bully99
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
3 0 State

bully99
03-11-2014, 08:08 PM
NO no gone

maroonmania
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Based on what I've seen of Preston Brown this year he is at least our 3rd best starter. If somebody else doesn't step up soon he should be given a shot as the SEC Sunday starter. He locates his pitches VERY well and location is the biggest factor in pitching.

engie
03-11-2014, 08:35 PM
The baseball savvy is overflowing up in here**

trob115
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I say give him a shot next weekend and see what happens on Sunday.

bully99
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
We needed the infinite wisdom of engee. Thanks

engie
03-11-2014, 08:59 PM
We needed the infinite wisdom of engee. Thanks

You probably don't even know what you did do you?

messageboardsuperhero
03-11-2014, 09:01 PM
It shouldn't take the "infinite wisdom of engee" to know that you don't talk about a no-hitter while the game is going on.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 09:03 PM
He def deserves a shot at a weekend spot. He has earned it. Hudson nor woody has. I'd have Bracewell, Fitts, and Brown as my weekend rotation. he is Graveman 2.0 Constant groundball guy that keeps pitches low and can go deep into games.

Todd4State
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
You probably don't even know what you did do you?

LOL. What's scary is we are supposed to have some of the smarter baseball fans out there.

State82
03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Dead Indians and now we are upsetting the baseball gods. We'll never get ahead like this.

bully99
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Guess you should blame ellis and Gregory, they both said no hitter and they were at the game.

M.Fillmore
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Since baseball players are notoriously superstitious, does that mean that baseball fans have to be as well?

Silly me. I figure what someone says on the internet has no effect on the baseball game.

bully99
03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
It doesn't, but the two self proclaimed baseball experts on here know it all. We should blame all the Twitter people who tweeted it out.

engie
03-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Since baseball players are notoriously superstitious, does that mean that baseball fans have to be as well?

Silly me. I figure what someone says on the internet has no effect on the baseball game.

Yet you notice none of the normal baseball posters here went "there" even though everyone knew it was ongoing and only an inning or so away from becoming a legitimate possibility. Hell, they didn't even go there on the Pack.

No -- you don't have to be superstitious -- but you are going to catch hell when you violate an unwritten rule of the game, which consequently violates others' superstitions...

engie
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
It doesn't, but the two self proclaimed baseball experts on here know it all. We should blame all the Twitter people who tweeted it out.

It's the press's job to report those things. Not their job to be MSU fans and worry about "spoiling" a No-No...

Not that we needed you to do anything else to establish the amounts of your baseball dumbassery. But worry not -- you just made my ignore list -- and I won't be replying to you any further.

Political Hack
03-11-2014, 09:48 PM
I saw a five year old ruin his coaches no hitter last weekend. pretty cool.

CJDAWG85
03-11-2014, 09:58 PM
location is the biggest factor in pitching.

THIS THIS THIS

CJDAWG85
03-11-2014, 09:59 PM
I saw a five year old ruin his coaches no hitter last weekend. pretty cool.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

bully99
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Violates other superstitions.? Wow, you're losing it buddy.

M.Fillmore
03-11-2014, 10:03 PM
It's the press's job to report those things. Not their job to be MSU fans and worry about "spoiling" a No-No...

Not that we needed you to do anything else to establish the amounts of your baseball dumbassery. But worry not -- you just made my ignore list -- and I won't be replying to you any further.

Oh, my heart is broken that I'm on his ignore list.****

Superstitions are stupid, anytime, anywhere. Play the game.

Sandman14
03-11-2014, 10:07 PM

why is it that any time anyone disagrees with you, you react in a condescending and hypersensitive manner as if you are baseball royalty and everyone else is beneath you? you obviously know a great deal about college baseball. why not let your knowledge do the talking instead of being drawn in to these little spats over who all is a dumbass, whether you respond to certain folks' comments, ignore lists, etc. I'm sure bully99 does not care one bit whether you respond to his posts or ignore him. you are above this tomfoolery, right?

catch hell because someone came onto a message board and noted that a no hitter was still intact through 5? someone obviously was gonna note it. if you cared, why not tune out the message board for 45 minutes until the game ends?

War Machine Dawg
Bully99 starting this thread.....

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/ImpliedFacepalm2_zpsb1e5da2d.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/ImpliedFacepalm2_zpsb1e5da2d.jpg.html)

engie
Oh, my heart is broken that I'm on his ignore list.****

Superstitions are stupid, anytime, anywhere. Play the game.

