and they found it to be true....leading to Williams being fired- you cant see some animosity being there between him and Stands? I've heard the same rumor from 4 different people- 2 of them work on campus...Stands was the coach was 14 years....14 years...and Williams was never around....suddenly we hire Rick Ray and he is always around- you want to call that coincidence? Seriously?

Angus has told us of the rift between Crooms and Jackie- and its amazing how Crooms is fired and suddenly Jackie is back in the fold. That took 5 years. You're telling me it took 14 years for Richard Williams to be forgiven? Why was there no 10 yr Anniversary for the 1996 Final Four team? Thats insane to me.

Maroonthirteen
03-15-2014, 08:44 PM
After Stans gave him carte Blanche.... Stan's should tweet back, "You big dummy."

HailState39110
03-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Did you not notice Sherill a fixture back in Starkville once Croom was fired? JWS was the antichrist when Croom was in charge. Now he goes to just about All the home games. same thing with Williams being around the bball program now. Everything always works full circle . Im sure once Ray is fired Stans will be asked to be around the program

drunkernhelldawg
03-16-2014, 01:59 AM
I love Jamont. I stopped reading after he gave Croom props for Mullen's success though.

I was glad to see that glimmer of truth. People hate Croom so passionately that they don't even give him credit for his wins. I do and I don't understand it. We had one winning season between 2000 and Mullen's arrival, and Croom coached our team to that accomplishment, which ended with an MSU Bulldog bowl win.

SPMT
03-16-2014, 02:47 AM

I know what happened, as do many. Can't dip your pen in the company ink.

Stan's allowed him at practices often. Watched one Richard was at. He calls him "coach".

Political Hack
03-16-2014, 07:44 AM
I know what happened, as do many. Can't dip your pen in the company ink.

Stan's allowed him at practices often. Watched one Richard was at. He calls him "coach".

so he was ok with Richard coming to his closed practices but Stans wouldn't let him come to the Hump? No dice guys. y'all are pulling straws. Thanks for clearing that up SPMT. Simple fact was that Richard did something that takes time to go away. The Stans hate has blinded some. To place blame on him because he wanted the head coaching job is extremely misplaced.

Next I'm guessing it was going to be Stans who got the girl ready to go too, huh? May as well since we're throwing or a bunch of "if's" and speculation. I'm pretty sure Stans was on the grassy knoll too.

Look, I wanted him gone. It was time, but to rip him after being the all time winningest coach ever and to attack him over "if" is absurd.

esplanade91
03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
I was glad to see that glimmer of truth. People hate Croom so passionately that they don't even give him credit for his wins. I do and I don't understand it. We had one winning season between 2000 and Mullen's arrival, and Croom coached our team to that accomplishment, which ended with an MSU Bulldog bowl win.

Were you watching the same games I was watching? Because that team was terrible. We were fortunate to play a lot of teams that were worse, and to this day I'm still curious as to how everyone was so bad in 2007.

You want to like Croom because you've been told by talking heads and Mike Slive that he was an important person and he's a great guy (supposedly) and thus you MUST like Croom. In reality Croom left us with less talent than he had when he arrived, but he somehow gets a pass for that because he was cleaning the program of elite talent thugs? I especially find that funny considering the amount of arrests our players piled up. That's one thing, but the worst part is how he never put an ounce of work into his job, never held himself accountable, and still to this day preaches to anyone who will listen that we're still racists.

Jamont is dead wrong on Croom, and since he arrived in 2005 I don't know how him being around the program makes him an expert. He probably has no clue what led to Jackie's demise (JUCO linemen, I'm not referring to Ole Miss booster lady). Mullen had had an uphill battle on his hands with our roster BECAUSE of Croom.

No one will convince otherwise that if had we hired ANYONE but Croom we would have gone bowling sooner than 07 and every year since.

drunkernhelldawg
03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Were you watching the same games I was watching? Because that team was terrible. We were fortunate to play a lot of teams that were worse, and to this day I'm still curious as to how everyone was so bad in 2007.

You want to like Croom because you've been told by talking heads and Mike Slive that he was an important person and he's a great guy (supposedly) and thus you MUST like Croom. In reality Croom left us with less talent than he had when he arrived, but he somehow gets a pass for that because he was cleaning the program of elite talent thugs? I especially find that funny considering the amount of arrests our players piled up. That's one thing, but the worst part is how he never put an ounce of work into his job, never held himself accountable, and still to this day preaches to anyone who will listen that we're still racists.

Jamont is dead wrong on Croom, and since he arrived in 2005 I don't know how him being around the program makes him an expert. He probably has no clue what led to Jackie's demise (JUCO linemen, I'm not referring to Ole Miss booster lady). Mullen had had an uphill battle on his hands with our roster BECAUSE of Croom.

No one will convince otherwise that if had we hired ANYONE but Croom we would have gone bowling sooner than 07 and every year since.

It's really stinky bullshit for you to tell me what I think and why I think it. I don't particularly like Croom, but I think it's stupid to say that Jackie left him in good shape. And it's like landing on another planet to see Bulldog fans cheering against and denigrating Bulldog victories because they despise the coach.

esplanade91
03-16-2014, 11:21 AM
I didn't say Jackie left Croom in good shape. That would be false. But it's one of the greatest MSU related myths of all time that Jackie didn't leave Croom any talent and that Croom teed MSU up for Mullen. Everyone tip toes around the fact that Croom was a big pile of shit because of his historical significance. It's somehow politically incorrect for him to be a villain in Starkville when he deserves every bit of it.

I don't think anyone on here is or has ever rooted against MSU because of the coach, but don't sit here and try to tell me what you saw during Croom's tenure was ever SEC-level coaching on his behalf. Ellis Johnson's defense is the difference in us going to and winning a bowl in 2007 and going 0-12 (slight exaggeration).

And Jamont isn't qualified to tell me that I should think differently just because he played basketball for MSU completely removed from the Sherrill era. But like I said, you and him are allowed to have your own opinion. I'm not going to dog Jamont because he's one of the few basketball players to express love for his school.

Vandownbytheriver
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Are you assholes incapable of typing the guys name instead of some bullshit little nickname? We get it, you hate the guy. He's gone. Do we need to start referring to Ray because our free throw shooting is laughable as Brick? See how dumb that looks.

Coach34
03-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Are you assholes incapable of typing the guys name instead of some bullshit little nickname? We get it, you hate the guy. He's gone. Do we need to start referring to Ray because our free throw shooting is laughable as Brick? See how dumb that looks.

Our FT shooting this year was about the same as it was for over half of Stands tenure

Coach34
03-16-2014, 12:37 PM
2014- 66.3%

2000- 66.9%
2001- 65.9%
2002- 65.3%
2003- 67.4%
2004- 66.4%
2005- 66.5%
2006- 63.3%
2007- 66.5 %
2008- 64.6 %

As you can see, we shot them about the same or better as Stands teams did until 2009. Give Stands credit, we shot FT's better from 2009-2012. Not sure if he made some changes in approach or the players were just slightly more skilled.

