PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Alert: Andy Kennedy interested in South Florida job

Political Hack
03-15-2014, 10:22 AM
you heard it here first...

this is coming from some inner circles of people who shouldn't be full of crap. wi be interesting to see if anything materializes.

MarketingBully01
03-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Then you will see a Michael White to Ole Miss and we all lose.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Michael white would be a homerun hire. New arena and michael white would make them good.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
While I worry about White- new coaches to the SEC arent getting it done. Thats a fact

MarketingBully01
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
While I worry about White- new coaches to the SEC arent getting it done. Thats a fact

Yeah, of course Michael White is winning at basketball power Louisiana Tech.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Yeah, of course Michael White is winning at basketball power Louisiana Tech.

Mark Fox won at Nevada
Anthony Grant built up VCU
Barbee was winning at UTEP
Kwanza walked into a golden situation left by Pearl
Anderson is underachieving at UPig
Jones is doing more of the same at LSU that he did at Texas St
Frank Martin has had 2 awful years at SC but they are getting better

bully99
03-15-2014, 11:06 AM
And what college did Rick Ray have success at before coming to State.

TrueMaroon
03-15-2014, 11:09 AM

Baaaaazinga!!!!

Coach34
03-15-2014, 11:30 AM

not sure what that means- but he went to 5 NCAA's in his last 6 seasons as an asst

nsvltndog
03-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Have to wonder if Kennedy is truly interested in South Florida or is being encouraged to be interested b/c Michael White is likely to get hired away from LA Tech this year by someone other than the Black Bears.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Have to wonder if Kennedy is truly interested in South Florida or is being encouraged to be interested b/c Michael White is likely to get hired away from LA Tech this year by someone other than the Black Bears.

Kennedy has them by the short hairs tho- he just signed that new deal and they would have to pay him bigtime to fire him. I think he just wants the hell out of there and looking for a decent op

HailState39110
03-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Mark Fox won at Nevada

Kwanzo bout to go dancing and playing well here at the end of the year

Political Hack
03-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't think they are in a position to fire him so it has to be his doing... or could just be his agent sniffing around and making phone calls???

Martianlander
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Would hate to see Kennedy go. NIT ceiling with occasional bubble NCAA. Ray has beaten him twice in two years with the worst teams material wise that State has had in many years.

mcdawg
03-15-2014, 06:10 PM
not sure what that means- but he went to 5 NCAA's in his last 6 seasons as an asst

How about - which other SEC team hired an asst coach?

Dawg61
03-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Mark Fox won at Nevada

Sooner or later one of these hires is going to be a homerun. I'd rather keep the bloop single at Ole Miss. Kennedy cracks me up too when he starts screaming at his players. He's an incredible douche with his tailored slim suits, ****ed up pimp shoes and his shaved penis head. Cabbie puncher should stay for entertainment purposes alone. He's bound to go get him another crackhead. He's addicted to crack now.

GrassOfDWS
03-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Isn't the real question here why would South Florida want to hire Kennedy?

Coach34
03-15-2014, 06:38 PM
How about - which other SEC team hired an asst coach?

The last 2 that did were State and then Ole Miss hired a guy that was an Asst and got the interim gig right before the season- had 1 season as the decision-maker but not a full year as a HC

Turned out better than the rest of these mid-major HC's

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Isn't the real question here why would South Florida want to hire Kennedy?

I think it is more a certain coach is interested in a certain job vs a certain school interested in a certain coach

dawg1
03-15-2014, 09:25 PM

And what school did Mullen have success at before coming to State. Not saying I believe Ray will be successful, but all head coach were assistants at some point and someone gave them a chance. Judging the quality of assistant basketball coaches can be very difficult.

scottycameron
03-15-2014, 09:55 PM
The last 2 that did were State and then Ole Miss hired a guy that was an Asst and got the interim gig right before the season- had 1 season as the decision-maker but not a full year as a HC

Turned out better than the rest of these mid-major HC's

Alright, coach. This is where we have to disagree. AK was the Cincy HC, not only that bur he was the Big East Coach of the Year. We are there ONLY program to hire some assistant. It made no sense. We are the SEC, we bring in more money than any conference in America. NO SEC school will ever hire an asst coach. An SEC school can hire anybody they want to.
We blew it, it was a dumb hire, more than that it was an embarrassing hire. If it works out then that's great. It won't be the first time a stupid move works out. Being in the SEC we have more money than 95+% of all programs. It was a screw up.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
If I were Kennedy I would get out. He has done about as well as you can do in Oxford in my opinion. Consistent 20 win seasons with no fan support, tradition, and a horrible arena. The fans are getting tired of him and he has a shorter leash than most with the cab incident, keeping Marshall, and always seen late at night at the bars.

Political Hack
03-16-2014, 10:18 AM
If I were Kennedy I would get out. He has done about as well as you can do in Oxford in my opinion. Consistent 20 win seasons with no fan support, tradition, and a horrible arena. The fans are getting tired of him and he has a shorter leash than most with the cab incident, keeping Marshall, and always seen late at night at the bars.

I thought about the late night issues too. A bigger city may be what he's looking for. He could "hide" in Cinncy. You can't in Oxford.

HailState39110
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Stan Heath & Tony Barbee have been Sting RAYED

chef dixon
03-16-2014, 10:37 AM
USF probably has a much wilder party scene for someone like AK

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Bump

http://insideolemisssports.com/2014/03/17/kennedys-name-attached-usf-job/

Coach34
03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Elitedawgs come thru yet aGAIN

Dawgface
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
The bears are ready for him to go. He knows it, therefore the interest. Hope he stays though.

Political Hack
03-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Is this building????

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2014/03/ole_miss_andy_kennedy_calls_re.html

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-basketball-coaching-search-in-discovery-phase-20140316/

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2014/03/17/report-links-andy-kennedy-to-south-florida-opening/?nclick_check=1

http://mrsec.com/2014/03/ole-miss-kennedy-plays-rumors-interest-south-florida/

C222
03-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Is this building????

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2014/03/ole_miss_andy_kennedy_calls_re.html

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-basketball-coaching-search-in-discovery-phase-20140316/

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2014/03/17/report-links-andy-kennedy-to-south-florida-opening/?nclick_check=1

http://mrsec.com/2014/03/ole-miss-kennedy-plays-rumors-interest-south-florida/

Buzz Williams? Could be wrong, but that seems a little far fetched.

I really hope AK stays in Oxford.

Political Hack
03-18-2014, 09:09 AM
I can't see him being that high on SF's wish list. Just depends on who else they can get. He's had off the court issues, which never bodes well for a coaches' future prospects. I think he probably realizes this is his last contract at OM though. Time to get out of town if possible... I think it would benefit OM in the long run. Two years after he leaves, they'll be a much improved program IMO.

codeDawg
03-18-2014, 09:24 AM

USF is simply a better job. It's in a better town/city. The school has tons of resources. They are having success in the program now. They are in a great basketball conference. There is plenty of in-state talent to go around. I don't know why he wouldn't want that job.

whosyourdawgy
03-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Doe the arena leak when it rains at UCF? How are their facilities? Could UCF be more appealing just because they give a shit about basketball and spend money on the program? I know that the Bears are getting a new arena in the next century but how many more years before its actually done?