PDA

View Full Version : One of the biggest positives of tonight ...

Brad Stevens
03-13-2014, 11:09 PM
.. is the fact Kennedy will still be around next year. The longer Michael White stays away from Ole Miss as a coaching candidate, the better for us.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
agreed 100%

Bartmaroon
03-13-2014, 11:26 PM
.. is the fact Kennedy will still be around next year. The longer Michael White stays away from Ole Miss as a coaching candidate, the better for us.

This is the kind of shit we used to make fun of UM for saying

HoopsDawg
03-13-2014, 11:32 PM
This is the kind of shit we used to make fun of UM for saying

seriously, incredibly lame.

PhoenixDawg
03-13-2014, 11:39 PM
seriously, incredibly lame.

Did we all not laugh every time a rebel said the good thing about losing the EB was that Mullen would keep his job? Not so lame.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Did we all not laugh every time a rebel said the good thing about losing the EB was that Mullen would keep his job? Not so lame.

Hey moron, I was agreeing with him. Welcome to the board.

PhoenixDawg
03-13-2014, 11:42 PM

My most sincere apologies.

chef dixon
03-13-2014, 11:42 PM

That's probably the same guy.

Coach34
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
That's probably the same guy.

Bartmaroon = TheDogFather = PhoenixDawg

JohnnyQuid
03-14-2014, 03:36 AM

We play shitty as possible in 2nd half to keep a coach away, and it's a positive. Seems legit.

Brad Stevens
03-14-2014, 05:13 AM
I realize it isn't a popular opinion, and I would rather beat Ole Miss every single time. All I'm saying is I like our chances against them in the near future as a Henderson-less team with a mediocre coach whose flaws have been largely covered by some insane shooting. I have known White since about 1998, and most ole miss fans in the know will admit he seems to be a much higher basketball IQ guy than Kennedy. If he gets the Auburn job, y'all will see.

msstate7
03-14-2014, 07:17 AM
I think the biggest positive is that this season is over. I'm looking forward to next season, but this season was horrible

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 07:28 AM
I think the biggest positive is that this season is over. I'm looking forward to next season, but this season was horrible

yep.

thunderclap
03-14-2014, 07:30 AM
When we cease to suck ass, that will be a positive.

smootness
03-14-2014, 08:59 AM
I'd rather them not hire him so we don't have to find out, but I wouldn't be overly concerned with White going to Ole Miss until he proved it at this level anyway.

Barbee had an incredible run at UTEP and built that program quickly and we all see what happened. There have been a lot of examples of guys who come to the SEC as the 'hot' mid-major name only to fall on their face for whatever reason...Stan Heath, Anthony Grant, etc. I'm not saying White isn't a great coach or that he would definitely fail; just saying that I can't just look at a lot of wins at La. Tech and assume he will light it up in the SEC.

ckDOG
03-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I watched about 10 minutes of the game - which approximately doubled the time I spent watching the entire season.

Anyhow, the PG looked swift and could handle the ball well. The C had Mario Austin approach to the position - good thing for college bball. If we find a shooter and a full roster, we will have a reliable offense. Maybe I saw them during their only good stretches, but they looked surprisingly talented.

Defense..no opinion. That's all on the coach to get them some smarts and fire them up.

All you folks that are freaking out over Ray are forgetting how quick you can improve a bball team. You need 2 high performers and 4-6 guys that know their role. He's not going to be here for a decade if we don't see significant improvement soon. Don't worry about it - a coupe of bad years doesn't hurt you in SEC basketball. All but a few programs suck. If he does his job, we will contend in the conference. If he doesn't, he will be fired and we move on.

RossDawg82
03-14-2014, 09:16 AM
There are no more excuses for Ray next year. He will have a full roster, a decent recruiting class, and a team that has spent the last 2 to 3 years together. If we don't make the tourney next year its time for a change.

smootness
03-14-2014, 09:45 AM
There are no more excuses for Ray next year. He will have a full roster, a decent recruiting class, and a team that has spent the last 2 to 3 years together. If we don't make the tourney next year its time for a change.

It can't be a 'Tournament or bust' year. I agree with you that the excuses stop, but that doesn't mean that next year will be Ray's ceiling. It will just be the first year that he can truly be judged on results. We need to see definite improvement in W-L and enough to believe that given more time, he can continue to build the program up.

Bullmutt
03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I believe that in the first half last night we got a glimpse of what our team can be next year with just a couple of needed pieces and a deeper bench. They played with confidence and enthusiasm and, while they did, they looked like a team that could compete well in the SEC. I think we will see a significant improvement next year.

All that said, I saw three reasons why we lost: 1) Henderson's three point game made an appearance in the second half; FTF's did not, 2) our offense was unable to find an answer for the 1-3-1 zone that OM went to, 3) the points-from-the-bench difference between the teams was very telling. In essence, OM has one and we don't.

How right or wrong am I?

Brad Stevens
03-14-2014, 12:00 PM
I believe that in the first half last night we got a glimpse of what our team can be next year with just a couple of needed pieces and a deeper bench. They played with confidence and enthusiasm and, while they did, they looked like a team that could compete well in the SEC. I think we will see a significant improvement next year.

All that said, I saw three reasons why we lost: 1) Henderson's three point game made an appearance in the second half; FTF's did not, 2) our offense was unable to find an answer for the 1-3-1 zone that OM went to, 3) the points-from-the-bench difference between the teams was very telling. In essence, OM has one and we don't.

How right or wrong am I?

I agree with you. I would add to your assessment that Borchert decided to take stupid shots, make stupid passes, and he was of no use defensively. I would also add that there was a stretch where the refs seemed to favor Ole Miss to give them a chance to get back in the game. I see us being much improved next year, barring transfers and the mass-injury bug of last year.

Raytoraid83
03-14-2014, 12:46 PM

The big dance may be a little too high of expectations but Ray needs to at least get this team next year to the NIT. The roster next year is completely his. The three core players of Gavin, Fred, and Chicken will all be upper class men and have played upper class men minutes for two years now. Ndoye and Daniels will add something to the team that Ray didn't have last year. No more excuse and no more blaming Stansbury next year. It's all on Ray.

RougeDawg
03-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree with you. I would add to your assessment that Borchert decided to take stupid shots, make stupid passes, and he was of no use defensively. I would also add that there was a stretch where the refs seemed to favor Ole Miss to give them a chance to get back in the game. I see us being much improved next year, barring transfers and the mass-injury bug of last year.

I noticed this as well. The refs went full Bear during the mid way point of the 2nd half.

Brad Stevens
03-14-2014, 03:31 PM
I noticed this as well. The refs went full Bear during the mid way point of the 2nd half.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. I usually hate using that as an excuse, and it isn't the primary reason we lost, but it most definitely occurred and affected us.