Vandownbytheriver
03-16-2014, 02:16 PM
So in other words, Brick is just as mediocre as Stands?

whatever
03-16-2014, 02:29 PM

Actually, that doesn't sound dumb at all... Brick Ray is kind of genius

Political Hack
03-16-2014, 02:30 PM

dammit. way to go Farley.

coastdoglover
03-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Hack, these folks led by coach will do anything and everything to try and discredit Stansbury. He had nothing to do with Williams firing because Richard did that to himself. Malcolm Portera was the reason Rick got the job because LT had already offered it to Duane Reboul and Portera told LT he was clueless which we all know he was. Bart Hyche was pissed that he got moved to 2nd string and that was it. Coach bashed Jamont over and over on Sixpack and now he claims Jamont is a genious . Richard Williams openly recruited against MSU when he tried to help Dave Odom get Timmy Bowers. That didn't help Richard's place in Stansbury's eyes. Richard has always been jealous of Rick and it will never change. There are so many lies posted on these message boards it is ridiculous and usually it is someone with an agenda. We all know coach's agenda because it went on for 8 years. Now he is searching desperately for some sunlight at the end of the tunnel and has defended Rick Ray on every count. Next year will prove if we have improved, but there is no reason to expect anything else but a weekly post by coach to try and prove his point. Stansbury has been approached about several jobs but he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to. He was smart with his money and is set for life. Rick Ray has allowed Richard Williams into his fold because he is in over his head. That is why he has tried to get Richard involved with a group to secure Malik. I know it and most other folks do too. No use going any further because we all know what is trying to be done. It is time to move on and quit bashing Stansbury. He did the best he could do and right now that is better than anybody who ever coached at MSU. Coach and his buddies can't accept that and will never do it because they are afraid their egos will be tarnished. The SEC is awful in basketball now with the exception of Florida and on occasions Kentucky. If we can't get to .500 in this league now, then it proves Scott failed. Enough said.

so he was ok with Richard coming to his closed practices but Stans wouldn't let him come to the Hump? No dice guys. y'all are pulling straws. Thanks for clearing that up SPMT. Simple fact was that Richard did something that takes time to go away. The Stans hate has blinded some. To place blame on him because he wanted the head coaching job is extremely misplaced.

Next I'm guessing it was going to be Stans who got the girl ready to go too, huh? May as well since we're throwing or a bunch of "if's" and speculation. I'm pretty sure Stans was on the grassy knoll too.

Look, I wanted him gone. It was time, but to rip him after being the all time winningest coach ever and to attack him over "if" is absurd.

Dawg61
03-16-2014, 02:49 PM

Hahahaha Brick Ray

shannondawg
03-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Waiting for Coach to explain why Brick is not funny but Stands is. hehehehehhe

esplanade91
03-16-2014, 03:10 PM
It is time to move on and quit bashing Stansbury. He did the best he could do and right now that is better than anybody who ever coached at MSU.
Babe is the greatest coach in MSU's history. Stansbury has the most wins. He doesn't have 4 titles though. Babe does. And 3 CotY's.

Stans is #2 and deserves recognition for that. Still, I think claiming he's the best is a little absurd.

coastdoglover
03-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Okay, no argument with either, but that is not the point. We aren't anywhere close to those days now.

Babe is the greatest coach in MSU's history. Stansbury has the most wins. He doesn't have 4 titles though. Babe does. And 3 CotY's.

Stans is #2 and deserves recognition for that. Still, I think claiming he's the best is a little absurd.

HoopsDawg
03-16-2014, 03:47 PM
So in other words, Brick is just as mediocre as Stands?

I'm always amazed when fans blame free throw shooting on the head coach. Literally, amazed.

Coach34
03-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Waiting for Coach to explain why Brick is not funny but Stands is. hehehehehhe

I actually like that alot- Brick Ray it is

Vandownbytheriver
03-16-2014, 04:36 PM
He's supposed to be this stellar coach who is all about fundamentals. Isn't that one of the basic fundamentals of the game? Stan's got blamed for everything that went wrong ever. **** yeah I can blame Brick if I want.

Vandownbytheriver
03-16-2014, 04:37 PM

I hold copyright and tshirt rights

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 08:54 AM

And these morons are the ones you guys look to to give you "inside" information! This should prove that those "connections" to the administration are most likely the drunk guy at the end of the bar.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 09:00 AM
And these morons are the ones you guys look to to give you "inside" information! This should prove that those "connections" to the administration are most likely the drunk guy at the end of the bar.

not following...

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 09:12 AM
This thread is hilarious. Like anyone gives a dam what former players think. Enis is the only one who gets it. We will NEVER be as good as we were and as consistent as we were under Stands. The fact is that we probably go to the NCAA tourney this season over Tennessee if we still have Stands coaching. Instead we got Coach talking about two more years. He's probably right because that's what mediocre universities do when they jump to conclusions, reacting to fans who don't understand what's going on, and slash their own program. A school like UK just fires the coach and moves on (Gillespie). But not at MSU. We will be forced to ride this trainwreck out. Especially with all the money flying out the door and the need for something to be done with the baseball facilities.

Then we have Coach, 6 years later and still trashing Stands, even in the face of the utter disaster which has ensured with Stands' departure.

You can give Ray 2 years. You can give him 10. We won't win with him. And another thing: we likely won't win with his successor either. It's just the truth. Look around. If basketball coaches were available, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas would all have good ones.

I'd say we'll be lucky if we make another NCAA in the next 8 years.

smootness
03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
The fact is that we probably go to the NCAA tourney this season over Tennessee if we still have Stands coaching.

Ha. Yeah, because we were going regularly under Stans when he was let go.

So pretty much where we've been for the last 8 years.

I don't think people realize how far away we were from Stans' peak years when he was let go.

Coach34
03-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Yep Sandman, we may never make the NCAA Tourney again. And Stands getting snatched up by another program so quick like that really made us look bad

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 09:24 AM
not following...

I was referring to the post you were replying to. I just find it comical that the same people that always refer to this "inside" information they have, seems to turn out to be about 99% agenda-driven propaganda.

Like Stans never allowed Dick back for anything, only to find out he actually was invited to practices and Stans even showed him the respect to call him "coach".

Coach34
03-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't think people realize how far away we were from Stans' peak years when he was let go.

But he left Ray so much talent- how can we not be winning already?

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Hack, these folks led by coach will do anything and everything to try and discredit Stansbury. He had nothing to do with Williams firing because Richard did that to himself. Malcolm Portera was the reason Rick got the job because LT had already offered it to Duane Reboul and Portera told LT he was clueless which we all know he was. Bart Hyche was pissed that he got moved to 2nd string and that was it. Coach bashed Jamont over and over on Sixpack and now he claims Jamont is a genious . Richard Williams openly recruited against MSU when he tried to help Dave Odom get Timmy Bowers. That didn't help Richard's place in Stansbury's eyes. Richard has always been jealous of Rick and it will never change. There are so many lies posted on these message boards it is ridiculous and usually it is someone with an agenda. We all know coach's agenda because it went on for 8 years. Now he is searching desperately for some sunlight at the end of the tunnel and has defended Rick Ray on every count. Next year will prove if we have improved, but there is no reason to expect anything else but a weekly post by coach to try and prove his point. Stansbury has been approached about several jobs but he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to. He was smart with his money and is set for life. Rick Ray has allowed Richard Williams into his fold because he is in over his head. That is why he has tried to get Richard involved with a group to secure Malik. I know it and most other folks do too. No use going any further because we all know what is trying to be done. It is time to move on and quit bashing Stansbury. He did the best he could do and right now that is better than anybody who ever coached at MSU. Coach and his buddies can't accept that and will never do it because they are afraid their egos will be tarnished. The SEC is awful in basketball now with the exception of Florida and on occasions Kentucky. If we can't get to .500 in this league now, then it proves Scott failed. Enough said.

