PDA

View Full Version : I got to give it to Stands...

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:28 AM
he is recruiting Auburn as hard as he ever recruited any player...

@GoodmanESPN: Rick Stansbury will try and go after the Auburn job, sources told ESPN. Not sure yet whether he has a legit shot

Stands has hired a firm that is pushing him. They have already met with Jacobs. Now working the media getting his name out there. If he has earned anything- it's the nickname "The Recruiter". He is really good at it.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:29 AM
@GaryParrishCBS: A name I’m already hearing for Auburn is Louisiana Tech’s Michael White. Former SEC player and assistant. Has won consecutive league titles.

smootness
03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
It would be good for us if White gets that Auburn job. I think he's a good coach, but I think the Ole Miss job is actually more attractive than the Auburn one and that he could do a better job at OM. I'd rather him get the Auburn job.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:33 AM
@GoodmanESPN: Namea I have been told are at or near top of Auburn list: Bruce Pearl, La Tech's Mike White, Duke asst Jeff Capel, S Miss Donnie Tyndall.

coastdoglover
03-13-2014, 11:37 AM
he is recruiting Auburn as hard as he ever recruited any player...

@GoodmanESPN: Rick Stansbury will try and go after the Auburn job, sources told ESPN. Not sure yet whether he has a legit shot

Stands has hired a firm that is pushing him. They have already met with Jacobs. Now working the media getting his name out there. If he has earned anything- it's the nickname "The Recruiter". He is really good at it.

OBSESSION. Look up the definition

drunkernhelldawg
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd hate for him to get that particular job; he'll wipe out our recruiting. Plus, it'll be tough to play him. I would like to see him get back into coaching, but I don't want to recruit or play against him.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
OBSESSION. Look up the definition

I'm paying him a compliment.

Also, how is talking about sports on a sports board wrong? The obsession is with you guys that go nuts every time his name is mentioned. It's like you guys are a cult.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd hate for him to get that particular job; he'll wipe out our recruiting. Plus, it'll be tough to play him. I would like to see him get back into coaching, but I don't want to recruit or play against him.

We wont be recruiting against Stands at all. He'll be purchasing AAU guys like always- we wont.

He doesnt have much of a chance at the job- so I wouldnt worry

drunkernhelldawg
03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
We wont be recruiting against Stands at all. He'll be purchasing AAU guys like always- we wont.

He doesnt have much of a chance at the job- so I wouldnt worry

I get the sarcasm, but if he's at Auburn, all of his connections in Mississippi are still valid.

mk1984
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't think he will get the job unless Auburn get turned down by other people. Not a criticism of him just think are plenty better coaches looking for jobs.

MarketingBully01
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
The Auburn job sucks. If Jacobs can sell the job to a Howland, Pearl, or White he is a hell of a salesman. I don't want them getting any of the guys I named. Those are damn good coaches. Do you really want another great coach in the conference? Besides, odds are good Kennedy might still be there if the Ray experiment goes south and we could grab White as our next coach.

bully99
03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
You heard it here first. If Tyndall leaves Usm ,Stans to Hattiesburg.

C222
03-13-2014, 12:20 PM
We don't want Ole Miss getting Michael White.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
We don't want Ole Miss getting Michael White.

no we dont. Totally agree

TheDogFather
03-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Also, how is talking about sports on a sports board wrong? The obsession is with you guys that go nuts every time his name is mentioned. It's like you guys are a cult.

Your denying it only makes it look worse.

Sandman14
03-13-2014, 12:42 PM

hilarious and ironic. this from the man who made it his life's mission for 3 years to get Stans fired.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Your denying it only makes it look worse.

denying what? Talking about an open SEC basketball job and names mentioned around it?

Sandman14
03-13-2014, 12:44 PM
It'll be horrible if Auburn hires Stans because Auburn will then start getting great players and being a borderline tournament team every year. Also, Auburn won't lose to MSU again for the foreseeable future because Auburn will have better coaches and players than MSU.

Sandman14
03-13-2014, 12:46 PM
denying what? Talking about an open SEC basketball job and names mentioned around it?

denying that you were and are obsessed with winning your 3-year (pre fire) and now 5-year argument (which you already lost) that MSU would be better off without Stands.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 12:51 PM
denying that you were and are obsessed with winning your 3-year (pre fire) and now 5-year argument (which you already lost) that MSU would be better off without Stands.

What I find funny is the people, like yourself, that join the site I helped start, simply to come argue with me about the greatness of Stands...If you want to talk obsession- you and a couple others are the pure definition of it

Coach34
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
that MSU would be better off without Stands.

