CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
That's good

msstate7
05-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Good news

sandwolf
05-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Loses or losing? Showing as being in the bottom of the 8th.....

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Loses or losing? Showing as being in the bottom of the 8th.....

It's over. Auburn took the series.

Todd4State
05-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Now we need to win our series against them. They finish with LSU, so I like where things stand with them at the moment.

FFF
05-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Now we need to win our series against them. They finish with LSU, so I like where things stand with them at the moment.

We CAN take the series from OM. We bring bats and pitching like we did this weekend, I don't think they keep up. Based on the eye test alone, Bama and OM are almost identical in terms of stats and records (except OOC... but Bama had a MUCH MUCH harder OOC schedule). We are more than capable of winning 2, but we need to hunker down, bring the bats, and play ball.

We need to work counts as best we can and really force OM's bullpen to beat ours. I think that's what it boils down to, and our pen is MUCH better than theirs is. We bring the bats, we take the series.

gravedigger
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I hope we throw our weakest starter against UM's best pitcher and focus on taking 2 of 3. It's not a cop out either. We could have some hot bats and pitching not matter in the first game. Um has no confidence past friday night. That said, 4 wins out of the next 2 series will be HUGE for our program. Even one of three vs UM and a sweep of USCe would be just as dramatic being the last weekend of the season and likely taking over the 4th spot in the tournament.

FFF
05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I hope we throw our weakest starter against UM's best pitcher and focus on taking 2 of 3. It's not a cop out either. We could have some hot bats and pitching not matter in the first game. Um has no confidence past friday night. That said, 4 wins out of the next 2 series will be HUGE for our program. Even one of three vs UM and a sweep of USCe would be just as dramatic being the last weekend of the season and likely taking over the 4th spot in the tournament.

I'm pretty sure Pollo will start vs. Wahl, but you'll see us go hard after him. We touched him up pretty good in Starkville last year, and it's time for us to show we are the better team. I don't think we hold anything back against them. Winning the first game in Oxford, is imperitive for us to keep momentum going.

msstate7
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Pollo pitches well against ole miss. Hopefully we can keep it close and get to their bullpen around the 7th. We can hit their bullpen. Ross and girodo will be huge in the series also bc ole miss struggles against lefties. Lindgren has to show up Sunday

Coach34
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM

We've beaten Wahl twice already in his career. Hell, we had Beede on the ropes and just couldnt deliver the big blow. We'll get to Wahl Friday...plus, Cohen owns Bianco

RTO Dawg
05-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Mississippi has no bull pen....RACK IT

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 08:39 PM
We have fared pretty well against hard throwing righties this year. We will have a series full of Frazier, Detz, Pirtle, Bradford, Porter, and Robson from the left side...and our only two righties will be Renfroe and Rea.

I don't know if we'll win the series, but we're built to win this match up in my opinion.

Drugdog
05-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I bet Yellum was crying all the way home. How about that sports fans! Would have been priceless to hear him, but I don't have a wish to put myself thru the agony of listening to him..

Coach66
05-06-2013, 08:41 AM
quote "That HR would not have gone out in any other SEC park", Rebs can't catch a break". I hate that guy.

I bet Yellum was crying all the way home. How about that sports fans! Would have been priceless to hear him, but I don't have a wish to put myself thru the agony of listening to him..

ghostofjackie
05-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Why do yall hate Kellum so much? Aside from being an Ole Miss homer, he's a pretty good announcer. He doesn't really strike me as a guy that would cause burning hatred inside me towards the radio. His baseball knowledge is nowhere close to Jim Ellis, but he does get back from break in time for the first batter.

Jim HAS to quit talking so ****ing much after the inning.

Todd4State
05-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't like him during football season because you can't tell what the heck is going on. He starts yelling and talks about all of this stutter stepping, twisting, and etc. and then next thing you know, it's a one yard gain for Ole Miss.

M.Fillmore
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't like him during football season because you can't tell what the heck is going on. He starts yelling and talks about all of this stutter stepping, twisting, and etc. and then next thing you know, it's a one yard gain for Ole Miss.

THIS!!!
I hear Yellum is a nice guy and that he doesn't spew irrational nonsense like Chuck Roundsaville, Dick Cross, et al. But he gets way too excited. I flipped on a reb hoops game once, Yellum went bonkers after a jump shot was made and I figured they had a buzzer beating win. It turned out to be the opening basket of the game.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Why do yall hate Kellum so much? Aside from being an Ole Miss homer, he's a pretty good announcer. He doesn't really strike me as a guy that would cause burning hatred inside me towards the radio. His baseball knowledge is nowhere close to Jim Ellis, but he does get back from break in time for the first batter.

Have you ever listened to that douche for an extended amount of time?

During basketball games, here's an idea of his call....

"Derrick Zimmerman handling the ball for MSU, moves left to right, now drives in and.....HE CHARGED!! But the refs don't call it, and he lays it in for two. Wow, what a terrible call by the ref. Not only was it a clear charge, it also looked like he took 5 steps, Keith. Mmmm, the Rebs are going to have to beat the Bulldogs and the refs tonight."

He's more than a homer, he's an annoying, exaggerating, douche, homer. And he gets so down when Ole Miss is losing. I mean, I know you're upset, but shit, you still have to call the game. You can turn on the radio and immediately know if they're up or down just by how happy or sad Kellum is. He has a good radio voice, it's just his over the top homerism that makes him bad to me. But maybe it's just me.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2013, 01:40 PM

I agree with this, though. This weekend he didn't have time to get the full starting lineup for Bama in, because Graveman threw a quick inning. So what does he do? He tells us that he didn't have time, then does the lineup, then throws it to break, and we miss the first batter of the next inning. I wanted to say, "Jim, **** the lineup, we would rather hear the action. you can always do the lineup next inning."

But, outside of that one thing he does bad....he is the absolute best baseball guy in the business to me.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
One other thing...

Who is that Tim Kirkjan sounding guy that does the baseball games with Kellum? That guy sounds just like Kirkjan on Baseball Tonight. His voice squeaks like a boy hitting puberty.

Homedawg
05-06-2013, 04:16 PM

Keith Kessinger is absolutely awfulllllllllll. Kellum is a pleasure to listen to if it will keep that moron's mouth shut. I don't doubt his knowledge- he just can't present it to the audience in a decent fashion.

Spider-Man
05-06-2013, 04:38 PM

"Derrick Zimmerman handling the ball for MSU, moves left to right, now drives in and.....HE CHARGED!! But the refs don't call it, and he lays it in for two. Wow, what a terrible call by the ref. Not only was it a clear charge, it also looked like he took 5 steps, Keith. Mmmm, the Rebs are going to have to beat the Bulldogs and the refs tonight."

He's more than a homer, he's an annoying, exaggerating, douche, homer. And he gets so down when Ole Miss is losing. I mean, I know you're upset, but shit, you still have to call the game. You can turn on the radio and immediately know if they're up or down just by how happy or sad Kellum is. He has a good radio voice, it's just his over the top homerism that makes him bad to me. But maybe it's just me.

Nailed it.

Todd4State
05-06-2013, 05:55 PM

That's what a I liked about Jack Cristal, he could be pissed off, but he never sounded like he was going to need medication after the game. We could be losing 45-0 to Ole Miss, and he would whip out "Mississippi State just lined up incorrectly, well it is only game twelve." And then he would give us the Sonic Drive of the Game back to Tupelo.