PDA

View Full Version : Borchert made me a little upset this evening

Thick
03-13-2014, 10:20 PM
will take terrible shots and is the worse passer on the team.

coastdoglover
03-13-2014, 10:29 PM

We had no idea how to attack the zone trap. Henderson has shot under 40% again and yet we blew it. Two bad teams

Coach34
03-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Borchert graduating makes us better

Jacksondevildog
03-13-2014, 10:36 PM

Agreed. Borchert got too many minutes tonight, even with our limited depth. He has gotten worse as the year has progressed.

maroonmania
03-13-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm just glad the season is over at this point. I actually wish we had lost last night so OM would not have had another shot at us. Hate saying it but that's the way I felt. Just ready to move on from basketball. Such a great way to end the season to let the Black Bears outscore us by 20 in our last half of basketball for the year.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Let's hope Daniels can ball, because Black, Ndoye, and Houston aren't bringing much offense to the table next year.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Houston will get about 8 ppg next yr...he is a player

Daniels is all-around better than Borchert

HoopsDawg
03-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Houston will get about 8 ppg next yr...he is a player

Daniels is all-around better than Borchert

Houston is one of the best dunkers we have ever signed, but he can't shoot.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 10:58 PM
I guess we will see huh?

Political Hack
03-13-2014, 11:00 PM
anyone got some film highlights of these guys that are going to rescue us from the depths of eternal basketball damnation?

Bothrops
03-13-2014, 11:00 PM
I guess a little bit of help could go a long way. This conference sucks in bball

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-13-2014, 11:02 PM
We will miss Borchert's outside shooting. Told everything else we won't miss.

engie
03-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Let's at least edit this title to something more appropriate...

We don't really need to be starting threads to bash our players even when it's justified criticism....IMO of course... This stuff is better left to the game threads that IMO should be deleted 24 hours after a game...

Thick
03-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Let's hope Daniels can ball, because Black, Ndoye, and Houston aren't bringing much offense to the table next year.

That's fine, we need big guys that cause problems for opponents. It will take the pressure off of Sword and FTF to do everything. It should also provide Roq to play the 3/4 position, and create more offense all around be forcing teams to defend the entire court. It's easy to sink back in a zone when there's 1 post player vs 3-4 defenders.

Next year will tell the tale for RR's future. I hope that he is really the guy to pick this program back up on this shitty conference!

Bothrops
03-13-2014, 11:10 PM

We don't really need to be starting threads to bash our players even when it's justified criticism....IMO of course... This stuff is better left to the game threads that IMO should be deleted 24 hours after a game...

I agree with this. Borchert is a cool dude too. It simply doesn't matter anymore.

LC Dawg
03-13-2014, 11:18 PM

I agree. The guy just played his last game for us. He's a fellow Bulldog so let's just say thanks and good luck and move on.

JohnnyQuid
03-14-2014, 03:33 AM
At least we get the A team on baseball now. #searchingforpositives

maroonmania
03-14-2014, 08:45 AM

He'll fit right in then.

codeDawg
03-14-2014, 08:52 AM

I'll take that over guys that can't shoot or dunk.

smootness
03-14-2014, 08:54 AM

We really won't miss his outside shooting. I'm pretty confident Daniels can stretch the defense at least as well as Borchert. He'll get hot and hit a few from time to time, but more often than not he takes a bad, deep shot early in the shot clock.

thf24
03-14-2014, 08:55 AM

No we won't. Daniels shoots just as well as Borchert. Plus, he adds all the other skills needed at that position that we didn't get from Borchert.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Borchert was solid. he was just streaky and could be a liability on defense against certain players. he made us better this season though. I have no doubt about that. we would've been worse without him... if it's believable that we could've been worse.

trob115
03-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Borchert played hard. That being said, he couldn't guard my 80 year old grandmother. It was painful to watch him try to play defense.

D Houston can ball. He shot the ball a lot better in high school this year. He's 10x the player Borchert is. Y'all will be surprised with him. The only thing that disappoints me from this current signing class is we don't have a proven guy that can knock down 3pt shots.

smootness
03-14-2014, 09:14 AM
The only thing that disappoints me from this current signing class is we don't have a proven guy that can knock down 3pt shots.

Maurice Dunlap can absolutely shoot the 3; the only question with him is size.

DanDority
03-14-2014, 09:18 AM

I couldn't agree more! He is a liability on D and can't rebound, plus takes bad shots at at the wrong time. I will not miss seeing him on the court.

Original48
03-14-2014, 10:16 AM
We will miss Borchert's outside shooting.
We will NOT miss his outside missing tho. Crossing half court last night and jacking 30 footers?? Horrible. And horrible decision making all the way around on his part. His passes inside were pathetic.

msugolf
03-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Maurice Dunlap can absolutely shoot the 3; the only question with him is size.

And his inability to create his own shot, and his lack of ball handling skills (particularly with his left hand), and average defensive skills compared to MHSAA standards. Throw in his size (he's really closer to 5'11") and he'll be a liability if he's on the court with Ready. He's a spot up shooter that will have to be wide open at the next level.

smootness
03-14-2014, 10:32 AM
And his inability to create his own shot, and his lack of ball handling skills (particularly with his left hand), and average defensive skills compared to MHSAA standards. Throw in his size (he's really closer to 5'11") and he'll be a liability if he's on the court with Ready. He's a spot up shooter that will have to be wide open at the next level.