+1

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I was referring to the post you were replying to. I just find it comical that the same people that always refer to this "inside" information they have, seems to turn out to be about 99% agenda-driven propaganda.

Like Stans never allowed Dick back for anything, only to find out he actually was invited to practices and Stans even showed him the respect to call him "coach".

gotcha. I think it's "half information" a lot of time that results in assumptions. Happens with most posters, including me. It's just absurd to me that anyone can still be bitching about Stans after the shit show we've seen the last two years b

Coach34
03-17-2014, 09:40 AM

Williams jealous of Stands? Seriously?
Stands has been approached about many jobs and turned them down- yet he has had to hire a firm to help him get a job? I know good and damn well he has hired one.
Ray sux because he cant win with all that talent Stands left him huh?

About the only thing you got right in that rant was LT not wanting to hire Stands- but as history has shown, LT was probably the worst hiring AD anybody has ever seen.

Coach34
03-17-2014, 09:43 AM
CDL- you told us Stands was going to be the Auburn coach- still stand by that one?

engie
03-17-2014, 09:51 AM
It's just absurd to me that anyone can still be bitching about Stans after the shit show we've seen the last two years b

I'm sure you were totally past bitching about Jackie in 04 and 05 too weren't you? And you were totally over bitching about Polk during Cohen's first 2 teams as well huh?

No one is over bitching about Stans because a large part of the shitshow we've seen on the court to this point is still directly attributable to him. Year 3 is when that changes. And arguing that it SHOULD have already changed is simply you pushing a pro-Stans agenda, while bitching about others taking an anti-Stans agenda no less.

engie
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Stands has been approached about many jobs and turned them down- yet he has had to hire a firm to help him get a job? I know good and damn well he has hired one.

About the only thing you got right in that rant was LT not wanting to hire Stands- but as history has shown, LT was probably the worst hiring AD anybody has ever seen.

Wasn't he the most vocal one that was pissed about you calling Stans for buying players? Yet, here he is accusing our CURRENT coach of the exact same thing in a public forum. Nothing hypocritical about that**

coastdoglover
03-17-2014, 09:55 AM
CDL- you told us Stands was going to be the Auburn coach- still stand by that one?

Show me where I told you that. I do know he was approached last year by some Auburn folks to see if he would be interested . That is it. You are some piece of work.

whatever
03-17-2014, 09:55 AM

Makes pretty good sense that Williams would be jealous, Stans took credit for Williams good years, and that theory looked validated when Stans took over his program and had more success than Williams did on a more consistent basis. You don't think Stans having the job Williams wanted AND having success with it made him jealous? When he was coaching Pearl High? You really are an idiot

And you know Stans has "hired a firm" because you heard it on a message board, just like the rest of us. And actually, what would be wrong with hiring an agency or representation? Most coaches worth their salt have agents

engie
03-17-2014, 09:56 AM
You can give Ray 2 years. You can give him 10. We won't win with him. And another thing: we likely won't win with his successor either. It's just the truth. Look around. If basketball coaches were available, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas would all have good ones.

Yep -- here we go with you "seeing the future" again.

Just like there was NO way we EVER tear down Dudy Noble right?**

engie
03-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Makes pretty good sense that Williams would be jealous, Stans took credit for Williams good years, and that theory looked validated when Stans took over his program and had more success than Williams did on a more consistent basis. You don't think Stans having the job Williams wanted AND having success with it made him jealous? When he was coaching Pearl High?
This part, I actually agree with -- and it makes sense.

You really are an idiot

And you know Stans has "hired a firm" because you heard it on a message board, just like the rest of us. And actually, what would be wrong with hiring an agency or representation? Most coaches worth their salt have agents
This part is where it's funny that you are calling someone else an idiot -- while not actually actually acknowledging the difference between a search firm and an agent...

Coach34
03-17-2014, 10:06 AM

No- I'm THE person that put it on the message board- I HEARD it from a friend of Jay Jacobs who told me about him meeting with Stands, the firm rep, Joe Dean Jr, and a former player of ours.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm sure you were totally past bitching about Jackie in 04 and 05 too weren't you? And you were totally over bitching about Polk during Cohen's first 2 teams as well huh?

No one is over bitching about Stans because a large part of the shitshow we've seen on the court to this point is still directly attributable to him. Year 3 is when that changes. And arguing that it SHOULD have already changed is simply you pushing a pro-Stans agenda, while bitching about others taking an anti-Stans agenda no less.

I must be the only pro-Stans agenda guy that was calling for his head. thanks for making my intentions clear.

engie
03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
I must be the only pro-Stans agenda guy that was calling for his head. thanks for making my intentions clear.

Why are you backtracking on that now, then?

Bitching about people that are complaining about a guy that's still partially, if not majority responsible for the shitshow of our basketball program = a pro-Stans agenda. Period.

Now, if people are still bitching about him next year, that's a different story. His culpability with where our program is at ended last week IMO. But DAMN SURE not before then.

maroonmania
03-17-2014, 12:12 PM

IMO Yr 1 was all Stansbury's fault, but Yr 2 was both Stansbury's and Ray's fault. I mean while I can attribute Lewis' problems to Stans and maybe even Steele not wanting to play this year, Ray has to take full responsibility for signing 2 players that couldn't get on the court this year due to academics (Ndoye and Daniels) AND for having a guy that was playing significant minutes as a true freshman transfer out at mid-year. The Applewhite saga still makes no sense to me, even with all the transfers that Stans had (and he had a lot) I don't remember him ever having one in mid-year from a guy that was playing a lot and in good standing with the team. That's just strange. But yes, Yr 3 is ALL on Ray. If we don't have significant improvement next year then I am fully ready to say we might as well move on.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Why are you backtracking on that now, then?

Bitching about people that are complaining about a guy that's still partially, if not majority responsible for the shitshow of our basketball program = a pro-Stans agenda. Period.

Now, if people are still bitching about him next year, that's a different story. His culpability with where our program is at ended last week IMO. But DAMN SURE not before then.

there's no excuse for the mismanagement of the roster the last two seasons. It's been abysmal. I can't defend that. I was ready for Stans to walk off in the sunset. I think it had gotten to be too much with him at State between Renardo, fighting in the stands, constant suspensions, the NCAA's propensity to hammer us with a year plus suspension every time one of our players sneezed even though UK did the same thing and got 3 games, etc... He couldn't survive as out coach anymore. most of it was his fault. Some of it was others (admin support, Renardo, NCAA had it out for him, etc...). Despite those things we won some championships and had a lot of wins with him. Give the man a golf clap and move on. That's what I'm doing. He deserves that much after committing his entire F-ing life to our program for two decades.

