PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a scouting report on UGA for the game tonight?

HancockCountyDog
03-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I have no desire to talk about basketball for about 9 months, so Id rather focus on an important weekend series.

With Vandy and LSU coming up in the next 3 weeks, its important to get a series win this weekend.

I see they are on a little roll coming into the game, but its not like they have really beaten anyone yet. Any of the baseball folks know what we should expect?

Jacksondevildog
03-14-2014, 11:49 AM
I fully expect us to lose 2 of 3. We are the better team, but we are on the road, not playing very consistently, and they have won 10 or so in a row.

Saltydog
03-14-2014, 12:00 PM
nt

War Machine Dawg
03-14-2014, 12:05 PM
UGA sucks. Don't listen to the idiots here. We should win 2 of 3 and have a good chance to sweep. I wouldn't expect a repeat shelling of our pitching staff. We may not have much power, but we manufacture runs pretty well. The key, as it's been all season, is the defense. If we play well in the field, we win.

HancockCountyDog
03-14-2014, 12:08 PM
I fully expect us to lose 2 of 3. We are the better team, but we are on the road, not playing very consistently, and they have won 10 or so in a row.

I have to admit - the line "We are the better team" and used while saying we are going to lose a series - is bothering me. **** that noise, we are the better team once we beat their ass.

If we are the better team - we will take the series this weekend. I get that in baseball that the more talented team doesn't always win, but its time to start playing up to our potential. I think with Bracewell going - we have a great shot to take the game tonight. With Fitts going tomorrow, its hard for me to predict a loss there either.

HancockCountyDog
03-14-2014, 12:10 PM
UGA sucks. Don't listen to the idiots here. We should win 2 of 3 and have a good chance to sweep. I wouldn't expect a repeat shelling of our pitching staff. We may not have much power, but we manufacture runs pretty well. The key, as it's been all season, is the defense. If we play well in the field, we win.

Hail ****ing State!!!!

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2014, 12:16 PM
With losses to GA Southern (twice), Kennesaw St., Georgia State, & FSU, and a pretty pedestrian schedule so far, we should not be considering this weekend a lost cause.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 01:19 PM
they swept Western Carolina, including a 26-7 shelling Wednesday.

they've given up 5 or more runs in four out of their last six against a pretty easy schedule. We should be able to score, but they've scored 6 or more runs in 7 of their last 9 games too. I expect some runs to be scored in this series. If our starters can limit their bats early, we should have a really good chance to win 2 out of 3.

engie
03-14-2014, 01:40 PM
We need at least 2 of 3 in this one... Would be first SEC opening series win since 2009...

We're 40-44 all-time vs UGA -- one of only 4 SEC teams that we don't own the series record with. And we're close with UGA and South Carolina -- but have a lot of work to do against Florida and Alabama...

The Croom Diaries
03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I put together this preview: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/03/13/msu-vs-georgia-series-preview/

Looking at the stats comparison, we appear similar offensively and considerably better pitching-wise. According to that UGA blogger, they like to play small ball with their new coach.