PDA

View Full Version : Honest to God question: Have the Rebels ever been beaten straight up by a team?

Jacksondevildog
03-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Every game they lose, their fans bitch about how officials cost them the game. Their beat writers were going crazy on twitter tonight about the calls.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2014, 11:33 PM
#complainoutoflove

TheRef
03-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Well crap, they got that "blocking" call that should have been a no-call, in my opinion. That might have been the worse call in history of SEC officiating.

Jacksondevildog
03-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that call was bad. Calls were bad both ways tonight.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Well crap, they got that "blocking" call that should have been a no-call, in my opinion. That might have been the worse call in history of SEC officiating.

John Wall goal-tend no-call in OT, circa 2010.

Not to mention all the other horrible calls we were deep ****ed with that game. The refs earned the nickname "reftucky" that night, I tell you.

BeastMan
03-15-2014, 06:18 AM

Not to mention all the other horrible calls we were deep ****ed with that game. The refs earned the nickname "reftucky" that night, I tell you.

That was the screw job of a lifetime

RossDawg82
03-15-2014, 08:36 AM

It was Cousins not Wall

DawgInMemphis
03-15-2014, 09:34 AM

That remains the worst officiated game I've ever seen in person. I'll never forget the foul called on Stewart for standing three feet away from Wall while Wall took a jumper towards the end of regulation. Stewart couldn't have touched Wall if he tried. I generally think referees do a good job and try to look at things objectively, but that game was absolutely terrible. I hated it for our guys out there. They deserved that win. Looking back that game was kind of the beginning of the end of Stansbury's tenure.

thf24
03-15-2014, 09:51 AM
It was Cousins not Wall

Correct. Wall got the no-call on the blatant lane violation.

Political Hack
03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Houston at home in 2009. Worst officiated sporting event ever.

esplanade91
03-15-2014, 12:01 PM
I waited out in the cold for 7 hours to get a shitty seat in the 2nd deck to watch that MSU-UK game. The experience remains the single greatest of my college career, the end result is still the worst thing I've ever witnessed. In person or otherwise.

hailmari
03-15-2014, 01:16 PM
I waited out in the cold for 7 hours to get a shitty seat in the 2nd deck to watch that MSU-UK game. The experience remains the single greatest of my college career, the end result is still the worst thing I've ever witnessed. In person or otherwise.

Same here. Except I was in the forth row. It was #crunk

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2014, 01:18 PM
You must have not watched BYU in Starkville in 2001. It was unreal how bad we got screwed in that game.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 01:20 PM

my ass

Us getting empty possession after empty possession cost us that game. Missed FT's and not executing our offense is why we lost- not the officials

Coach34
03-15-2014, 01:36 PM
That remains the worst officiated game I've ever seen in person. I'll never forget the foul called on Stewart for standing three feet away from Wall while Wall took a jumper towards the end of regulation. Stewart couldn't have touched Wall if he tried. I generally think referees do a good job and try to look at things objectively, but that game was absolutely terrible. I hated it for our guys out there. They deserved that win. Looking back that game was kind of the beginning of the end of Stansbury's tenure.

2:29 Ravern Johnson made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Dee Bost. 62-57 State
2:11- DeMarcus Cousins Turnover.
1:40- Barry Stewart missed Two Point Jumper
1:28- Darnell Dodson missed Three Point Jumper, Patrick Patterson Offensive Rebound- Patrick Patterson made Two Point Layup- 62-59 State
1:04- Jarvis Varnado missed Free Throw, 2nd Jarvis Varnado missed Free Throw.
0:50- DeMarcus Cousins missed Two Point Jumper.
0:41- Barry Stewart Turnover.
0:36- John Wall made Two Point Layup.
0:28- Dee Bost missed Free Throw.

So- before we got to the end and all that crap of them getting the rebound and sticking it in to force OT:

We missed a shot
Gave up an offensive rebound and stick back
Miss both FT's
turn the ball over
Miss a 1 and 1

4 straight possessions we do nothing with- with 3 straight missed FT's

It's our fault we lost that game- not the Refs

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2014, 01:38 PM

You're all forgetting BYU 2001. That was the EVAR.

Coach34
03-15-2014, 01:45 PM

That was without a doubt the worst job I have ever seen. By far. It was literally unexplainable it was so bad. It made an actual case for cheating

HereComesTheSpiral
03-15-2014, 02:23 PM
That was without a doubt the worst job I have ever seen. By far. It was literally unexplainable it was so bad. It made an actual case for cheating

Yep, play that I remember the most was our receiver getting a personal foul for trying to throw the ball to the official from the ground while getting prison raped by two BYU DB's.

M.Fillmore
03-15-2014, 04:32 PM
It was Cousins not Wall

It was so bad I thought Dick Pace had taken up calling hoops.

JDog13
03-15-2014, 05:16 PM

The refs ran off the field and right into a waiting van. All these white haired alumni started beating on the van. It was so great.

LeakyD
03-15-2014, 05:32 PM
BYU was undefeated. Officials were trying to preserve a BCS bowl. I think they got throttled the next week in MWC championship game.

archdog
03-15-2014, 09:16 PM

You guys kidding me? 2013 Eggbowl? 2 clear turnovers. The hit by wallace on whitley, the coach hitting our player on the sideline, kardashian wearing the same number as the other shitty tailback and instead of the ref calling it, they gave him a warning. Since when do you warn a team when they should get a penalty? F those refs. We still won because whitley refused to lose. We owe that man our bowl game. Saved our ass two games in a row.