I have yet to see Ray take a single step towards creating a winning program in his first two years. I don't see it on the court. I don't see it in recruiting. I don't see it on paper. I don't see it in the stands. I just don't see it. Our program is the dumpster fire of the SEC. It wasn't three years ago. Y'all can blame Stans all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that's he's NOT RESPONSIBLE for getting this program on track now. Ray is.

drunkernhelldawg
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
there's no excuse for the mismanagement of the roster the last two seasons. It's been abysmal. I can't defend that. I was ready for Stans to walk off in the sunset. I think it had gotten to be too much with him at State between Renardo, fighting in the stands, constant suspensions, the NCAA's propensity to hammer us with a year plus suspension every time one of our players sneezed even though UK did the same thing and got 3 games, etc... He couldn't survive as out coach anymore. most of it was his fault. Some of it was others (admin support, Renardo, NCAA had it out for him, etc...). Despite those things we won some championships and had a lot of wins with him. Give the man a golf clap and move on. That's what I'm doing. He deserves that much after committing his entire F-ing life to our program for two decades.

I have yet to see Ray take a single step towards creating a winning program in his first two years. I don't see it on the court. I don't see it in recruiting. I don't see it on paper. I don't see it in the stands. I just don't see it. Our program is the dumpster fire of the SEC. It wasn't three years ago. Y'all can blame Stans all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that's he's NOT RESPONSIBLE for getting this program on track now. Ray is.

Not much in this post that I totally agree with, but I do agree with you that posts like the one that started this thread are messed up. We're supposed to dislike Stans because every former player is not a fan? What a steaming pile of horseshit. What a goofy idea. We're weary of it. That's why these posts always get so much response.

engie
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
IMO Yr 1 was all Stansbury's fault, but Yr 2 was both Stansbury's and Ray's fault. I mean while I can attribute Lewis' problems to Stans and maybe even Steele not wanting to play this year, Ray has to take full responsibility for signing 2 players that couldn't get on the court this year due to academics (Ndoye and Daniels) AND for having a guy that was playing significant minutes as a true freshman transfer out at mid-year. The Applewhite saga still makes no sense to me, even with all the transfers that Stans had (and he had a lot) I don't remember him ever having one in mid-year from a guy that was playing a lot and in good standing with the team. That's just strange. But yes, Yr 3 is ALL on Ray. If we don't have significant improvement next year then I am fully ready to say we might as well move on.

Agreed with all of this.

The key word is that Ray was still ONLY partially to blame this year. Those pushing the other agenda want to put everything that happened on his shoulders...

engie
03-17-2014, 12:42 PM

He's responsible for running it off the rails at the end. You haven't seen anything out of Ray because you haven't yet given him a chance. Instead choosing to blame pre-existing problems and cancers that he cut out as being his problems in the first place.

I can literally take every single piece of your post and apply it to Cohen's first 2 years. We're not any "dumpster fire of the SEC" -- We are rebuilding.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM
I've never been one to believe that we have to hit the floor before you build to the top. That's my issue. he salvaged none of the good. He's just starting cutting and slashing without regard to what it's going to do to the program. We are in a terrible spot now. the Hump is DEAD and it's the last two years that killed it. Not the two before those.

smootness
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I've never been one to believe that we have to hit the floor before you build to the top. That's my issue. he salvaged none of the good. He's just starting cutting and slashing without regard to what it's going to do to the program. We are in a terrible spot now. the Hump is DEAD and it's the last two years that killed it. Not the two before those.

But it's the preceding years and the state of the program that led to the situation that mostly caused these last two years.

And I know you believe you can keep guys with attitude issues and allow them to undermine the coach simply because they're too talented to let go, but you and I will simply always disagree on that. I think it is much better long-term to start over and weed out those problems, even if it hurts a little in the short-term. You seem to believe cutting any corners that lead to more wins immediately is the best route to go.

engie
03-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Ah -- so it's Rick Ray that killed the Hump.

Why, then, did the basketball program under him bring in more money than Stans did in his last year with Sweet 16 talent?

engie
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
But it's the preceding years and the state of the program that led to the situation that mostly caused these last two years.

And I know you believe you can keep guys with attitude issues and allow them to undermine the coach simply because they're too talented to let go, but you and I will simply always disagree on that. I think it is much better long-term to start over and weed out those problems, even if it hurts a little in the short-term. You seem to believe cutting any corners that lead to more wins immediately is the best route to go.

Agreed 100%.

We've had what? 4? former players come speak out in support of Rick Ray and belief that he'll get the program up and going? That, to me, speaks volumes of what the "insiders" think about what they are seeing.

Here's what Horatio Webster had to say. Fast forward to 10:25
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=551&c=13571&f=2424683

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 01:27 PM
(I wonder how everyone would feel about Mullen if we would have lost to Arkansas and OM this year. You would probably be calling for his head and constantly making ridiculous Sherrill comparisons).

Ask the guy that started this thread. He predicted those losses and was already calling for Mullen to be fired.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 01:28 PM

Why, then, did the basketball program under him bring in more money than Stans did in his last year with Sweet 16 talent?

LMAO

(also, remeber, he had Renardo Sidney too, that's at least good enough for Elite 8 talent***)

engie
03-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Ask the guy that started this thread. He predicted those losses and was already calling for Mullen to be fired.

Leave it to you to continually make up bullshit about something we've been through in detail multiple times -- and was spelled out CONSTANTLY at the time. I'd expect no less from the dumbass that thought Cohen was a disaster hire.

engie
03-17-2014, 01:34 PM
LMAO

(also, remeber, he had Renardo Sidney too, that's at least good enough for Elite 8 talent***)

Gotta love the most tenured coach in all of the Big 6 without a Sweet 16. Good thing that coaching talent is getting his door knocked down to come coach for all these other good programs though**

The "Glory Years" you dumbasses are clamoring for have us tied for the 11th longest Sweet 16 drought in the Big 6 -- with Virginia likely to make it the 10th longest drought this year. That's right. Spin the shit out of this.

Longest NCAA droughts in the big6:

Northwestern - N/A. Never made tournament.
Nebraska - N/A. In the tournament with a decent shot as an 11-seed drawing Baylor and Creighton/ULL.
South Florida - N/A and fired their coach.
Va Tech - 1967 and fired their coach.
South Carolina - 1973
Rutgers - 1979
Oregon St - 1982
Depaul - 1987
Arizona St - 1995 - In the tournament, but a longshot getting Michigan in round 2.
Virginia - 1995 and would take an upset not to make it
MSU - 1996
Arkansas - 1996
Georgia - 1996

If we're "idiots" for aspiring for more than this -- then sign me up as the driver of the idiot bus.

drunkernhelldawg
03-17-2014, 01:38 PM

Glad to see that we're rolling in the dough in basketball. That's quite a take per fan at the game. Maybe we should hang a banner about it.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 01:38 PM
maybe we should just get a bunch of sponsors for money and not worry about fans coming to the game. another State Farm sign should do the trick.*** the atmosphere sucks. it's an embarrassment. I'm not counting dollar bills. I'm counting wins and butts in seats... not tickets bought. You want a dead program that earns a dollar, LT's your guy.