Just how dumb are you?

engie
03-11-2014, 10:13 PM
why is it that any time anyone disagrees with you, you react in a condescending and hypersensitive manner as if you are baseball royalty and everyone else is beneath you? you obviously know a great deal about college baseball. why not let your knowledge do the talking instead of being drawn in to these little spats over who all is a dumbass, whether you respond to certain folks' comments, ignore lists, etc. I'm sure bully99 does not care one bit whether you respond to his posts or ignore him. you are above this tomfoolery, right?
Because I like to database the idiots. You've OBVIOUSLY missed Bully99's other posts if you think he deserves mature debate at this point. The same guy that is pissed about Cohen's recruiting, thinks we win 12 in the SEC(optimistically**), and thinks Cohen was the wrong guy from the job on the front end. Go thru some of the posts -- and the reasons he's not due any respect from me becomes blatantly obvious. And he cares so little that he responded back -- even after knowing he was blocked -- and makes it a point to derail basically every baseball thread that comes up. He does nothing but troll the site -- either intentionally or unintentionally -- and is not due my respect.

catch hell because someone came onto a message board and noted that a no hitter was still intact through 5? someone obviously was gonna note it. if you cared, why not tune out the message board for 45 minutes until the game ends?
Only a baseball idiot would note it when it was intact -- and anyone that does that is ABSOLUTELY going to get ridiculed when it's lost. Simple fact of message boards.

How about contributing something yourself -- instead of obsessing over what I contribute?

bgdog
03-11-2014, 10:24 PM
What is the matter with you? Why would you do that?

M.Fillmore
03-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Just how dumb are you?

Oh, I knew you directed the "ignore list" statement to Bully99. I was just being optimistic and hoping I would get on your ignore list.

engie
03-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Oh, I knew you directed the "ignore list" statement to Bully99. I was just being optimistic and hoping I would get on your ignore list.

That's reserved for people that are consistent idiots that bring nothing to the board and nothing to the discussion. Keep up the good work though and maybe you'll get lucky...

M.Fillmore
03-11-2014, 10:29 PM
That's reserved for people that are consistent idiots that bring nothing to the board and nothing to the discussion. Keep up the good work though and maybe you'll get lucky...

Hope springs eternal.

engie
03-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Hope springs eternal.

Good. I'll gladly add you to the ever-growing fan club.

bully99
03-11-2014, 11:00 PM
For the record, Brown said he didn't consider it a jinx until the seventh inning. TOUCHE

I seen it dawg
03-12-2014, 12:37 AM
NO no gone

Well no shit it's gone because you announce it to everyone. Anyone with a clue about baseball knows you don't mention it or it gets broken up. Proves you've never been in a dugout, maybe a parents dugout club, but not a dugout during a game. Dumbass.

bully99
03-12-2014, 01:01 AM
STFU BAFOON

smootness
03-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Count me among those who think the whole 'don't talk about a no-hitter' thing is stupid. bully99 has some issues, but this isn't one of them.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Count me among those who think the whole 'don't talk about a no-hitter' thing is stupid. bully99 has some issues, but this isn't one of them.

Of course it's stupid. No one actually thinks (I hope) that it jinxes the pitcher. The superstitions are a fun/quirky part of baseball that I enjoy. Bashing people that do the jinx is fun as well.

ButcherShop
03-12-2014, 09:12 AM
The fact that anyone on this site has superstitions surrounding games that they are in no way involved in is honestly kind of pathetic. Get off your self-proclaimed baseball pedestal and leave the superstitions to the players.

engie
03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
The fact that anyone on this site has superstitions surrounding games that they are in no way involved in is honestly kind of pathetic. Get off your self-proclaimed baseball pedestal and leave the superstitions to the players.

No.

As stated in my first post -- it's baseball savvy -- and little things like this define it.

Johnson85
03-12-2014, 10:15 AM
No.

As stated in my first post -- it's baseball savvy -- and little things like this define it.

It's not savvy. It's fun for people to participate in. But not caring to participate in it is an indicator of not wanting to participate in it, not that people are idiots.

bully99
03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Admit defeat Engie and move on.

engie
03-12-2014, 10:19 AM
It's not savvy. It's fun for people to participate in. But not caring to participate in it is an indicator of not wanting to participate in it, not that people are idiots.

Incorrect -- in this case and in general.

Sandman14
03-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Because I like to database the idiots. You've OBVIOUSLY missed Bully99's other posts if you think he deserves mature debate at this point. The same guy that is pissed about Cohen's recruiting, thinks we win 12 in the SEC(optimistically**), and thinks Cohen was the wrong guy from the job on the front end. Go thru some of the posts -- and the reasons he's not due any respect from me becomes blatantly obvious. And he cares so little that he responded back -- even after knowing he was blocked -- and makes it a point to derail basically every baseball thread that comes up. He does nothing but troll the site -- either intentionally or unintentionally -- and is not due my respect.

Only a baseball idiot would note it when it was intact -- and anyone that does that is ABSOLUTELY going to get ridiculed when it's lost. Simple fact of message boards.

