PDA

View Full Version : Big game today - need a damn W...

HancockCountyDog
03-09-2014, 12:19 PM
We simply can't have an 0-4 weekend.

The guys have to swing the damn bats.

messageboardsuperhero
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM
The bats haven't been the problem this weekend. We've scored 12 runs in three games, which isn't good, but isn't exactly anemic either. The issue has been pitching- we've given up 27 runs in three games, which is totally unheard of for us the past 2+ years.

That's why I'm not TOO overly concerned just yet. The first few games, our offense was a problem; then the defense was bad and costed us a couple of games; now the pitching has been awful. We just need to straighten up and put it all together. We definitely have our issues and were overrated coming into the season, but there's still time for us to become a good team. The talent is there.

Todd4State
03-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Why are people not getting this? We can not allow 7, 8, 12 runs play crap defense and win. If we had the best offense in the country, it would be tough to overcome our pitching allowing that. We scored 12 runs this weekend- an average of 4 a game. Granted that's not awesome or anything to brag about- but it's not as much of a problem as the pitching has been this weekend.

What we lack is power. Lacking power doesn't mean that you can't hit.

I'm not expecting us to win today. I expect Dakota to look about like our other pitchers. If I'm on our team, I just want to get on the plane and get the hell out of there.

Sorry for the rant- and it wasn't meant to be personal.

Todd4State
03-09-2014, 12:36 PM
The bats haven't been the problem this weekend. We've scored 12 runs in three games, which isn't good, but isn't exactly anemic either. The issue has been pitching- we've given up 27 runs in three games, which is totally unheard of for us the past 2+ years.

That's why I'm not TOO overly concerned just yet. The first few games, our offense was a problem; then the defense was bad and costed us a couple of games; now the pitching has been awful. We just need to straighten up and put it all together. We definitely have our issues and were overrated coming into the season, but there's still time for us to become a good team. The talent is there.

That's what has been the most puzzling for me- EVERY single pitcher we have thrown out there has struggled this weekend. Even the ones that have been very consistent- like Lindgren, Cox, and Ross. And all at one time. Just weird.

I know that when pitchers go to different places the mound is different in every ballpark. But that shouldn't affect the entire staff. It's a big ballpark- so they should feel OK about not allowing a home run.