PDA

View Full Version : No bad losses period

Quaoarsking
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
14-13 against top 50
4-0 against 51-100
15-0 against 101-200
3-0 against 200+

That's a really impressive resume. I feel really good about hosting.

North Carolina and Florida State are the only other 2 teams in the country undefeated outside the top 50.

Coach34
05-05-2013, 06:07 PM
We go 3-3 to finish and we will still host most likely. We are still in the hunt for national seed- but would have to 5-1 down the stretch and make a fairly deep run in the SEC Tourney

Ronny
05-05-2013, 09:17 PM
...Nolan's "Nitty Gritty Report" keeps picking on us because we have a 6-7 road record.

Of course, 3 of those 7 road loses came @ Vandy & we swept aTm on the road, but I guess that doesn't really count because they are aTm.

With our bitch of a schedule, I think a 6-7 road record is impressive, regardles of Nolan defining 6-7 as a "negative."

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/nitty

Todd4State
05-05-2013, 09:39 PM
It appears to me if we win the Ole Miss series to go 8-8, it would go back to neutral. It also appears as if they are counting the Memphis game as a neutral site.

Homedawg
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
We go 3-3 to finish and we will still host most likely. We are still in the hunt for national seed- but would have to 5-1 down the stretch and make a fairly deep run in the SEC Tourney
I still think it will take 4-2. There is a deep sec hatred. That doesn't help.

Todd4State
05-05-2013, 10:26 PM

True, but I still think the SEC will get at least four regional hosts. We're still in the running for a National Seed.

Quaoarsking
05-05-2013, 10:56 PM

There is no evidence that the Selection Committee is biased against the SEC. In fact, quite the opposite:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/GALLERY/35_05_05_13_10_53_44.png
Only once in the past 11 years has the SEC not had the most bids, or tied for the most, to the NCAA Tournament.

You can certainly say there's a "bias" toward letting Western or especially Northern teams getting to host with weaker resumes, but that is the NCAA's attempt to expand the sport, and also partially due to the idea that those teams don't have the financial opportunities to play tougher schedules, artificially weakening their RPIs. Whether or not that's true, it's not just the SEC that it affects.

There is absolutely no need for an SEC persecution complex in baseball.

Homedawg
05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
There is no evidence that the Selection Committee is biased against the SEC. In fact, quite the opposite:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/GALLERY/35_05_05_13_10_53_44.png
Only once in the past 11 years has the SEC not had the most bids, or tied for the most, to the NCAA Tournament.

You can certainly say there's a "bias" toward letting Western or especially Northern teams getting to host with weaker resumes, but that is the NCAA's attempt to expand the sport, and also partially due to the idea that those teams don't have the financial opportunities to play tougher schedules, artificially weakening their RPIs. Whether or not that's true, it's not just the SEC that it affects.

There is absolutely no need for an SEC persecution complex in baseball.

The fact that we got lots of teams in or more host doesnt disprove my point. We have had the best league, therefore we should get the most bids. Purdue got a host over Kentucky. That's a joke. Our league is despised, if you don't believe that there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

FFF
05-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Proof? You used one example last year of our league getting a bad wrap... Quaors just gave you numbers over the last 10 years of how our league is anything but despised. Only once in the last 10 years has the sec not gotten the most spots.

Quaoarsking
05-06-2013, 06:43 AM
The fact that we got lots of teams in or more host doesnt disprove my point. We have had the best league, therefore we should get the most bids. Purdue got a host over Kentucky. That's a joke. Our league is despised, if you don't believe that there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

While I don't deny that the SEC is despised by jealous individual fans all over the country, there is no evidence that the NCAA Baseball Selection Committee has a specific anti-SEC bias. None.

Also, the ACC usually has a better RPI than the SEC, for what it's worth, but rarely gets more teams in than the SEC once in the last 11 years.

Hump4Hoops
05-06-2013, 07:17 AM

Sure the SEC is despised. By fans of other leagues. In football.

Even if the general population outside the SEC did give enough of a shit about college baseball to hate the SEC, that doesn't mean it would translate to the NCAA selection committee. You've got the worst case of MSU persecution complex I've ever seen.

Homedawg
05-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Proof? You used one example last year of our league getting a bad wrap... Quaors just gave you numbers over the last 10 years of how our league is anything but despised. Only once in the last 10 years has the sec not gotten the most spots.

What he gave was how many bids we got. Those bids were deserved. Now he had shown that we had a team w an 80 rpi get in w an at large that's different. Just like in football, we have the best league in the country in baseball. Therefore we are deserving of the most bids. As far as the acc goes, they do have a great league, but it's very weak at the bottom or has been in past years. Much moreso than the sec.

FFF
05-06-2013, 09:19 AM
What he gave was how many bids we got. Those bids were deserved. Now he had shown that we had a team w an 80 rpi get in w an at large that's different. Just like in football, we have the best league in the country in baseball. Therefore we are deserving of the most bids. As far as the acc goes, they do have a great league, but it's very weak at the bottom or has been in past years. Much moreso than the sec.

Believe what you want... I'm not stopping you, but no one else sees or feels that the selection committee despises the SEC enough to constantly cheat us out of bids. The example you gave was one case in a decade where there was controversy. Your argument was "we will need a lot of help because of a deep sec hatred" and that's not the case, certainly based on numbers and evidence (outside of 2012 UK... One case). We will be a bigger enemy to ourselves that the selection committee will be.

Goat Holder
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
There is no evidence that the Selection Committee is biased against the SEC..........You can certainly say there's a "bias" toward letting Western or especially Northern teams getting to host with weaker resumes

Well which one is it? Either it is or it isn't.