PDA

View Full Version : fire rick ray now!!

campmore
03-09-2014, 09:37 AM
We need to fire Rick Ray today! 7 and 29 in the SEC. Terrible attendance. No energy in our program. If we hire Bruce Pearl we immediately will become relevant. For the people that wanted Stansbury gone the program is now cleaned up. We need someone brought in who knows how to win and recruit and bring enthusiasm back to MSU basketball. For the people who say give him more time we have already invested 2 million dollars so I think he has been well compensated. I am also sure we would have to pay him more.

DownwardDawg
03-09-2014, 09:57 AM
There is no way this administration would hire Bruce Pearl. No way.

Joe Schmedlap
03-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Agree. Bruce Pearl is toxic waste and there's no way President Keenum will give that shyster the time of day.

I seen it dawg
03-09-2014, 10:21 AM
He's staying. Like it or not.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Bruce Pearl? Why do people keep mentioning his name? It's not going to happen nor should it. There are plenty of other qualified coaches out there.

Drugdog
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Didn't a lot of people want COHEN gone after 2 years????? Hmmmmm,

msstate7
03-09-2014, 10:40 AM

People may want Cohen gone after this year.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Good comparison.****** I haven't heard that one mentioned. ************************************************** *******

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
People may want Cohen gone after this year.

Cohen has been awful this year, but he gets a 2 year free pass from me. Playing in the national championship series buys a lot of leeway in my book.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Cohen has been awful this year, but he gets a 2 year free pass from me. Playing in the national championship series buys a lot of leeway in my book.

Oh I wasn't calling for Cohen to be fired. Just saying that a bad year can even get Cohen in hot water much less rick ray

CadaverDawg
03-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Comparing Ray to Cohen is just not right. The only people that wanted Cohen fired were people that didn't follow college baseball and knew zero about Cohen prior to him being hired here. Cohen was a great hire and it was always a matter of time before we were competing at a high level. He turned Kentucky into a winner before coming here.

Ray, on the other hand, has no history of success. Even his recruiting "success" prior to his hire here is quite unimpressive. And again, he may turn out to be a great hire, but if you take off your maroon goggles, we could have hired probably 100 coaches that would have come here and had a better resume than Rick Ray. That isn't his fault, it's Stricklin's. So our sunshine fans don't need to get upset when some people are a little pissed that Stricklin's "what the ****?" hire, has looked less than stellar after two years and doesn't really have much in the way of talent coming in, it doesn't appear. If you're going to pull a "what the ****" hire, then you better realize that you won't have the usual length of time for that hire to perform since you had people questioning it from the start anyway. That is what some of you pumpers fail to comprehend.

I hope these guys are like a fine wine that gets better with age, because right now they look like smashed grapes.

ETA: For the record, this post is not directed at DrugDog, other than the Cohen part at the very top.

defiantdog
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Rick Ray has to solidify his purpose within State's program. Cohen is an excellent recruiter and went to the national title. Mullen is damn near perfect against OM and knows how to give winning seasons. Ray just has to find his purpose.

Ray has got to turn it around next year. Hopefully he will.... but as fans of MSU, we always call for the coaches head when we're losing. I like our attitude as fans. At least we aren't contempt at sucking.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Rick Ray has to solidify his purpose within State's program. Cohen is an excellent recruiter and went to the national title. Mullen is damn near perfect against OM and knows how to give winning seasons. Ray just has to find his purpose.

Ray has got to turn it around next year. Hopefully he will.... but as fans of MSU, we always call for the coaches head when we're losing. I like our attitude as fans. At least we aren't contempt at sucking.

Good points.

defiantdog
03-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't want our program turning into what Arkansas' did after Nolan Richardson left. They've been through 3 coaches in 10 years and haven't done shit.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't want our program turning into what Arkansas' did after Nolan Richardson left. They've been through 3 coaches in 10 years and haven't done shit.

And now recruits can't even remember Arkansas' glory days. I'll always remember MayDay, big o, Thurman, Corliss, etc. I really enjoyed watching those teams

Drugdog
03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Good comparison.****** I haven't heard that one mentioned. ************************************************** *******

******your so cooooooolllll*******