PDA

View Full Version : If I'm making the lineup...

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Going into SEC play.. This is what it would be

1) Vick-LF
2) Henderson-RF
3) Garner-DH
4) Rea-1st
5) CT-CF
6) Humphries-3rd
7) Pirtle-2nd
8) Heck-SS
9) Collins-C

Now, find a weakness in that line-up?!?

Fri -Bracewell
Sat- Fitts
Sun- Brown

I figure Bracewell is gonna give you the most innings of the 3 so I would follow him with Cox and Gentry.
Fitts is gonna give you a few but at the first sign of trouble I'd go with Ross
I would treat Brown and Lindgren like co-starters. I'd give Brown 3 innings or so and then give it to Lingo.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-11-2014, 01:06 PM

1) Vick-LF
2) Henderson-RF
3) Garner-DH
4) Rea-1st
5) CT-CF
6) Humphries-3rd
7) Pirtle-2nd
8) Heck-SS
9) Collins-C

Fri -Bracewell
Sat- Fitts
Sun- Brown

I figure Bracewell is gonna give you the most innings of the 3 so I would follow him with Cox and Gentry.
I would treat Brown and Lindgren like co-starters. I'd give Brown 3 innings or so and then give it to Lingo.

Pirtle is a switch hitter isn't he? If so, I'd switch him and Henderson. If not, I'd consider switching them anyways.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM

1) Vick-LF
2) Henderson-RF
3) Garner-DH
4) Rea-1st
5) CT-CF
6) Humphries-3rd
7) Pirtle-2nd
8) Heck-SS
9) Collins-C

Fri -Bracewell
Sat- Fitts
Sun- Brown

Would prefer Brown in at DH over Garner.

War Machine Dawg
03-11-2014, 01:20 PM

1) Vick-LF
2) Henderson-RF
3) Garner-DH
4) Rea-1st
5) CT-CF
6) Humphries-3rd
7) Pirtle-2nd
8) Heck-SS
9) Collins-C

Fri -Bracewell
Sat- Fitts
Sun- Brown

CT at 5 is a ginormous weakness. Too easy.

My lineup would be this:

1) Vick
2) Pirtle
3) Rea
4) Garner
5) Hendu
6) Humphries
7) Collins
8) CT
9) Heck

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 02:01 PM
CT at 5 is a ginormous weakness. Too easy.

My lineup would be this:

1) Vick
2) Pirtle
3) Rea
4) Garner
5) Hendu
6) Humphries
7) Collins
8) CT
9) Heck

Bottom line though WMD, is simple... look at the line-up I posted and the one you posted... Notice one glaring truth, WE BOTH HAVE THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE.. Why can't others see this is our best shot at winning ?

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah, but Brown has torn it up in his admittedly limited AB's. I would like to see if he could continue it. I hope they get him in the lineup.

Will James
03-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Vs RHP

Vick/Brown
Detz
Pirtle
Rea
Humphreys
Heck
CT
Collins
Brown/Vick

vs LHP
Heck
Pirtle/Detz
Humphreys/Pirtle
Rea
Garner/Humphreys
Vick/Brown
Hendu
Collins
CT

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 03:00 PM
It's past time to put C.T. Bradford back in the leadoff spot. He's a team leader, a senior, and he was our leadoff guy in 2011 and 2012 up until he got hurt. Only reason he didn't do it last year is simply because you couldn't take Frazier out of that spot. He's also our leading hitter so far.

1 - Bradford, CF
2 - Vickerson, LF
3 - Rea, 1B
4 - Pirtle, 2B
5 - Garner, DH or Humphreys, DH/3B
6 - Detz, DH/3B
7 - Henderson, RF
8 - Heck, SS
9 - Colllins or Walker or Randolph, C

I'm a Bradford believer, so you all will be too by the end of the year.

Will James
03-11-2014, 03:03 PM
CT has a 3% BB rate and is consistently lower on this from year to year. Not a 1 hitter for me.

Goat Holder
03-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Back up from your stats and see the big picture.

ButcherShop
03-11-2014, 04:37 PM
#FreeHumphreys

mic
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Detz is going to play..
Let him get to at least 100 AB's and then lets see how he is looking..
He was one of most productive hitters last year.. Let him try and work his way out of his early slump..
Its baseball its a long season.....

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Detz is going to play..
Let him get to at least 100 AB's and then lets see how he is looking..
He was one of most productive hitters last year.. Let him try and work his way out of his early slump..
Its baseball its a long season.....

We are 20 games in.. time to stop saying that its a long season. This season is slipping away while we are "waiting for guys like detz to come around".. Forget that! Lots can change in a year.. I don't know why but for some reason Detz is just simply not performing and hasn't all year. Maybe He slacked in the offseason, maybe he has a little nagging injury he's hiding, maybe the scouting report is out and pitchers have figured him out... I don't know what it is but bottom line is what he did last year doesn't matter at all, and this year is slipping away from us. All the while you have a guy on the bench who is smashing when he gets the chance.. Detz took Norris' job last year why can Hump not take Detz this year. It is a NEW YEAR.

Lefthandersrule
03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Hendu is a double play machine. Not two hole IMO.

Lefthandersrule
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Vs RHP

Vick/Brown
Detz
Pirtle
Rea
Humphreys
Heck
CT
Collins
Brown/Vick

vs LHP
Heck
Pirtle/Detz
Humphreys/Pirtle
Rea
Garner/Humphreys
Vick/Brown
Hendu
Collins
CT

I actually love CT in the nine spot!

mic
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
We are 20 games in.. time to stop saying that its a long season. This season is slipping away while we are "waiting for guys like detz to come around".. Forget that! Lots can change in a year.. I don't know why but for some reason Detz is just simply not performing and hasn't all year. Maybe He slacked in the offseason, maybe he has a little nagging injury he's hiding, maybe the scouting report is out and pitchers have figured him out... I don't know what it is but bottom line is what he did last year doesn't matter at all, and this year is slipping away from us. All the while you have a guy on the bench who is smashing when he gets the chance.. Detz took Norris' job last year why can Hump not take Detz this year. It is a NEW YEAR.

Maybe he is off to a slow start... He is only about 65 AB's into the season.
Yes Hump has been very good as a frosh , but "smashing"???? he is 6 for 20.. that's a .300 clip
And Norris wasn't coming into his season last year off a .300 year before.
Im sure if Detz continues to struggle and Hump continues to produce, it will be harder to keep him out of the line up...

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Hendu is a double play machine. Not two hole IMO.
I can agree on that point but my thinking is this... he is a good bunter.. Vick gets on a lot, Hendu bunts him over. Now we have a runner on 2nd with 1 out and Garner and Rea coming up. That's gotta be good for atleast one run eh?

Will James
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
I can agree on that point but my thinking is this... he is a good bunter.. Vick gets on a lot, Hendu bunts him over.

No

trob115
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Detz continuing to struggle tonight too.

preachermatt83
03-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Detz continuing to struggle tonight too.

yup