Coach34
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM
c'mon Stands- you can do it....

bluelightstar
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM
I admittedly do not understand how Stansbury at Auburn is good for us

whosyourdawgy
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I really hope Stans doesn't get the job. It will not be good for us in any way, shape, form, or fashion

Raytoraid83
03-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I really hope Stans doesn't get the job. It will not be good for us in any way, shape, form, or fashion

Agreed. New arena, Stans getting to use "auburn style recruiting", the Carver connection we have now will be gone, and you know he's gonna go into Mississippi and try to grab some players too.

Coach34
03-12-2014, 10:20 PM

It's not going to be bad for us in any way, shape, or form either.

Quaoarsking
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Look for Auburn to hire Bruce Pearl, assuming Tennessee and Alabama keep their current coaches (which is likely).

War Machine Dawg
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Agreed. New arena, Stans getting to use "auburn style recruiting", the Carver connection we have now will be gone, and you know he's gonna go into Mississippi and try to grab some players too.

There won't be any "Auburn style recruiting" for Stands. The Auburn boosters don't give a **** about hoops and never will. They'd rather save the cash for the next Rented Mule in football.

Goat Holder
03-12-2014, 10:25 PM
You better be praying they don't do it. You will look even worse.

Coach34
Auburn has never won- you can bet an older Stands aint gonna start a new trend

Coach34
You better be praying they don't do it. You will look even worse.

shut up moron

Vandownbytheriver
03-12-2014, 10:26 PM
I'd love for him to get to the Sweet 16 and look dead in the camera and say, "Suck my nuts Coach34." Just for the pure comedy of it.

Coach34
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
lol

C222
03-12-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm surprised Auburn didn't get the best talent they have ever seen considering Barbee coached for Cal.

Coach34
03-12-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm surprised Auburn didn't get the best talent they have ever seen considering Barbee coached for Cal.

Auburn is an UnderArmor school- and World Wide Wes dont be helping schools that arent Nike affiliated

esplanade91
03-12-2014, 10:33 PM
They only got Barkley because they were recruiting a teammate of his in high school who refused to go to Auburn. What a fluke.

As sure as the sun will rise in the morning, Auburn will continue to be bad in basketball. Which is why Bruce Pearl will not go to Auburn. Nearly half of the conference could be looking for coaches next year, so if his goal is to get back into the SEC he could just wait for a better job. Like the talking heads just said, he can't even recruit until August.

C222
03-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Auburn is an UnderArmor school- and World Wide Wes dont be helping schools that arent Nike affiliated

I know, I know. Just joking around.

Coach34
03-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Auburn is about to lose 4 starters this year also. Their guards average 38/game between them...one is a Sr and the other is expected to leave as well...both their starting post players are Sr's...

C222
03-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Auburn is about to lose 4 starters this year also. Their guards average 38/game between them...one is a Sr and the other is expected to leave as well...both their starting post players are Sr's...

Goat say they will beat us twice with Stans.

Quaoarsking
03-12-2014, 10:47 PM
They only got Barkley because they were recruiting a teammate of his in high school who refused to go to Auburn. What a fluke.

As sure as the sun will rise in the morning, Auburn will continue to be bad in basketball. Which is why Bruce Pearl will not go to Auburn. Nearly half of the conference could be looking for coaches next year, so if his goal is to get back into the SEC he could just wait for a better job. Like the talking heads just said, he can't even recruit until August.

If Auburn is the best program looking for a coach that offers him, he'll go to Auburn. He can leave after 1 year if a great job opens up and wants him.

He's damaged goods and isn't going to get a good job off the bat. Plus, he'd fit into the shady culture pretty well over there.

engie
03-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Pearl can prettymuch name his next gig... He's the only coach in the SEC in the past 10 years to step in and have immediate success at a nontraditional power. EVERYONE in the league with a coach in limbo wants him...

That's why he won't be going to Auburn IMO. Especially an Auburn that's no better than we were when Stansbury left us and probably worse and is at minimum a 3yr rebuild. He's not going there to struggle his ass off for 2 years to see his stock go down in hopes that he can get it going in year 3...

He'll sit on a good job -- or at the very least, one that is teed up where he can catch lightning in a bottle for a quick jump back up the coaching ranks...

Quaoarsking
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Who says Bruce Pearl wants to stay in the SEC forever anyway? He's from Boston and coached up north until he was hired by Tennessee.

Bobby Petrino took a job at Western Kentucky (since that's all that would have him), stayed for 1 mediocre year, and then wasn't quite as much damaged goods anymore and got the Louisville job on the strength of his resume before WKU.
Pearl could do something similar by taking the best job that he could get next year (Auburn), proving that he can hold down the job without getting in trouble, and then even if his record at Auburn isn't that great, step into a bigger job after a year or 2 based on his strong pre-Auburn resume.

bully99
03-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Only schools that will touch Pearl are desperate ones, just like State was the only school that would hire Jackie, or small programs that want the publicity. He can't name his next gig. Toxic

esplanade91
03-12-2014, 11:13 PM
The same reason he's stayed in Tennessee. Wife.

And he's not damaged goods, he's a top tier coach who got caught cooking hotdogs for some kids' moms.

SevendustSeen
03-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Stansbury gone drop a hambone on Ray C34!!!! I seen this coming. Stansbury seen what Auburn can do and make them winner!!!!

Coach34
03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Get the **** out of here troll

mic
03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Stansbury gone drop a hambone on Ray C34!!!! I seen this coming. Stansbury seen what Auburn can do and make them winner!!!!

Can someone please translate this to English so I can actually understand what he is saying......

hells bells
03-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Can someone please translate this to English so I can actually understand what he is saying......

Yes, 7dustseen was hit in the back of the head by a Kardasheeeen brother at Old South. Quote, "get me a drank there boy".