That response made me remember a magazine heading one year when LT was AD. It's said something to the effect of "we're in the black" after an absolutely abysmal sports year. That truly was what it was about then. Hope that's not going to continue to drive short term decisions now, because it will kill the long term outlook for the school.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Leave it to you to continually make up bullshit about something we've been through in detail multiple times -- and was spelled out CONSTANTLY at the time. I'd expect no less from the dumbass that thought Cohen was a disaster hire.

"When it is "time", it's time. There has been consistently clear regression since 2010 that is only hidden by the joke of a schedule we had last year. And not having it totally bottomed out YET doesn't mean it's not time to make a change." - engie 10/25/2013 talking about getting rid of Mullen NOW

"Now, I've come to terms with the fact that it's gone and there is no logical way we ever recapture it under this regime. But with a HC change -- especially with Hud and a likely immediate boost in recruiting -- we recapture "it" before the spring game. " engie 10/25/2013 on firing Mullen and hiring Hud NOW

"We are not going 6-6 this year IMO." engie 10/25/2013 picking State to lose to Ole Miss / Arkansas

"Look -- a bunch of people want Mullen gone at the end of this year barring something unforeseen(myself included)." engie 10/27/13 calling for Mullen to be fired

Look engie, be a big boy and live up to your own words. Dipshit. You wanted Mullen gone yesterday so you could get your boy Hud. You still probably do, you just won't post it now cause you would look like even a bigger dumbass than usual.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 01:48 PM
maybe we should just get a bunch of sponsors for money and not worry about fans coming to the game. another State Farm sign should do the trick.*** the atmosphere sucks. it's an embarrassment. I'm not counting dollar bills. I'm counting wins and butts in seats... not tickets bought. You want a dead program that earns a dollar, LT's your guy.

Kind of shows just how far some will dump reality and reason from their arguments just to drive home their agenda.

engie
03-17-2014, 01:53 PM

That response made me remember a magazine heading one year when LT was AD. It's said something to the effect of "we're in the black" after an absolutely abysmal sports year. That truly was what it was about then. Hope that's not going to continue to drive short term decisions now, because it will kill the long term outlook for the school.

He's killed our basketball program just like Cohen killed our baseball program in the first 2.

That Greg Byrne and Scott Stricklin are both idiots!1!11

engie
03-17-2014, 01:58 PM
"When it is "time", it's time. There has been consistently clear regression since 2010 that is only hidden by the joke of a schedule we had last year. And not having it totally bottomed out YET doesn't mean it's not time to make a change." - engie 10/25/2013 talking about getting rid of Mullen NOW

"Now, I've come to terms with the fact that it's gone and there is no logical way we ever recapture it under this regime. But with a HC change -- especially with Hud and a likely immediate boost in recruiting -- we recapture "it" before the spring game. " engie 10/25/2013 on firing Mullen and hiring Hud NOW

"We are not going 6-6 this year IMO." engie 10/25/2013 picking State to lose to Ole Miss / Arkansas

"Look -- a bunch of people want Mullen gone at the end of this year barring something unforeseen(myself included)." engie 10/27/13 calling for Mullen to be fired

Look engie, be a big boy and live up to your own words. Dipshit. You wanted Mullen gone yesterday so you could get your boy Hud. You still probably do, you just won't post it now cause you would look like even a bigger dumbass than usual.

Nice links, jackass. Oh -- wait. Providing those would provide actual context -- which goes against the spin that you are attempting to put on this shit. My position was clear to everyone with a brain -- which has obviously escaped you for quite some time -- and explaining it to you for the 10th time wouldn't accomplish a damn thing. Unlike you -- I owned my position as soon as Mullen pulled out the Egg Bowl -- and that Mullen had earned more time and gotten me back on the fence.

Me "look like a bigger dumbass than usual"? LOL @ that shit coming from you that never posts unless it's to bitch or whine about something.

Good thing we fired that disaster hire John Cohen in year 2 like you wanted to huh?!?

drunkernhelldawg
03-17-2014, 01:59 PM
He's killed our basketball program just like Cohen killed our baseball program in the first 2.

I'm not an insider, but this outsider's view looks like Scott pulled the trigger to get the process over with. To me, it looks like he was trying to get lucky. It looks like more should have gone into it. Not that Ray is the wrong guy; that is yet to be determined imo, but the hiring itself does not look well conceived.

engie
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm not an insider, but this outsider's view looks like Scott pulled the trigger to get the process over with. To me, it looks like he was trying to get lucky. It looks like more should have gone into it. Not that Ray is the wrong guy; that is yet to be determined imo, but the hiring itself does not look well conceived.

EVERYONE agrees that the hiring process itself was botched.

That does not, however, mean that it arrived at the wrong conclusion. We'll begin to get the actual answer to that in year 3. Just like we did with Cohen -- when as late as 3/5ths of the way through his third year, people were ready to fire him and go another direction IN SPITE OF his reputation and past success...

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Nice links, jackass. Oh -- wait. Providing those would provide actual context -- which goes against the spin that you are attempting to put on this shit. My position was clear to everyone with a brain -- which has obviously escaped you for quite some time -- and explaining it to you for the 10th time wouldn't accomplish a damn thing. Unlike you -- I owned my position as soon as Mullen pulled out the Egg Bowl -- and that Mullen had earned more time and gotten me back on the fence.

Me "look like a bigger dumbass than usual"? LOL @ that shit coming from you that never posts unless it's to bitch or whine about something.

Good thing we fired that disaster hire John Cohen in year 2 like you wanted to huh?!?

Look at engie. Got his panties in a wad because I busted his ass with HIS OWN WORDS, and what does he do? What he always does! MADE UP something about wanting Cohen fired THAT I NEVER STATED, yet he attributes it to me. What a lying, dumbass prick.

engie
03-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Look at engie. Got his panties in a wad because I busted his ass with HIS OWN WORDS, and what does he do? What he always does! MADE UP something about wanting Cohen fired THAT I NEVER STATED, yet he attributes it to me. What a lying, dumbass prick.

We can both play "make up bullshit that was never said" games -- or "take shit out of context for fun" games. That was the point.

But are you seriously delusional enough to believe that I can't rip you to pieces over your position about Cohen -- which is totally hilarious in hindsight?

But I'm damn glad that Collins and Prescott saved Mullen's ass by about 6" total and with alot of luck going our way in both of the last 2. That's what you've got to "prove me wrong" -- while I've got a CWS finals trophy calling you a prematurely opined idiot.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
So, there's no luck involved in getting to a CWS finals?

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 02:44 PM

#1 - Rick Ray and John Cohen are opposites. The only thing in the world they have in common is they both had losing seasons in their first two years. One is a huge loser who doesn't deserve to be a head coach at a BCS school. The other was a top 5 coach in the nation when he was hired by MSU.

#2 - Greg Byrne and Scott Stricklin are opposites. The only thing in the world they have in common is that Stricklin followed Byrne around mimicking him for a few years (which, by the way, was a good plan). One doesn't deserve to be an AD at a BCS school. The other is a top 5 AD in the country.

Whatever point you were trying to make, it didn't work.

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
engie you are a foul fellow.

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 02:48 PM
EVERYONE agrees that the hiring process itself was botched.

