PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the SEC records...

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 06:14 PM
There is not one single team in the SEC West with less than 26 wins overall.

Meanwhile the East has 4 of their 7 below 26 wins.

FFF
05-05-2013, 06:23 PM
And we only got one of those teams below 26 wins... and that was Florida. What a tough road for us this year.

Another thing, Arkansas has zero room for error, RPI wise with Tennessee and Auburn left. Funny thing is they can go 5-1 to finish the year out and we can go 3-3 and we would still have the better chance of hosting. Their midweek and OOC strength of schedule (and a few VERY bad losses) is killing them right now.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 06:24 PM
And another thing...

That rainout USC was blessed with today, could be the very thing that keeps us out of a bye in the SEC tourney. They are now a half game up on us in the standings.

And one other thing....

The 3 teams we didn't play in the SEC, are exactly where we thought they would be. At the very bottom of the league. The committee better take that shit into consideration. ****ing LT

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 06:27 PM
And we only got one of those teams below 26 wins... and that was Florida. What a tough road for us this year.

Another thing, Arkansas has zero room for error, RPI wise with Tennessee and Auburn left. Funny thing is they can go 5-1 to finish the year out and we can go 3-3 and we would still have the better chance of hosting. Their midweek and OOC strength of schedule (and a few VERY bad losses) is killing them right now.

You say that about Arkansas, and I hope you're right, but you really don't know for sure that it is killing them. We don't know what the committee will do. I tend to agree with you though.

Bottom line...this SEC scheduling HAS to change.

By the way, you mention Florida being the only sub 26 win team we play....they have 25. You're right, we got screwed.

FFF
05-05-2013, 06:27 PM
The committee will take that into consideration. I honestly don't give a shit about the difference in 4th or 5th seed in the SECT as much as I do a series win over USCe. That will likely be the determining series for the third SEC host spot, and that's all I care about.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 06:32 PM
The committee will take that into consideration. I honestly don't give a shit about the difference in 4th or 5th seed in the SECT as much as I do a series win over USCe. That will likely be the determining series for the third SEC host spot, and that's all I care about.

I agree. And if it comes down to us or USC....it should go to the team from the West that DIDN'T have the advantage of playing all 4 shit teams in the East.

Coach34
05-05-2013, 06:36 PM
There has never been a host with an RPI nearly as low as UPig's will be. Not gonna happen now.

But should a miracle happen and they get one- it has nothing to do with us. If we handle our bidness- we host. We have to win the SC series- bottom line

FFF
05-05-2013, 06:42 PM
It should also go to a team that hasn't lost a midweek game and only lost 2 OOC games (to a really good UCA group) all year. Arkansas can't say that. They lost twice to a good Arizona State team, once to a mediocre Gonzaga team, and once to a REALLY REALLY BAD Pacific team (RPI is 269... out of 298) in a tournament. That's horrible. Along with scheduling a bunch of SWAC teams and losing twice to Nebraska, and that is MORE than enough to overcome, what would normally be, a really good conference record. Arky did it to themselves.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 06:59 PM

By the way, why did you change your name drt?

FFF
05-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Change of pace, my friend. Wanted something a little different.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Change of pace, my friend. Wanted something a little different.

Haha, glad you're on board brother.