PDA

View Full Version : Tee Sheppard and 'the plan'?

EAVdog
03-12-2014, 11:18 AM
So is Tee Sheppard on 'the plan' that Ole Miss puts together for marginal academic qualifiers? When he was committed to us I thought he wouldn't make it to Starkville until the beginning of Fall Semester. He is now saying he'll be in Oxford by July. Seems like he made up some ground academically on NSD.

(because we all knew this was gonna happen)

FISHDAWG
03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
So is Tee Sheppard on 'the plan' that Ole Miss puts together for marginal academic qualifiers? When he was committed to us I thought he wouldn't make it to Starkville until the beginning of Fall Semester. He is now saying he'll be in Oxford by July. Seems like he made up some ground academically on NSD.

hey ... didn't you know they cured AIDS ****

defiantdog
03-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote from Tee -- “Ole Miss got back in the picture at the last minute,” Shepard said of his recruitment. “I just thought about everything overall. Where did I really want to be? Where would be the better fit for me? I thought Ole Miss could get me better prepared for the next level.”

If this isn't a classic case of "What the ****".... I don't know what is. I bet Tee can't even name one defensive back that OM has developed to the next level. Plus, he's never made an official or unofficial visit to the school. So he really doesn't know what's going on there. He bought a ticket to a game and sat in the stands.... that was his OM experience.

I'm done with this guy.... and honestly, I'm done with any "PR Stunt" player OM recruits to their baptism. GTHOM!

PassInterference
03-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Quote from Tee -- “Ole Miss got back in the picture at the last minute,” Shepard said of his recruitment. “I just thought about everything overall. Where did I really want to be? Where would be the better fit for me? I thought Ole Miss could get me better prepared for the next level.”

Yeah, why risk coming to MSU as a DB to play for a 2-time Superbowl champion cornerback.

Honestly, I don't want a player that dumb. His actions say "I'm so damn good it doesn't matter where I play". Doesn't sound like a coachable player. He'll fit right in with the fighting Kimdeecies.

maroonmania
03-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, why risk coming to MSU as a DB to play for a 2-time Superbowl champion cornerback.

Honestly, I don't want a player that dumb. His actions say "I'm so damn good it doesn't matter where I play". Doesn't sound like a coachable player. He'll fit right in with the fighting Kimdeecies.

The dude is very talented I'm sure, but you can certainly follow him from his HS recruitment to ND to Holmes and his academic issues at both places and it becomes pretty obvious the guy is either totally immature or a headcase. Either way, he's a high risk high reward type player. He could get his act together and be great or he could just flame out and get kicked out of school ala Brassell. I believe OM WILL get him in initially because they get EVERYONE in initially that they want in.

thf24
03-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Didn't he have 30 hours to complete as of the beginning of the spring semester? That was going to be a long shot already, no matter where he'd signed. I'd say 30 hours by July would be impossible, at least under normal circumstances. Stress "normal."

smootness
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM
I've learned not to worry at all about guys like this who seem to make decisions on a whim and whose recruitments make no sense. Regardless of where they end up, their careers are almost never as good as expected.

Can we think of one of these guys recently who has turned out really well? CJ Johnson is the best I can think of, and he hasn't been as good as advertised thus far.

Political Hack
03-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Most emotional decision makers don't usually stay focused as well as others. I don't worry too much about the kids that waffle. they tend to be more likely to take a few years of development before they even begin to think abou being solid contributors. We have some on our team too, although far fewer than the other guys.

Dawg61
03-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Why are we talking about this flipping bastard again? His 15 minutes are up.

FISHDAWG
03-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Why are we talking about this flipping bastard again? His 15 minutes are up.

I think it's more about the shenanigans of our false adversary than the recruit

MSUMatt
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I've got a player whose an outside linebacker for Holmes who was with Tee the night before signing day. Tee couldn't decide what to do and called his grandma who informed him to she wanted him to play for the Mississippi State Rebels. Tee had to explain to her that there were two different teams in MS which she did not know. The whole time she thought he was committed to Ole Miss which is the actual team she wanted him at. My kid couldn't speak to the plan or lawyer promise but did say that Tee talked yo Kiffin and Freeze a lot that night because they were playing NCAA and tee kept having to pause the game etc.

Jack Lambert
03-12-2014, 01:46 PM
He'll be another wash out guy at Ole Miss who only helped them in their quest to beat us at recruiting.

tcdog70
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
He Played at pitiful Holmes and he had a whopping 1 interception. What is the fuss, he probably couldn't beat out what we have.

Political Hack
03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
they play NCAA and madden and speak to the kids constantly through head sets.... daily. it's not a violation but I gaurandamntee you we aren't doing it.

Dawg61
03-12-2014, 02:25 PM
they play NCAA and madden and speak to the kids constantly through head sets.... daily. it's not a violation but I gaurandamntee you we aren't doing it.

MSU can pay me Chris Kiffen's salary and I'll gladly destroy recruits on Xbox daily. I'll even let the good players win sometimes.

sandwolf
03-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Didn't he have 30 hours to complete as of the beginning of the spring semester? That was going to be a long shot already, no matter where he'd signed. I'd say 30 hours by July would be impossible, at least under normal circumstances. Stress "normal."

Completing 30 hours over the course of a spring and summer at Holmes CC is far from impossible for even an average student under normal circumstances. You are talking about taking 18 hours in the spring and then 6 in each summer session, and again, these are Holmes CC courses. It will require time and commitment, but it can definitely be done. That being said, if you look at Shephard's history, he will probably be back at JUCO next fall.

BeardoMSU
03-12-2014, 02:48 PM
If they can get Powe eligible, they'll have no problem with Tee. Him being able to write his own name gives them a good head start****

Bothrops
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
It's amazing what a pile of money can do. They should have coached him better on what to say after he excepted their offer. What he's saying is incriminating enough if you think about it.

maroonmania
03-12-2014, 04:03 PM
I've got a player whose an outside linebacker for Holmes who was with Tee the night before signing day. Tee couldn't decide what to do and called his grandma who informed him to she wanted him to play for the Mississippi State Rebels. Tee had to explain to her that there were two different teams in MS which she did not know. The whole time she thought he was committed to Ole Miss which is the actual team she wanted him at. My kid couldn't speak to the plan or lawyer promise but did say that Tee talked yo Kiffin and Freeze a lot that night because they were playing NCAA and tee kept having to pause the game etc.

Yep, nothing like depending on Grandma who knows NOTHING about either school. It's pretty obvious the kid is a flake.

mullenite
03-12-2014, 04:57 PM

Yeah Nick "thug life" Brassell said the same thing. We all see how that turned out!