That does not, however, mean that it arrived at the wrong conclusion. We'll begin to get the actual answer to that in year 3. Just like we did with Cohen -- when as late as 3/5ths of the way through his third year, people were ready to fire him and go another direction IN SPITE OF his reputation and past success...

Of course it means he arrived at the wrong conclusion. He hired an assistant from a school that was trying to hire our head coach a year before. It was an asinine hire. Worst possible hire. Doesn't mean it was impossible for Ray to succeed. Just means the odds were astronomically low. And he's proven to be a huge bust. So the odds are right in this case. He's horrible. The numbers don't lie. How can we win 20+ games almost every season for 15 years and now we are the worst team in the SEC two years running? Especially with the league so down...perhaps worst ever with 3 tourney teams including one playing in the play-in game.

C222
03-17-2014, 02:54 PM

You may not have stated the actual words "FIRE COHEN" but you damn sure said he wasn't the man for the job and pretty much said he has no idea what he's doing.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-17-2014, 02:55 PM

Telling engie he is wrong goes over about as well as baptizing a cat or telling a woman to calm down

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 03:01 PM
You may not have stated the actual words "FIRE COHEN" but you damn sure said he wasn't the man for the job and pretty much said he has no idea what he's doing.

I believe the exact quote was "if not for what he did at Kentucky, you would wonder if he had a clue what he was doing!".

And that was was one of maybe three or four posts I made critical of Cohen. Yet somehow, amidst the chorus of posters expressing concern at the time, I am somehow the poster boy for the anti-Cohen sentiment. Why? Because I dared to challenge Mr. Archive on his stupidity.

engie
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Of course it means he arrived at the wrong conclusion. He hired an assistant from a school that was trying to hire our head coach a year before. It was an asinine hire. Worst possible hire. Doesn't mean it was impossible for Ray to succeed. Just means the odds were astronomically low. And he's proven to be a huge bust. So the odds are right in this case. He's horrible. The numbers don't lie. How can we win 20+ games almost every season for 15 years and now we are the worst team in the SEC two years running? Especially with the league so down...perhaps worst ever with 3 tourney teams including one playing in the play-in game.

Stans won 14 in year 2 of his head coaching tenure -- with a team he had built for a decade. Obviously, we should have fired him at that point**

Your assumptions as facts in both of your lasts two posts -- or really every post in this thread -- are laughable. The point is -- nobody knows shit about Ray and his qualifications at this point. But there sure is a whole bunch of people putting crow in the freezer -- and I'm not the only one taking notes either.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
But I'm damn glad that Collins and Prescott saved Mullen's ass by about 6" total and with alot of luck going our way in both of the last 2. That's what you've got to "prove me wrong" -- while I've got a CWS finals trophy calling you a prematurely opined idiot.

Well there is always this:

"But you are a ****ing moron if you think we win 4 or fewer in the SEC. Why do you need a game -- if you are so sure we aren't any better than last year? This team is going to go 7-11 or 8-10 in the SEC. Bookmark it and let me know when I'm wrong !!!11!1!!" engie 12/30/2013

So, who is the ****ing moron now, Mr. Archive?

engie
03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
I believe the exact quote was "if not for what he did at Kentucky, you would wonder if he had a clue what he was doing!".

And that was was one of maybe three or four posts I made critical of Cohen. Yet somehow, amidst the chorus of posters expressing concern at the time, I am somehow the poster boy for the anti-Cohen sentiment. Why? Because I dared to challenge Mr. Archive on his stupidity.

The exact quote was "No doubt about it. This is turning into one of the biggest coaching busts we've seen in a while. It's worse than Croom. Nobody had any idea what to expect from Croom. But people expected Cohen to have a clue what he's doing."

When you challenge stupidity -- it is best not to also be a shining example of stupid.

engie
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Well there is always this:

"But you are a ****ing moron if you think we win 4 or fewer in the SEC. Why do you need a game -- if you are so sure we aren't any better than last year? This team is going to go 7-11 or 8-10 in the SEC. Bookmark it and let me know when I'm wrong !!!11!1!!" engie 12/30/2013

So, who is the ****ing moron now, Mr. Archive?

You still are. Keep trying though.

I didn't foresee us being "figured out" like we were -- nor being quite as flawed as we ended up being while shorthanded. Sorry. I was wrong. See, how easy that was?

Damnnn -- you got me on that one. Can't be having any optimism for the future up in here!!1!1 What we REALLY need to do is rehire Stans!11!1 He's the only mother ****er alive that can win at a marginal level at MSU!1! Polk too!11!1

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
The exact quote was "No doubt about it. This is turning into one of the biggest coaching busts we've seen in a while. It's worse than Croom. Nobody had any idea what to expect from Croom. But people expected Cohen to have a clue what he's doing."

When you challenge stupidity -- it is best not to also be a shining example of stupid.

Forgive me, I thought he was referring to the other quote I made that you linked recently, where I stated the "if not for what he had done at Kentucky" part. Of course I didn't notice any "fire Cohenz!1!!" in there as you suggested. And as I have stated many, many times I was wrong about Cohen and have repeatedly stated such.

And you have been wrong about Mullen. And you were wrong about the basketball team this year winning 8 SEC games. Difference is you give yourself a pass on making wrong judgements. But you hold everyone else accountable. Well anyone who disagrees with you anyway.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
What we REALLY need to do is rehire Stans!11!1 He's the only mother ****er alive that can win at a marginal level at MSU!1! Polk too!11!1

Once a dumbass, always a dumbass.

Political Hack
03-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Other than you, I don't know of anyone in this thread that's trying to compare Rick Ray to a proven sec head coach with a strong enough relationship to State to have it be considered his dream job. The two are light years apart... but please continue defending an obvious shit show. Hopefully you're right, because our administration seems more willing to tank themselves along with him rather than take action to force progress.

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Stans won 14 in year 2 of his head coaching tenure -- with a team he had built for a decade. Obviously, we should have fired him at that point**

Your assumptions as facts in both of your lasts two posts -- or really every post in this thread -- are laughable. The point is -- nobody knows shit about Ray and his qualifications at this point. But there sure is a whole bunch of people putting crow in the freezer -- and I'm not the only one taking notes either.

yeah it's actually the opposite. there were a bunch of folks putting "crow in the freezer" when they were shooting their mouths off about Stands. Now they are having to eat it with a knife and fork. like presently. this is reality. it's occurring now. we suck. this is college basketball. you can win in year 1. you recruit some some ballers. that's what good coaches do. the great players only stay 1 season these days, in case you missed the memo.

engie
03-17-2014, 03:46 PM
yeah it's actually the opposite. there were a bunch of folks putting "crow in the freezer" when they were shooting their mouths off about Stands. Now they are having to eat it with a knife and fork. like presently. this is reality. it's occurring now. we suck. this is college basketball. you can win in year 1. you recruit some some ballers. that's what good coaches do. the great players only stay 1 season these days, in case you missed the memo.

What coach won in year 1 with similar circumstances to what Ray inherited? It's so easy to do, there has to be COUNTLESS examples of it out there...

engie
03-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Other than you, I don't know of anyone in this thread that's trying to compare Rick Ray to a proven sec head coach with a strong enough relationship to State to have it be considered his dream job. The two are light years apart... but please continue defending an obvious shit show. Hopefully you're right, because our administration seems more willing to tank themselves along with him rather than take action to force progress.