How about contributing something yourself -- instead of obsessing over what I contribute?

see, again you react with hypersensitivity. all caps. then charging at me in the end. just simmer down a bit. make an argument rather than a personal attack. no doubt cohen is a mad man on the recruiting trail. it was never a genuine dispute as to whether Cohen was the perfect candidate for the job...to everyone except Ron Polk, Raffo, and their loyal supporters.

who cares about whether you block him or not? I don't even believe you, but I don't care what you see when you access the internet. why don't you just get two of those pirate patches and put one on each eye. then you won't be able to tell if he responded (even though you've blocked him, as you insist).

as for the no no, you "ABSOLUTELY" are going to be ridiculing someone every single time then, because when something exciting is going on with MSU sports, it almost always will be noted on message boards.

and in making my post, I was contributing something. trying to calm you. that's what I was doing. contributing to try and make the place better.

whatever
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Yet you notice none of the normal baseball posters here went "there" even though everyone knew it was ongoing and only an inning or so away from becoming a legitimate possibility. Hell, they didn't even go there on the Pack.

No -- you don't have to be superstitious -- but you are going to catch hell when you violate an unwritten rule of the game, which consequently violates others' superstitions...

I'm sorry, but this is the gayest thing I've seen on here... I knew flute boy would say something like this, but now I realize that you're dweeb as well.

It's one thing to be a player and not mention it in the dugout, but on a message board?

Even if you had jokingly made fun of someone for jinxing it that would've been ok, but doing it seriously?

ButcherShop
03-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry, but this is the gayest thing I've seen on here... I knew flute boy would say something like this, but now I realize that you're dweeb as well.

It's one thing to be a player and not mention it in the dugout, but on a message board?

Even if you had jokingly made fun of someone for jinxing it that would've been ok, but doing it seriously?

This guy speaks truth. Preach.

engie
03-12-2014, 02:14 PM
see, again you react with hypersensitivity. all caps. then charging at me in the end. just simmer down a bit. make an argument rather than a personal attack. no doubt cohen is a mad man on the recruiting trail. it was never a genuine dispute as to whether Cohen was the perfect candidate for the job...to everyone except Ron Polk, Raffo, and their loyal supporters..
Which the poster you are taking up falls into. He has bitched incessantly about Cohen's recruiting. Did you miss it? He melted when Touki Toissant committed to Vandy -- despite the fact that he probably goes in the top 10 to MLB. He bitches about Cohen's coaching. Constantly. He's claiming 12 SEC wins this year(optimistically). That is the baseball poster you are taking up for here...

who cares about whether you block him or not? I don't even believe you, but I don't care what you see when you access the internet.
You obviously care a whole helluva lot -- now that you've brought it up twice -- on two separate days, no less. Always love people that profusely defend how little they care -- without seeing the hypocritical irony of doing it. Try talking out of both sides of your mouth a little less. I simply let him know he finally made the permanent idiot list -- and to not bother trying to converse with me anymore. Not a big deal. Until you made it one.

why don't you just get two of those pirate patches and put one on each eye. then you won't be able to tell if he responded (even though you've blocked him, as you insist).
So calling me a liar is "you attempting to get me to simmer down"? Hypocrite much?

as for the no no, you "ABSOLUTELY" are going to be ridiculing someone every single time then, because when something exciting is going on with MSU sports, it almost always will be noted on message boards.
I'm on 4 MSU message boards that follow baseball religiously. He's the only person that mentioned it before it was broken up. Take it as you may.

and in making my post, I was contributing something. trying to calm you. that's what I was doing. contributing to try and make the place better
RIGHTTTT**

What is it you were obsessed with me about? I legitimately forgot -- but I definitely remember it being something.

Ah -- Dudy Noble -- that's right. Are you ready to admit defeat on that one -- or are you still trying to tell me it's the second best college park in the nation?

engie
03-12-2014, 02:16 PM

It's funny that I STILL haven't seen a single legitimately decent baseball poster come running to his aid.

And the initial comment was in jest -- until a couple of people went full retard about it -- and there's an underlying story that you and others obviously don't care to understand the scope of. Basically anyone else says it, and they catch a good-natured ribbing and it's let go. The fact that the guy that thinks Cohen is mediocre, can't recruit, we're going to win 12 at best in the SEC this year, DNF is the best stadium ever, etc is the one that said it changes that dynamic entirely.

How about knowing the whole story before adding your .02?

messageboardsuperhero
03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Look, nobody truly believes bully99 costed Brown a no-hitter last night... I'm just saying that it is common baseball knowledge that you don't talk about a no-hitter in the middle of the game- and most people who do talk/post about it don't have a lot of baseball intelligence.

ETA: And when you see that bully99 was the one who made the original post, it just makes more and more sense, given his posting history.

bully99
03-12-2014, 03:08 PM
When you're in a hole, quit digging. People calling you "experts" out says it all. You weren't joking engie,so quit lying. I've forgotten more baseball than the experts on here will ever know.

I seen it dawg
03-12-2014, 05:50 PM
When you're in a hole, quit digging. People calling you "experts" out says it all. You weren't joking engie,so quit lying. I've forgotten more baseball than the experts on here will ever know.

You have reached a new low expecting anybody remotely believing this shit. It didn't faze me you calling me a buffoon because of the fact it came from you. To categorize you as moron, idiot, ignorant...it all insults the people who are actually those things.