We are already better off- we dont have drug issues, we dont have players walking up the court, our guys listen during time-outs, we dont have players calling coaches out on twitter and making them look stupid....We have improved tremendously in those areas

Sandman14
03-13-2014, 01:00 PM
denial ain't just a river in egypt. if you start a sight, don't be scared and hide. own the wins and the losses alike. i must credit you that you have not yet banned me again. last time you immediately banned me after I had aggravated you and I posted that Ray had one of the worst SEC teams ever in his first season whereas Stans would have put another 20-game winner on the floor. Probably a tournament team with the recruits he had on board, others in play, and our best player convinced to stick around instead of going to Duke. You didn't want to hear that so you banned me. Well now here we are, another season has gone by, and it's gone from a 70% chance that you were wrong to a full bore forgone conclusion. There is literally a 1% chance, give or take, that Rick Ray will be successful at MSU. And by successful, I mean just getting us to a borderline tournament team once or twice (which Stands did every single year nearly).

I joined the site to read of baseball news and speak upon it once in awhile. I had no clue of you and your status as creator/dictator.

Sandman14
03-13-2014, 01:02 PM
We are already better off- we dont have drug issues, we dont have players walking up the court, our guys listen during time-outs, we dont have players calling coaches out on twitter and making them look stupid....We have improved tremendously in those areas

oh man. the definition of denial. we are better off. wow. interesting. better off, maybe, if you like getting your ass whipped every game by 20+ points instead of being on the bubble for the ncaa's or being a tournament team.

C222
03-13-2014, 01:12 PM
It'll be horrible if Auburn hires Stans because Auburn will then start getting great players and being a borderline tournament team every year. Also, Auburn won't lose to MSU again for the foreseeable future because Auburn will have better coaches and players than MSU.

Yeah, Stans never lost to teams with less talent.

smootness
03-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Stans would have put another 20-game winner on the floor. Probably a tournament team with the recruits he had on board, others in play, and our best player convinced to stick around instead of going to Duke.

Hahahahahahaha

quickstrike2
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM
@GoodmanESPN: Namea I have been told are at or near top of Auburn list: Bruce Pearl, La Tech's Mike White, Duke asst Jeff Capel, S Miss Donnie Tyndall.

I think Tyndall would be a good one. USM probably made a better hire than we did. That's a compliment to Tyndall and not a dish on Ray.

Goat Holder
03-13-2014, 02:09 PM
No up and coming coach will take the Auburn job. They don't want their career torpedoed like Barbee's. Either Pearl or Stans will be their next head coach. Will need to be someone with baggage.

Coach34
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
whereas Stans would have put another 20-game winner on the floor. Probably a tournament team with the recruits he had on board, others in play, and our best player convinced to stick around instead of going to Duke.

hoooooo-leeeeeee-shit...the cult has it's crazies

Recruits like Craig Sword who shot 19% from 3 as a freshman
Recruits like Josh Gray that shot 18% from 3 as a Freshman and had more turnovers than assists
Recruits like Gavin Ware that came in 30 pounds overweight
Recruits like FTF that shot 23% from 3 as a Freshman
Returning players like Steele that was hurt from the year before?
Returning players like Wendell Lewis?
Returning players like Shaun Smith?
Returning players like Zedakis that got kicked out of Grand Valley State?

The Stands Cult remains the most delusional group of people I've ever encountered

maroonmania
03-13-2014, 02:47 PM
I'd hate for him to get that particular job; he'll wipe out our recruiting.

Uh, what recruiting are we actually doing now that would be "wiped out"? At our current recruiting level I think we are safe to maintain that no matter what happens at any other school.

Goat Holder
03-13-2014, 02:49 PM
What I find funny is the people, like yourself, that join the site I helped start, simply to come argue with me about the greatness of Stands...If you want to talk obsession- you and a couple others are the pure definition of it

That's a good way to run off posters who bring traffic to your site. Just sayin'.

TheDogFather
03-13-2014, 05:25 PM

What he said

TheDogFather
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Ha. So you are saying that EliteDawgs is code for Stands Sux?

rtdawg
03-13-2014, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Sandman14;147949]denial ain't just a river in egypt.

That's pitiful....I stopped reading after this....

CadaverDawg
03-13-2014, 07:02 PM
I think Tyndall would be a good one. USM probably made a better hire than we did. That's a compliment to Tyndall and not a dish on Ray.

Great post. I agree