Hell, that's what MadDawg did with Cohen to Croom. The same analogy he now makes with Ray.

What "obvious shit show" am I defending exactly?

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 03:48 PM
the shit show that is MSU basketball. obviously.

Sandman14
03-17-2014, 03:48 PM
What coach won in year 1 with similar circumstances to what Ray inherited? It's so easy to do, there has to be COUNTLESS examples of it out there...

we not in year 1 anymore, chief. which is why what we suspected after year 1 has been confirmed as truth after year 2.

engie
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Forgive me, I thought he was referring to the other quote I made that you linked recently, where I stated the "if not for what he had done at Kentucky" part. Of course I didn't notice any "fire Cohenz!1!!" in there as you suggested. And as I have stated many, many times I was wrong about Cohen and have repeatedly stated such.

And you have been wrong about Mullen. And you were wrong about the basketball team this year winning 8 SEC games. Difference is you give yourself a pass on making wrong judgements. But you hold everyone else accountable. Well anyone who disagrees with you anyway.
LOL

Must have forgotten that you were the dumbass that brought the past into this thread -- presumably because I was owning it with facts that you and others can't adequately refute. So, that's YOUR crutch, not mine. Did you really think I wasn't going to point out how big of an idiot you have consistently been through every coaching situation I've followed -- after you first attempted to do that to me?

Once a dumbass, always a dumbass.
Touche'.

engie
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM
we not in year 1 anymore, chief. which is why what we suspected after year 1 has been confirmed as truth after year 2.

Who won big in year 2 in a similar circumstance then?

You are still neglecting names... for a VERY good reason, I'm sure**

C222
03-17-2014, 04:00 PM

Were you not watching the last two years under Stans? We were an absolute train wreck. Not making the Tournament his last year was the worst coaching job I have ever witnessed.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Must have forgotten that you were the dumbass that brought the past into this thread -- presumably because I was owning it with facts that you and others can't adequately refute. So, that's YOUR crutch, not mine. Did you really think I wasn't going to point out how big of an idiot you have consistently been through every coaching situation I've followed -- after you first attempted to do that to me?

Touche'.

So Mr. Archive has a problem with people bringing up old posts? Seriously? That is grade-A humor there.

And yes, I have been wrong on sooooo many coaches. I mean there was those 3-4 posts I made about Cohen. And then.....well.... yeah there were those Cohen posts!!!1!!1!!

But I guess since I'm not willing to state how proud I am of Ray and all the obvious advances he has made with the basketball program, I am wrong about Ray too. Gotcha.

MadDawg
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Hell, that's what MadDawg did with Cohen to Croom. The same analogy he now makes with Ray.

what the hell are you talking about? what analogy to Ray? Makin more shit up?

War Machine Dawg
03-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Unless it has to do with ass, MadDawg has become an insufferable asshole the last few years. One of the worst pure sports posters both at SPS and here.

engie
03-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Unless it has to do with ass, MadDawg has become an insufferable asshole the last few years. One of the worst pure sports posters both at SPS and here.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees it...

Dawg61
03-18-2014, 12:44 AM

Is MadDawg the guy with the fishing expeditions in Florida that posts all the pics of the slutty bikini clad Florida girls? I love that guy. Now he's roasting Engie's balls over a Florida size campfire. Haha MadDawg I've got a free single-malt of your choice waiting for you. Engie I've told you a hundred times already ya gotta stop comparing Rick Ray to John Cohen. It's the worst comparison I've ever seen. We've ever seen. It weakens your stance so much you're standing on thin air. To use Cohen's NC appearance to give Rick Ray value is pathetic.

Coach34
03-18-2014, 12:53 AM
Is MadDawg the guy with the fishing expeditions in Florida that posts all the pics of the slutty bikini clad Florida girls? I love that guy. Now he's roasting Engie's balls over a Florida size campfire. Haha MadDawg I've got a free single-malt of your choice waiting for you. Engie I've told you a hundred times already ya gotta stop comparing Rick Ray to John Cohen. It's the worst comparison I've ever seen. We've ever seen. It weakens your stance so much you're standing on thin air. To use Cohen's NC appearance to give Rick Ray value is pathetic.

No, it's just so sad many of you miss what he is saying. Both situations were left in bad shape and you cant pass judgement based on the results to date. You can adequately evaluate Ray these next 2 seasons now that he has had time to rebuild some. Just like you could more adequately judge Cohen beginning in year 3

It's really not hard to grasp what he is saying if you have an IQ above jello

Dawg61
03-18-2014, 12:57 AM
No, it's just so sad many of you miss what he is saying. Both situations were left in bad shape and you cant pass judgement based on the results to date. You can adequately evaluate Ray these next 2 seasons now that he has had time to rebuild some. Just like you could more adequately judge Cohen beginning in year 3

He doesn't stop there and you know it. He uses the Omaha run to add value to Ray. Even Jello says that's pathetic.

MadDawg
03-18-2014, 08:35 AM

I've been called worse by better.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 10:03 AM

Thought a "told you so" seems appropriate today.

shannondawg
12-21-2014, 11:34 AM
This is amazing, how many times have I seen written, Stansbury is gone, there is no reason to bring him up.

As far as Jamont , that's the same thing he brought up sometime ago.

Babe and Williams both made the same mistake. one with the president and the other with one of our largest boosters and LT's favorite.

Until someone convinces me otherwise, I believe Richard Williams has something to do with Coach34's hate of Stansbury.

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
2014- 66.3%

2000- 66.9%
2001- 65.9%
2002- 65.3%
2003- 67.4%
2004- 66.4%
2005- 66.5%
2006- 63.3%
2007- 66.5 %
2008- 64.6 %

As you can see, we shot them about the same or better as Stands teams did until 2009. Give Stands credit, we shot FT's better from 2009-2012. Not sure if he made some changes in approach or the players were just slightly more skilled.

Slightly ???

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 12:08 PM

Do you stand by your prediction of how good Ready and Daniels were going to be?

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 12:23 PM

Why don't we have a vote on who is the biggest dumbass, Engie ,WarDog, or Mad Dog? I'm betting MD ain't the one

coastdoglover
12-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Shannondawg, only coach34 could be so happy to get to continue his over 13 year bashing of Rick Stansbury. I totally agree with your comments about Coach34 and Williams. Williams hated Rick Stansbury because of the success Stans had. Thus Coach's continued adoration of Williams and even pimping him to be an interim coach. Without Brady and Stansbury, Williams was a bust. Williams actually tried to help Dave Odom recruit Timmy Bowers to Wake Forest and I saw it myself. The facts remain, Rick Ray has had 3 years to have a successful program and he has failed miserably. That has killed coach34 and his enterouge and now all they can do is try to continue to blame someone other than themselves. This bashing went on for over 10 years before the coaching change was made. some of us thought that was premature because we could see the overall picture and while we didn't win the NCAA tourney, we sure as hell competed. We are now the laughing stock of the league. All the outright lies coach has posted are just that. Rodney Hood's daddy told me first hand he was leaving it up to Rodney as to whether to stay at MSU or not but Rodney's mom said there was no way she was going to have her son around all the profanity he had told her about. The bullshit Coach puts on here about Horatio is just that. If Horatio felt like coach has stated, why in the world would he have considered Texas A&M? Scott and Ray are the only people who are accountable for this mess. Nobody else. Coach34 never bought season tickets any way so it was no big deal to him. Now tickets can be purchased for $5.00 and 1000 people at a game are the norm. These folks got what they wanted, now all of us suffer because of it. We will now see how strong our AD is and can he rectify a bad mistake. Until then, we might as well relish a women's basketball victory or a recruiting victory. The SEC is going to be brutal and we can look forward to coach trying to pimp his buddy for interim coach which will only delay the inevitable.

