PDA

View Full Version : Ok, This is getting a little ridiculous !

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Cohen's worst line-up yet! Why no Collins? Why No Humphries? Why No Garner? not even a brown? And Detz is at DH, so that opens up a spot for Hump at 3rd right? NOPE! Guess who is at 3rd??? Freaking Britton.. Good Grief what is the deal Cohen!!!!!!! Why does he not see what everyone else who has watched a games sees!!!

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Haha I knew there would be a freakout over this. I don't like the lineup either but it's not because of what you say.

mic
03-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Its OK.. Let some guys that prob wont play this weekend (Britton) get some swings in and see some live pitches before the opening SEC weekend ..
DH Detz to try and get him going.

Political Hack
03-11-2014, 04:34 PM
we've already tanked the pre-conference schedule. we may as well make damn sure we know who to play by league play. the best way to do that at this point is to test everyone.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 04:38 PM
we've already tanked the pre-conference schedule. we may as well make damn sure we know who to play by league play. the best way to do that at this point is to test everyone.

I hope you are right.. I just don't know what to think anymore.

RossDawg82
03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Lets not forget that Coach Cohen did take MSU to a place we have never been before just last year. He obviously knows a little something about baseball. Im not a fan of the line up either but he is a good coach and Im sure there is a reason he is playing them where he plays them.

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Bottom line, we can't hit no matter who we put in the lineup. It's just not who we are. Appears he's going all-in on defense. Britton at 3B gives us our best defensive infield. I personally think Brown, Bradford and Armstrong give us our best defensive outfield.

bully99
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Randolph catching

Lefthandersrule
03-11-2014, 05:18 PM
I believe this game is the last opportunity for some players to get playing time. SEC starts this weekend and we will be all out to win from here on out. With Brown on the mound we will be fine.

WPDawg
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Cohen's worst line-up yet! Why no Collins? Why No Humphries? Why No Garner? not even a brown? And Detz is at DH, so that opens up a spot for Hump at 3rd right? NOPE! Guess who is at 3rd??? Freaking Britton.. Good Grief what is the deal Cohen!!!!!!! Why does he not see what everyone else who has watched a games sees!!!

Because he works with these guys everyday and .....you dont. Not sure how the common bleacher fan can relate to what Cohen may be up to so dont over think it. If the closest you have been to team building is picking a T-ball team based on who the mommas are, you probably just need to watch, learn and enjoy the baseball environment and leave the heavy lifting to Cohen.

Coach34
03-11-2014, 05:32 PM
You have to let other guys play and get tested- you dont just play the same 9 ****ers every game

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I believe this game is the last opportunity for some players to get playing time. SEC starts this weekend and we will be all out to win from here on out. With Brown on the mound we will be fine.
hoping that's the case. Im thinking that he knows that Randolph and Britton both will see very limited action from here on out and he's just giving them one final game.. kind of like flair last year im guessing.. I sure hope that's the case.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Because he works with these guys everyday and .....you dont. Not sure how the common bleacher fan can relate to what Cohen may be up to so dont over think it. If the closest you have been to team building is picking a T-ball team based on who the mommas are, you probably just need to watch, learn and enjoy the baseball environment and leave the heavy lifting to Cohen.

you are an idiot. do you even know what fan message boards are for? considering you have 23 posts in nearly a year im guessing you don't.

shoeless joe
03-11-2014, 06:11 PM
you are an idiot. do you even know what fan message boards are for? considering you have 23 posts in nearly a year im guessing you don't.

Actually his post was dead on. I will accept the decisions made by the coach that sees the players more than even their parents see them. He knows what he's doing.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Actually his post was dead on. I will accept the decisions made by the coach that sees the players more than even their parents see them. He knows what he's doing.

I am not saying he is a bad coach. I think he is a very good baseball coach but there is no one in there right mind that can argue that he puts the best lineup on the field. Anyone with eyes can see that Britton is not an SEC caliber player and also that Collins is one of the best defensive catchers in the country. His release is out of this world.

Dawg61
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
I am not saying he is a bad coach. I think he is a very good baseball coach but there is no one in there right mind that can argue that he puts the best lineup on the field. Anyone with eyes can see that Britton is not an SEC caliber player and also that Collins is one of the best defensive catchers in the country. His release is out of this world.

You're overthinking things. It's before SEC play and a midweek game. This is Cohen's chance to see what the other guys have. He's not going to be playing backups when it's SEC baseball time.

bgdog
03-11-2014, 07:07 PM

Posts smack. Awesome.

Bucky Dog
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Screw getting playing time. In baseball it is about getting in rhythm and being consistent and that comes from knowing who is in the lineup daily and where you are playing. We have had so many lineups it is confusing and what that does is put more pressure on each player to perform. They feel like they are fighting for a spot every day and will tend to press. I know from experience. We had fall ball to figure out who goes where. The coach should set a lineup and go with it, showing confidence in each player and allow them to find their groove. You cannot keep mixing up the lineup and hope to gain the consistency you need. I know there are young players and all but he should have decided on a lineup sooner rather than later.

Sandman14
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
all you guys clearly know more about baseball than John Cohen. The man only has been voted national coach of the year, took UK from the garbage heap to the SEC title, and took over our dumpster fire and had us in the supers in year 3, SEC tourney champ in year 4, and overall national runner up in year 5.

but do continue. quite comical.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 09:00 PM
You're overthinking things. It's before SEC play and a midweek game. This is Cohen's chance to see what the other guys have. He's not going to be playing backups when it's SEC baseball time.

hoping you are correct.

C222
03-11-2014, 09:11 PM
all you guys clearly know more about baseball than John Cohen. The man only has been voted national coach of the year, took UK from the garbage heap to the SEC title, and took over our dumpster fire and had us in the supers in year 3, SEC tourney champ in year 4, and overall national runner up in year 5.

but do continue. quite comical.

Some of our fans are amazing. They'll just bitch about everything. Yeah, Cohen doesn't know what he's doing. Idiots.

I seen it dawg
03-12-2014, 12:34 AM

You are getting in the same county as 99. County seat is dipshitville.

Bucky Dog
03-12-2014, 08:08 AM

but do continue. quite comical.Joe Paterno won a national championship!

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-12-2014, 08:12 AM
You don't really have a lot of faith for a preacher.

ghostofjackie
03-12-2014, 08:48 AM
***He has to give all these kids a chance so their mommas can see them play. They are great young men***

preachermatt83
03-12-2014, 11:00 AM
You don't really have a lot of faith for a preacher.

lol, my faith is certainly not in man.. But that was pretty funny.