PDA

View Full Version : For those of you wanting to fire Ray, list a replacement and how he will improve the

dawgclub99
03-09-2014, 02:58 PM
program. Stop it with the Fire Him BS without facts to back it up.

C222
03-09-2014, 03:14 PM

I don't want Ray fired (yet) but I wish we could get Derek Kellogg. Probably a long shot.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Bill self. He's a great recruiter and coach. Surely he'll leave Kansas for us*** Really though id love to get one of his top assistants

MarketingBully01
03-09-2014, 03:30 PM

I already listed my top three and they would all be legit and would come here with the right salary:

Michael White (Louisiana Tech)
Kermit Davis (MTSU)
Robert Kirby (Memphis Assistant)

Those three would all be big upgrades to Ray. Trust me.

MarketingBully01
03-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Bill self. He's a great recruiter and coach. Surely he'll leave Kansas for us*** Really though id love to get one of his top assistants

We had a chance last time around and didn't want his top assistant. His top assistant and best recruiter (Joe Dooley).

Madisonmd
03-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Our admin refused to interview Dooley. Actually, hired Ray the weekend of Final Four in New Orleans without him having been on campus.

C222
03-09-2014, 03:45 PM
How is Kirby an upgrade? Why has no one hired him?

Coach34
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I already listed my top three and they would all be legit and would come here with the right salary:

Michael White (Louisiana Tech)
Kermit Davis (MTSU)
Robert Kirby (Memphis Assistant)

Those three would all be big upgrades to Ray. Trust me.

White is on Auburn's list

and aGAIN I mention- our AD worked with Kirby and knew him well. And didnt even consider him for the job.

C222
Our admin refused to interview Dooley. Actually, hired Ray the weekend of Final Four in New Orleans without him having been on campus.

Good. Glad we didn't interview him.

Coach34
How is Kirby an upgrade? Why has no one hired him?

Kirby = Melvin

bully99
03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Dooley lost today in the conference finals, but he should have at least been interviewed.
Mullen was hired never having been on campus, and I have no problem with that, if it's a competent hire. Ray was a desperate hire. By our empty suit AD.

Todd4State
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
I gave Croom, Dan, Cohen, Polk II, etc. time to turn things around, and Ray is going to get the same opportunity from me.

Jacksondevildog
03-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Kirby applied for the Mississippi Valley State job and didn't get it.

preachermatt83
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Tubby Smith liked coaching in the SEC, should have hired him to begin with. Not sure he would leave TT now though. so I wont include him on my list... Bruce Pearl would fill the seats and would win but our AD and Prez are too scared to hire him so I wont include him either.. my list is the most unusual you have seen but yet it is a simple one..

Russ Springmann- Texas Assistant
Blaine Taylor- Former Old Dominion Head Coach
mike Rhodes- VCU assistant
Kermit davis- MTSU head Coach
Scott Sutton- Oral Roberts Head Coach.

before you jump all over this I challenge you to do a little research on every one of these guys.. I'd trade ray for any of them.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Donnie Tyndall at southern miss. Has done very well with zero resources.

bully99
03-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Kermit Davis has as much baggage as Pearl.

chef dixon
03-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Callaway's coach

TheDogFather
03-09-2014, 05:46 PM

Quite an interesting post. You dare those to somehow predict the future. Although simple reason can accumulate a long list of candidates with experience and W-L records far greater than Rick Rays. So that excercize seems futile.

Better yet, you list the accomplishments of the esteemed Mr. Ray that proves he should be retained.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 06:35 PM
The perfect hire....Bryce Drew, Valpo.

tcdog70
03-09-2014, 07:23 PM
What about John Brady and Him bring Butch Pierre? That way you get the best recruiter in the big 12 and a HC that has twice been SEC coach of the year plus been to the final four.. But , I would take Elmer Fudd over Rick Ray

gtowndawg
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Quite an interesting post. You dare those to somehow predict the future. Although simple reason can accumulate a long list of candidates with experience and W-L records far greater than Rick Rays. So that excercize seems futile.

Better yet, you list the accomplishments of the esteemed Mr. Ray that proves he should be retained.

I'll hang up and listen....

Bothrops
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Donnie Tyndall at southern miss. Has done very well with zero resources.

I agree. Tyndall seems to be a good coach. I doubt he could win much more with our current level of talent though.

WinningIsRelentless
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
For roughly 75k per win on our record or 300k per sec win I'm sure we could find a damn good coach. Those are the numbers we paid Ray this year per win in both catorgies.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
I'll hang up and listen....

No shit, what an awful OP.

DawgPoundRock
03-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Greg Carter Starkville High School

smootness
03-10-2014, 08:10 AM

The problem is, you can't hire a coach and throw him into the middle of a dumpster fire and then after 2 years say, 'You don't have any accomplishments on your resume, so you're gone'.

We need to get past, at least for the time being, the discussion of firing Ray. I realize the OP is the one that brought up the hypothetical, and I'm talking to him, too. It just isn't going to happen, at the absolute minimum, for one more year.

So let's see what he can accomplish next year.