PDA

View Full Version : let me clear up something..

preachermatt83
03-12-2014, 12:03 AM
I do not think John Cohen is a bad coach. Actually I think he is a very good coach. I do criticize the way he handles the lineup at times and that will never change. I think that is part of the fun of Message boards. One constant about Cohen is that you never know what he's gonna do with a lineup. I still think that Garner and Humphries should be a MUCH bigger part of everyday lineups but after listening to Cohen's post game interview tonight I am just going to trust him. He said that he really believes that bringing Garner and Hump along slowly will pay big dividends as the season progresses. As much as I'd like to see them playing more I am going to trust Cohen on this.... Also after hearing his post game I feel very confident about the pitching situation.. I was afraid that he was dead set on woody but he put that to rest tonight.. He hinted at Preston getting the Sunday start which is awesome and said Fitts would likely go Saturday but then he said that Friday night was a competition. I would not be surprised to see Woody get one more Friday night start but another Sub par performance and that will just about do it. It seems as if we may be looking at Bracewell on Fri, Fitts on Sat, and Brown on Sunday which is what many of us have been calling for. So again let me say, I am critical at times of coach cohen but I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. Just thought that needed clearing up.

preachermatt83
03-12-2014, 12:06 AM
oh yea, and one other thing... He also compared Preston Brown to Kendall graveman... I think someone else did that earlier today...

I seen it dawg
03-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Are you and 99 the same idiot?

bully99
03-12-2014, 12:58 AM
STFU BAFOON

preachermatt83
03-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Are you and 99 the same idiot?

just curious why you say that based on my post?

maroonmania
03-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Part of the issue with Cohen is that he places a LOT of weight and has a lot of loyalty to guys that have been in the program a while and who bust their hump in practice and he gives them preference when filling out a lineup card. Now THOSE guys don't always equate to who WE see performing better when the lights come on and feel deserve a chance to take a spot over a guy who is a veteran or a guy who is not producing in games. He continued to give Sam Frost playing time his whole career because of his work ethic when most of us would have never played him, he will continue to give Detz every chance to break out of his slump well past when most of us would bench him or move him well down in the order, he will continue to give starters (Stratton, Mitchell, DJones, and now Woodruff) who have ability every opportunity to show what they can do well after we've written them off. Sometimes his moves work out well and sometimes they don't but I don't see Cohen changing any of his tactics.