This is amazing, how many times have I seen written, Stansbury is gone, there is no reason to bring him up.

Babe and Williams both made the same mistake. one with the president and the other with one of our largest boosters and LT's favorite.

Until someone convinces me otherwise, I believe Richard Williams has something to do with Coach34's hate of Stansbury.

1bigdawg
12-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Without Brady and Stansbury, Williams was a bust.

Coastdoglover, I agree with most of what you say, but Williams hired Brady and Stansbury and does deserve credit for getting them to State. He is at least as responsible for those teams as Strickland is for Ray and the current one.

engie
12-21-2014, 01:09 PM

You do realize this was a 10 month old thread that was bumped today as a "I told you so" by what virtually amounts to a Stansbury supporter.

So the "no need to bring him up" knife cuts both ways. I agree with you -- it's past time to move on.

engie
12-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Do you stand by your prediction of how good Ready and Daniels were going to be?

That was the word out of everyone surrounding our team. Heard about Daniels nonstop from a bunch of nonconnected sources. No one expected him to cower and crumble when the lights came on...

engie
12-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Coastdoglover, I agree with most of what you say, but Williams hired Brady and Stansbury and does deserve credit for getting them to State. He is at least as responsible for those teams as Strickland is for Ray and the current one.

Exactly.

If Stansbury had hired in a way to compensate for a shortcoming he(apparently) never admitted to himself that he had(at least not until it was too late), he would have been the coach for life here. The problem was the failure to ever address an issue that was obvious for a long time and became overbearing eventually...

Original48
12-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Williams hated Rick Stansbury because of the success Stans had.
Stansbury was the whistleblower, stabbing Williams in the back to get the job. That's where the ire stems from. I'm not saying the information should not have come to light, just kind of a garbage move for it to come from Stansbury in my opinion.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 01:37 PM
You do realize this was a 10 month old thread that was bumped today as a "I told you so" by what virtually amounts to a Stansbury supporter.

So the "no need to bring him up" knife cuts both ways. I agree with you -- it's past time to move on.

so, I'm a Stans supporter even though I said he should've been fired before he got canned?

shannondawg
12-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Then I guess you know that Richard was shacked up most of the time during that final four..

I know first hand that Rick was campaigning for the job with the cigar boys during the Final Four run. He told them that he was the only reason for the success at the time. I heard second hand information that he was behind the demise of Richard and with my background information, I believe it.

That said, he was a good coach for a lot of years. He just let things blow up on him.

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 02:19 PM

We see what he is saying, it is just a weakass argument . Stevie Wonder can see to compare JC with RR is really stretching it. It really doesn't matter, Engie just loves to Argue. He thinks people are just sitting around waiting on His wisdom. He is rude and the Worlds worst at cussing People hind his keyboard . You can disagree with Me , when You cuss Me that really pisses me off so don't be that GUY.

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 02:47 PM
That was the word out of everyone surrounding our team. Heard about Daniels nonstop from a bunch of nonconnected sources. No one expected him to cower and crumble when the lights came on...

You have a point . What I couldn't understand was how people thought a guy that only scored around 10 pts a game in JUCO was going to State and light it up. Who goes from JUCO to the SEC and scores more pts?

tcdog70
12-21-2014, 03:00 PM

I do understand .I just wondered because,with all the praise you gave Him and all the people you called stupid, I would have thought you had seen Him play.

HoopsDawg
12-21-2014, 03:03 PM
I do understand .I just wondered because,with all the praise you gave Him and all the people you called stupid, I would have thought you had seen Him play.

Daniels averaged about 10 points a game in Junior College. Anyone who though he would have much of an impact would be the idiot.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 03:08 PM

remember when we were going back and forth before the season and I said "he's a garbage man and that's it"? To say "no one expected it" isn't accurate.

Percho
12-21-2014, 03:38 PM

I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Col. Jessep/Stans

coastdoglover
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Orignal48, you are clueless. Templeton had already offered the job to Duane Reboul when he was forced to fire Richard due to his off court escapades. Dr. Portera got wind of it and told Templeton if we hired someone it would be Rick Stansbury. Templeton then made Wesley Reed go tell Reboul we were going in another direction. Blaming Stansbury for Williams getting fired is like blaming someone in the White House for slick Willie getting caught with Monica Lewinsky. This is a moot point anyway and all you have to do is compare Richard Williams SEC record including the SEC tournament games to Stansbury. It isn't even close. All this jabber about if Stansbury was so good why isn't he a head coach somewhere won't hold water because if Williams was so great a coach why wasn't someone knocking on his door. His bar buddy Brady hired him as an assistant a couple of years and that is it. Pot meet kettle. Now, I suggest you try and figure out how to get out of this mess we are in now because it is going to get worse as the year goes on.

Stansbury was the whistleblower, stabbing Williams in the back to get the job. That's where the ire stems from. I'm not saying the information should not have come to light, just kind of a garbage move for it to come from Stansbury in my opinion.

t45fixer
12-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Richard Williams didn't do anything worse than some other top coaches in the country. Petino comes to my mind recently. But, it's nothing to sit on here and bitch about. When your handcuffed in recruiting as far as talent goes, you have to recruit the best you can get to come here. Yes the best to come here that's where we are as a program. And Rick Ray has failed in that.

Original48
12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Orignal48, you are clueless. Templeton had already offered the job to Duane Reboul when he was forced to fire Richard due to his off court escapades. Dr. Portera got wind of it and told Templeton if we hired someone it would be Rick Stansbury. Templeton then made Wesley Reed go tell Reboul we were going in another direction. Blaming Stansbury for Williams getting fired is like blaming someone in the White House for slick Willie getting caught with Monica Lewinsky. This is a moot point anyway and all you have to do is compare Richard Williams SEC record including the SEC tournament games to Stansbury. It isn't even close. All this jabber about if Stansbury was so good why isn't he a head coach somewhere won't hold water because if Williams was so great a coach why wasn't someone knocking on his door. His bar buddy Brady hired him as an assistant a couple of years and that is it. Pot meet kettle. Now, I suggest you try and figure out how to get out of this mess we are in now because it is going to get worse as the year goes on.
I didn't say Stansbury unzipped his fly for him, I said he twisted the knife. I'm not a Stansbury hater. I was happy with the job he did. I did feel he had lost control of the program however and it was time for a change. Ray has been awful but as much confidence as you seem to have in me, I don't think they will allow me to 'try and figure out how to get out of this mess' as you suggested.

Coach007
12-21-2014, 06:52 PM
this is dead on

No its not. Btw... love your drive to pressure the administration via social media.