PDA

View Full Version : Clay Travis is a POS

bully99
03-13-2014, 11:38 AM
He ranked the basketball programs/jobs in the SEC and he puts ole miss at 10 and State at 13 with Auburn last. Even puts Tennessee at 2 ahead of Florida and Arkansas. How does a program with no basketball history rank ahead of State. Amazing how the media sucks up to that school.

messageboardsuperhero
03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
How is the school that has never won a regular season SEC title and currently plays in the Tad Pad a better job than State and Texas A&M? That makes no sense. I'd love to hear his rationalization for that one.

I'm not saying we're some basketball powerhouse, but State is definitely the better job.

smootness
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Almost inevitably, these 'job rankings' end up being a, 'which would be the better situation for a coach to step into right now?' and are thus stupid.

Obviously Florida being too low doesn't follow that, but I guess they feel like that's all been Donovan. And to some degree that's right, but he's still built it up to be a better job than Tennessee for sure. Tennessee has a big arena and that's it.

yjnkdawg
03-13-2014, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=messageboardsuperhero;147869]How is the school that has never won a regular season SEC title and currently plays in the Tad Pad a better job than State and Texas A&M? That makes no sense.

Well at least we know that Les Miles eats grass, because Clay Travis asked him that question and LM said he did. That one makes no sense either.

MarketingBully01
03-13-2014, 12:19 PM
He ranked the basketball programs/jobs in the SEC and he puts ole miss at 10 and State at 13 with Auburn last. Even puts Tennessee at 2 ahead of Florida and Arkansas. How does a program with no basketball history rank ahead of State. Amazing how the media sucks up to that school.

Because Stricklin made it that way with the hire he did 2 years ago. That dumpster fire of a coaching search he put on did more to damage our reputation then anything else. Perception is reality. The writers really took notice of how that shit was conducted by loafers and ranked us accordingly.

dickiedawg
03-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Florida has a bunch of veterans. I don't know how great it would be to step in for next year.

engie
03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Reality is reality.

SEC titles:
MSU - 10
OM - 0

SEC tournament titles:
MSU - 4
OM - 2

NCAA appearances:
MSU - 10
OM - 7

Sweet 16s:
MSU - 3
OM - 1

Elite 8s:
MSU - 1
OM - 0

Final 4s:
MSU - 1
OM - 0

We have the bigger and better arena as of now. Bigger and better fanbase, even if it isn't clear right now. Bigger and better practice facility.

codeDawg
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM

It is really hard to argue with. Are we traditionally a much better program? Yes. Has the dumpster fire spread to the building next door? Absolutely.

No talent. No pipelines to talent. Boosters have checked out. Fans have mostly checked out. The AD screwed up the last search, so there is little confidence he can do the right thing the 2nd time around. What is good about our current situation?

We CAN pull out of this, but it is going to take heroics.

bgdog
03-13-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm always blown away that people read clay travis. I just imagine some dumb miserable bastard wearing his keep calm and chive on shirt laughing his mantits off while reading that garbage

bully99
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM
10 SEC Titles? Where does this number come from. We've won 6 regular season titles.

BeardoMSU
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM
We have 6 SEC championships, but good post.

I'd also like to see a comparison of All-SEC players. I'd wage we'll own that as well.

engie
03-13-2014, 01:45 PM
We have 6 SEC championships, but good post.

I'd also like to see a comparison of All-SEC players. I'd wage we'll own that as well.

We had 4 additional titles in the Southern Conference, widely known as the precursor to the SEC -- which Ole Miss was also a part of. MSU has 10 overall conference titles.

M.Fillmore
03-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Engie, it could technically be argued that we have a second Elite 8. The Babe McCarthy team played in a 16 team tourney, lost the first game and they had a consolation game that we won. So we had the same record, 1-1, as the team that lost in the Regional final. Yes, it is somewhat of a stretch, but we are making a comparison with the school that trumpets their Dunkel and Likenhous "national titles".

maroonmania
03-13-2014, 02:55 PM

That's just plain stupid on his part. While OM overall does have a better football winning tradition than MSU its a no brainer that MSU has a better basketball and baseball tradition than OM. In fact, our 6 total overall SEC basketball championships rank 6th in SEC for the most ever. OM has a whopping ZERO.