View Full Version : Weekely Recruiting Update

BeastMan
03-10-2014, 11:53 AM
This week was a bit slower as far as offers but there was one development that makes an impact on MSU's board
http://3rdand57.com/msu-recruting-update-310/

-Perhaps the biggest news this week was Anfernee Jennings of Dadeville committing to Bama (he had an MSU offer). You may ask why that matters? Well, MSU has long led for Hoover, AL DE Christian Bell (4-star) and he got a Bama offer at their Jr day and it caused some MSU fans to think that one was over. Then, it started looking like it was only a "camp offer". Jennings was Bama's 2nd DE commit (other is Mekhi Brown) and that is looking more and more like Jennings to Bama won't materialize b/c Bama isn't serious. That also has some impact on 2 more Hoover prospects MSU is in the game with: WR Justin Johnson (3-star) and RB Bradrick Shaw (3-star). Getting a commit from any of the 3 can only help with the others. I'm not sure MSU would take a commitment from Shaw right now though. I bet they would from Johnson but I think he is a future TE (6'4 205). All in all, MSU sits in good shape at Hoover right now.

-If you're including commitments, MSU is up to 173 offers out right now. That is more than the past I think. The majority are out of state guys and many are big time talents. I think MSU is casting a wider net than years past but still doing the heaviest work in-state.

-The LB MSU offered this week, Montravius Atkinson, is from Fairburn, GA. Same as Marquell Harrell, the OL that decommitted from OM and is blowing up.

-43% of all MSU's offers are to lineman, offensive and defensive. That's telling

Goat Holder
03-10-2014, 01:01 PM
I never expected that Alabama being elite would actually help our recruiting. Now I realize that we still have to play them so it's somewhat of a zero sum affair, but I think we make bigger strides than they do due to their national recruiting. It enables to get into Alabama much more readily.

jumbo
03-10-2014, 01:32 PM

-43% of all MSU's offers are to lineman, offensive and defensive. That's telling

good. Football games, especially in the SEC, are won and lost on the line of scrimmage

EngineerDawg
03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
I never expected that Alabama being elite would actually help our recruiting. Now I realize that we still have to play them so it's somewhat of a zero sum affair, but I think we make bigger strides than they do due to their national recruiting. It enables to get into Alabama much more readily.

+1

Todd4State
03-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Yep. And it allows us to get players that want to beat Alabama for overlooking them.