PDA

View Full Version : Well I did not expect that last night .

dawgclub99
03-14-2014, 07:29 AM
I felt we should have finished when we went up on them. Ray has got to learn how to motivate the players better so they can finish. If he does not make it to the NIT next year, Ray is gone. Its not his fault but it is what it is.

Dawg61
03-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Players tightened up last night but not nearly as much as Ray did. Choke city.

deltadawg99
03-14-2014, 07:37 AM
I'll be honest, the game played out just like I thought it would. We usually play a good 1st half, but as usual wear down as the game goes on.

I think everybody tightened up and OM took advantage of it.

spiritual_machine2005
03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Or it could be that we played our second game in as many nights with 7 scholly players and they got tired. I am glad this season is over, but I am proud or how they played these last two games.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 07:40 AM
9:30 minutes without a FG. you have the enervate offense somewhere in that stretch, somehow. get a player to the rack, which should've been easy against a 1-3-1 defense that was playing out to half court.

Kennedy was smart though. When we went cold he dropped into a 2-3 and forced us to play outside the three point line. We've got 1 guy that's good enough to penetrate against a zone and even he couldn't make it happen. I think Fred'd ankle hurt him defensively too. He was doing a pretty good job of getting into Henderson early and making him take difficult shots but as the game went on Henderson was able to square up.

Question:
I believe the announcer last night said how good Henderson is going left to right to shoot. It's a problem for most shooters, but he excels and is actually better going that direction. Then Ray says that we've got to get him going left to right to shoot in an interview... that's what works for most players, but not Henderson. Did anyone else catch this? I want to make sure I heard it correctly. If so, it's a failure to properly scout the team we're playing against. If we're not charting their best scorers tendencies and shots before hand and understanding what makes them tick, we've got some major, major issues.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 07:41 AM
and I missed Vikings for this crap...

EMDawg
03-14-2014, 07:46 AM
How many scholarship players do we actually have??? This shit changes everything someone uses it as an excuse. The fact is, if you expected to win, you may have missed the rest of our season.

Dawg61
03-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Ray said we have to get after his right shoulder and not let him go right. He said the right thing. Marshall is just impossible to guard for an entire game. He runs around screens and only needs a slither of space to jack up his horrible shots. He makes them when he starts making them though. He's streaky but I don't think Marshall is why we lost. The 9+ minute scoring drought is why we lost. That's on Ray. He has these scoring droughts happen almost every single game. Can't happen. Figure out a way to make a basket.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
that gives me some comfort. agree the 9 minute scoring drouth and being unable to get possessions back at the other end of the court are why we lost.

fishwater99
03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
We should have been getting layups put of that press.
Have Borchert or Ware go to center court and receive the pass from the press and then distribute the ball.

War Machine Dawg
03-14-2014, 09:40 AM
2 simple reasons for what happened:

1. We have no consistent outside shooter. FTF is inconsistent, although he'd been better since his benching. Borchert is streaky as hell and either ridiculously hot or ridiculously cold. There's no in-between with him. When teams contract and cut off our ability to get to the rim, we're completely shut down offensively. The single biggest need for next season is a consistent outside shooter to stretch the D.

2. Depth. To be specific, the lack thereof. We were playing our second game in as many days. We were playing hard, but we just hit a wall about the 12 minute mark. Shots that had been falling started being bricks. When you've only got about 7 total players, extended tournaments aren't your friend. The second biggest need next year is a full roster so we can have 8-9 legit players to sub in so we can effectively rest everyone.

smootness
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Players tightened up last night but not nearly as much as Ray did. Choke city.

That doesn't even make sense. Ray tightened up? Based on what?