PDA

View Full Version : True Detective Finale

BeardoMSU
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Anyone else disappointed?

tcdog70
03-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Not really.Yellow King is still out there. Pretty good ending. Rust lives and I thought he was a goner. The old man tied up in the out house, what was that about?

Political Hack
03-09-2014, 11:05 PM
that was the killer's dad I think.

I thought it was pretty well done with the exception of the hospital scenes after they catch the guy. They made it simple enough to catch the guy they were looking for while the political faction escapes clean. Leaves a good start to the next season. I just hope it's not a slow political drama the first several episodes of next season.

Quaoarsking
03-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Unless they change their minds, Season 2 will have an all new cast and setting.

Dawg61
03-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Anyone else disappointed?

Yes. Last two episodes have been weak imo. Wasn't the same show once Cohle and Woody met back up 10 years later. Can we get a mulligan please on episodes 7&8.

CadaverDawg
03-10-2014, 12:53 AM
I thought it was pretty good. It's going to be hard to transition into the next season after that. MM is just a kick ass actor.

bgdog
03-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I thought it was great. I really loved it. I know a lot of people wanted it to delve more into the mystic occult shit and get some solid answers on all of the conspiracies but that was never what the show was about. I really think the writer wanted the focus of the show to be on the two main detectives and their progression with everything else being secondary. With that in mind the finale was incredibly satisfying.

PassInterference
03-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Alright alright alright! Great ending.

I did like the hospital scene. It gave me a chance to catch my breath.

Surprised Rust didn't die.

How did the cops get there? I assumed that wacked out woman called the cops. But the phone didn't work earlier.

Coach34
03-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Too many unanswered questions- and I agree with Clay Travis- they got to episode 6 and realized they had enough for 6 more episodes, so they rushed everything into 2 episodes and left too much unanswered.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/true-detective-finale-breaks-hbo-clears-my-house.php

Now heading into another season with another story supposedly. Loved the show but thought they mismanaged things the last couple. Too rushed

Big Daddy Dawg
03-10-2014, 09:25 PM
I too think they could have stretched this out for 2-3 episodes!
As far as being completely different deal next season, woody and mm are the executive producers of the show, do you really believe that after the tremendous response HBO will let this story die?

PassInterference
03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Rule #1 of show business: leave the audience hungry for more.

Dawg61
03-11-2014, 03:57 PM
. How did the cops get there? I assumed that wacked out woman called the cops. But the phone didn't work earlier.

Woody used her phone. He pointed the gun in her face and said "everybody's got a ****ing phone".