PDA

View Full Version : Greg Byrne

bully99
03-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Bryne was on the radio with Bart Gregory and said he and his son would be at State on Tuesday, because his son was going to pick between MSU and two other colleges (didn't name them). Wouldn't the Byrnes know State about as well as anybody.

preachermatt83
03-09-2014, 11:04 PM
I think a healthy raise would bring the ninja back myself

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2014, 11:10 PM

Mail all non-refundable donations to bring him back to me. I'll deposit them in my checking...I mean escrow...account and then start an aggressive email and twitter campaign to lure him back. If he returns your donations will go towards his salary.

SignalToNoise
03-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Mail all non-refundable donations to bring him back to me. I'll deposit them in my checking...I mean escrow...account and then start an aggressive email and twitter campaign to lure him back. If he returns your donations will go towards his salary.

Are you a Nigerian prince?

bully99
03-10-2014, 12:09 AM
He said when people ask him his alma mater is he tells them Mississippi State because he got his masters degree from State.
Of course his other degree is from Arizona State, ,not exactly something you want to say as AD of Arizona.

No way Preacher. He's at a school that's won dozens of national championships. He's seen the underbelly of msu sports and knows how hard it is to compete in the sec with our resources..
In fact he turned down a raise that would have paid him more than Arizona.

rabbitthedawg
03-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Greg would have stayed at State, however his wife wanted to go home to Arizona. I know for a fact how much the Ninja wanted to stay and "finish" what he started, but family ties and a wife begging to go home had much more to do with it. Greg would have stayed at least five more years, something he told me personally. It happens...!

PassInterference
03-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Greg would have stayed at State, however his wife wanted to go home to Arizona. I know for a fact how much the Ninja wanted to stay and "finish" what he started, but family ties and a wife begging to go home had much more to do with it. Greg would have stayed at least five more years, something he told me personally. It happens...!

I've been through that. It does happen.

deltadawg99
03-10-2014, 08:51 AM
I would take the Ninja back in a heartbeat, but having both he and his wife's families from AZ is a tough hurdle to get over.

bgdog
03-10-2014, 09:31 AM

God I wish that were the case

Joe Schmedlap
03-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Greg is 3x the athletic director we have now.

M.Fillmore
03-10-2014, 11:02 AM

I can echo this post. I have a good friend in another state who is close to Byrne. In fact the way I met Byrne was through this guy and we got to spend an evening together once with Byrne. Anyway, this guy (not an MSU fan) said that Byrne loved it at MSU, and there were only a couple of schools Byrne would ever consider leaving MSU for and Arizona was one of them. The family pull was too strong.

Joe Schmedlap
03-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I will always wonder if GB would have wrecked our men's basketball program.

Bark
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Greg is 3x the athletic director we have now.

I think it's probably more than that. Byrne was a leader...we have a follower now unless it has to do with social media.

Joe Schmedlap
03-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Bark, that about sums it up perfectly. All I can say is thank God for that quirky "Doc" Fogelsong. At least we don't have LT still calling the shots.