All of that may be true, I was just responding to trob claiming no one in this class can knock down 3-point shots. We know Dunlap can do that.

HoopsDawg
03-14-2014, 10:40 AM
All of that may be true, I was just responding to trob claiming no one in this class can knock down 3-point shots. We know Dunlap can do that.

It doesn't matter if he can knock down shots if we can't play him at the 2. Ready and Dunlap can both shoot, but can either get a shot up in a half court offense. We are going to struggle again next year unless Ray can find a transfer.

mk1984
03-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Borchert was great against our weak non conference but not so great in the conference. I think we will be fine without him.

trob115
03-14-2014, 10:54 AM
You are gonna be sadly mistaken if you think Dunlap is going to come in and knock down shots. Ray should've dropped him from his commitment.

smootness
03-14-2014, 11:08 AM
You are gonna be sadly mistaken if you think Dunlap is going to come in and knock down shots. Ray should've dropped him from his commitment.

We'll see, but we do know he has the ability to make 3-point shots. That's all I was saying. I could also say we're not bringing in anyone who can defend and rebound in the post because while Black can defend and rebound in the post, he's not good enough offensively to put in the game (I don't believe that, just saying that we can nitpick everyone if we want to). Ray clearly knows we need shooting help, and he hasn't yet signed someone other than Dunlap who is a known shooter, so I would think he still believes Dunlap can help there.

And it looks like we're trying to get a shooter with our last scholarship, too.

Where'sWaldo
03-14-2014, 11:28 AM

I agree that we won't miss him but you are way off base with his passing. He was far and away the best passer on our team in regards to getting the ball in the paint. Without him Ware wouldn't have received an entry pass all season long.

Brad Stevens
03-14-2014, 12:05 PM

I'm truly curious how you know this? I have seen the kid play since he was a sophomore. He was the best player on the court then during the state championship game when no one had heard of him. He can jump much better than Ready. He was jumping up and dunking it years ago. And his jump shot is more like a Ravern Johnson elevate-and-shoot. If you have watched him play many times and seen something different, please let me know. I'm truly curious where all this comes from.

chef dixon
03-14-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm truly curious how you know this? I have seen the kid play since he was a sophomore. He was the best player on the court then during the state championship game when no one had heard of him. He can jump much better than Ready. He was jumping up and dunking it years ago. And his jump shot is more like a Ravern Johnson elevate-and-shoot. If you have watched him play many times and seen something different, please let me know. I'm truly curious where all this comes from.

Just pessimism. Dunlap has a chance to be a good player, you can tell if you've seen him play. He's not just some small guard that can only make uncontested shots. He's got a little Steph Curry style to his game, and like you said, he can elevate. What happened to the Troutman guy we were looking at? Apparently he can shoot lights out and he's 6'4" so people can't bitch as much about that one before he even hits the court.

msstate7
03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Just pessimism. Dunlap has a chance to be a good player, you can tell if you've seen him play. He's not just some small guard that can only make uncontested shots. He's got a little Steph Curry style to his game, and like you said, he can elevate. What happened to the Troutman guy we were looking at? Apparently he can shoot lights out and he's 6'4" so people can't bitch as much about that one before he even hits the court.

Not doubting you, but how come troutman has no real offers if he's a really good shooter?

engie
03-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Not doubting you, but how come troutman has no real offers if he's a really good shooter?

Why didn't Barry Stewart?

chef dixon
03-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Oh I don't know much about him, which is why I was asking. Never seen him play, just heard he could shoot, hit 11 threes in a game or something like that. I guess if that's his only skill he won't get many looks.

msstate7
03-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Why didn't Barry Stewart?

Guess so. Barry was so overlooked our play-by-play couldn't remember his name. If troutman (know you didn't say this) is as good as Barry, sign him now.

engie
03-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Troutman skipped his jr/sr AAU season in order to go on a mission trip. He's from rural Ga. Basically, no one has seen him. And there's a real scarcity of film to check out.

It seems obvious we are chasing someone else first -- but I think Troutman would be a pretty good add...

TwistedUp
03-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Troutman not only made 11 3's in a single game but he made 300+ for his career. He is 4th all time in Georgia high school history for 3's made in a single season (125).

smootness
03-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I keep hearing you can find guys at all kinds of small schools who can really shoot that we can go get - then when we start going after one, it's questioned because he doesn't have good offers?

Thick
03-14-2014, 05:36 PM
I agree that we won't miss him but you are way off base with his passing. He was far and away the best passer on our team in regards to getting the ball in the paint. Without him Ware wouldn't have received an entry pass all season long.

He was horrible last night, and you can look at his SEC stats to educate yourself. He makes poor decisions passing and shot selection is not terrible...he's not a solid perimeter shooter. His defense is NONEXISTENT!!!! Go to the Pack and sell that shit, because overall he's a liability!!! Great Sunbelt player though.