PDA

View Full Version : Okay...I'm laughing now

TheRef
03-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Bleacher Report has TSUN as #17 in their projected Top 25. I'm rolling, literally, on the floor right now laughing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1983902-predicting-the-achilles-heel-of-every-projected-top-25-team-for-2014/page/10

cbrunt29
03-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Typical BR. It's gotten to where I don't even read their stuff anymore.

Jack Lambert
03-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I stated in another topic that Ole Miss will be pre season ranked. I think they will be rank in a lot of polls. The only one I don't think they will be ranked is the coaches poll. They know better.

Political Hack
03-11-2014, 01:10 PM
This OM team is almost as good as their last team that made it to Atlanta.***

Remember that time they were ranked in the top ten by everyone after losing two first round picks on the OL and DL? I see similar things happening for them. This is actually good though. Lower expectations for us and higher for them, work to our favor because we're going to be a much, much better football team than them this year.

starkvegasdawg
03-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Will they have enough players free on bond to field a team by this fall?

bully99
03-11-2014, 01:35 PM
It's based solely on their last two recruiting classes.

Coach34
03-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Their lack of depth on the OL makes them a team you want to play later in the season once everybody gets beat up. They are not going to be bad though- solid on D and have a few weapons on offense. But once their OL gets a little beat up- they will struggle just like they did against good teams this year.

LC Dawg
03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
I wish everyone would rank them in the top 5. I think Freeze is worried that his team is not going to live up to the expectations of that delusional fanbase and I want to see him sweat it out. I don't think he'll be able to handle the pressure if everything heads south.

Coach34
03-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I think Freeze is worried that his team is not going to live up to the expectations of that delusional fanbase and I want to see him sweat it out. I don't think he'll be able to handle the pressure if everything heads south.

very good point. I cant wait for him to start arguing on twitter with his parody again

gtowndawg
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
I wish everyone would rank them in the top 5. I think Freeze is worried that his team is not going to live up to the expectations of that delusional fanbase and I want to see him sweat it out. I don't think he'll be able to handle the pressure if everything heads south.

I want them ranked and ranked high. It's a recipe for disaster.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Freeze flipping Tunsil was the biggest thing he has done for his career. If he had not done that, he may have been fired after this season.

engie
03-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Freeze flipping Tunsil was the biggest thing he has done for his career. If he had not done that, he may have been fired after this season.

Agreed that it was his biggest recruit thusfar... My issue is them using "Tunsil going down" as the reason they lost the Egg Bowl -- when they replaced him with a 5th yr SR who started every game in 2012 and had 16 starts overall under his belt.

Ole Miss is facing possible disaster on the OL. If they stay 100% healthy(read, get 100% healthy), they may be ok. Just one or two injuries up front and their season is over...

- They are relying on Tunsil, who has been injured.
- Golson who has been injured, had surgery, and is sitting out at least part of the spring.
- Morris who has been injured, missed a whole season, and will miss all spring -- after being very overweight entering last season.
- Morris #2 who they were counting on is most likely done for the season...
- Cooper -- a JUCO who will be a late enrollee and will be there in June at the earliest...
- a number of true freshmen -- to go along with 2 redshirt freshmen...
- Then, they have Still, Bell, Conyers... who got abused by our true freshman in the Egg Bowl.

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Regardless of what any of us want, Ole Miss is not going to be bad. They won't challenge for anything, but they'll definitely be a formidable bowl team. To think otherwise is silly. 5th year senior 3rd year starter at QB, the 2011 class is seniors, and some elite players sprinkled here and there on a team full of average joes. They've got some tools to work with. Losing Moncrief will hurt them more than they'll ever know. They still don't have a tailback, and others have said their OL is thin, although I don't know that for sure.

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 02:39 PM
My issue is them using "Tunsil going down" as the reason they lost the Egg Bowl
Seeing how we played a true freshman 3rd stringer at QB for 3.5 quarters, I really don't give a f*ck what excuses they list. I and they know better. That's why they are so damn bitter right now, they know there's not shit they can say.

chef dixon
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
They'll be good on O-line, they flipped Rawlings remember?

BiscuitEater
03-11-2014, 05:04 PM
I want them ranked and ranked high. It's a recipe for disaster.

the rebel home opener, third game of the year, when they completely overlook Hud & Bridgewater in VH. First three will set the tone ... win and they can have a really good year. If not, it may head downhill in a hurry

dawgindothan
03-11-2014, 05:32 PM
others have said their OL is thin, although I don't know that for sure.

Agree with your overall post, but their OL is worse off than just thin. They're set at LT with Tunsil. IF (that's a big IF) Aaron Morris returns from ACL surgery close to what he in 2012, they're pretty good at LG. But C and the right side of the OL are complete question marks. Their 2014 OL may technically be more "talented" than last year's, but it's young, inexperienced, unproven talent. Their 2014 OL will be at best mediocre but likely subpar. I think they're decent to pretty good everywhere else.

mic
03-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Lots of off the field issues
Lots of divas and character issues
Im sure lots of promises to certain players with playing time
A possible spilt with fan base and player over who should be QB
Chemistry will be a huge deal with them

Hugh has a lot of issues to deal with outside of X and O's.....

GreenheadDawg
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
There's a lot more to winning football games than having talent alone. They have a lot of me guys and that's obvious. You have to have leadership and guys that care more about the team than individual stats. Granted, they have some talent, nobody have dispute that, but they also have a lot of questions marks and the biggest one to me is team chemistry. We will see if the beav can keep it together.

hailmari
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
They'll be good on O-line, they flipped Rawlings remember?

I had already completely forgotten about him.