PDA

View Full Version : MSU commit Tookie Brown leads his team to state championship

Coach34
03-08-2014, 11:14 PM
2015 MSU basketball commit Tookie Brown poured in 36 points for Morgan County (Ga.) today as they won the 3A State Championship 69-45.

HoopsDawg
03-08-2014, 11:21 PM
I bet all those other schools who offered him are pissed right now. Oh wait......

Dawg61
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I bet all those other schools who offered him are pissed right now. Oh wait......

He'd start for us right now. As a junior in HS. Can we get him in school earlier? We need him. Bad.

Coach34
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM

I dont even know what this means. Your saying this kid that just dropped 36 in the state title game- which was only 9 less than his opponent scored total- is not a legit recruit? Are you really that stupid?

smootness
03-08-2014, 11:30 PM

I'm confused. Is Ray stupid for offering a junior in HS with no other offers...who happens to be one of the top scorers in the state of GA? Or is he stupid for not offering a MS kid with no other legit offers after his senior year in HS? Or is it somehow, incomprehensibly, both?

Or are we picking and choosing what to argue based on what makes Ray look bad?

bully99
03-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Well at least we got one Tookie to come play for State. Lost out on the other Tookie.

maroonmania
03-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Well this Tookie hasn't signed yet so nothing is official.

bully99
03-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Good point, if some of the big boys come after him, he may not make it.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Don't worry we have Troutman coming in who we beat New Hampshire to get!!!! Just like we beat all the SWAC schools for Oliver Black!! The future of the program is looking great****

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 10:15 AM
IJ Ready looked good in high school too. Tookie is a 5'9 PG with no other offers. None.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
IJ Ready looked good in high school too. Tookie is a 5'9 PG with no other offers. None.

I haven't written off ready yet. Hopefully conditioning can reform him from glass to plexiglass at least

HoopsDawg
03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
I haven't written off ready yet. Hopefully conditioning can reform him from glass to plexiglass at least

He just has a hard time getting to the rim and getting his shot off b/c he is only about 5'9. He would be the perfect PG on a team with multiple shooters b/c he has a good handle and he is a good distributor. He can create shots for his teammates but we don't have anyone who can finish. We need him to be a scorer and that's not his game at this level.

tcdog70
03-09-2014, 11:29 AM
It is Readys defense that has me concerned. He cannot defend bigger guards. He cannot stop dribble penetration. He could not beat out Bloodman, another smurf and turnover machine. We lose Borchet and don't know if Daniel is as good. I did think Flat top Fred played pretty good His last few games. Stansburys recruits are the only talent on the team. Rays boys couldn't start for Delta St. Next year looks to be more of the same. You have too have guards to win, ours are not SEC quality.

Raytoraid83
03-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Stansburys recruits are the only talent on the team. Rays boys couldn't start for Delta St. Next year looks to be more of the same. You have too have guards to win, ours are not SEC quality.

But Stans caused all of this!!!! He's the reason Ray can't win a home game against a headcoachless South Carolina team that we were favored in!!!********

C222
03-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Don't worry we have Troutman coming in who we beat New Hampshire to get!!!! Just like we beat all the SWAC schools for Oliver Black!! The future of the program is looking great****

But you and others wanted Kenny Paul Geno, right?

Raytoraid83
03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
But you and others wanted Kenny Paul Geno, right?

He would've been a walk on not a scholarship player....

engie
03-09-2014, 12:42 PM
He would've been a walk on not a scholarship player....

Over an actual Georgia offer? No.

Intramural All-American
03-09-2014, 12:52 PM
That's what I don't get. We would have had to offer him a scholarship for him to come here. People would have crucified Ray for that scholarship offer.

smootness
03-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Just like we beat all the SWAC schools for Oliver Black!!

Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Wichita St are SWAC schools?

And the Geno talk is hilarious. Everyone complains that we didn't 'take' a guy who scored 24 points this year...then when it's pointed out that his offer list looked worse than a lot of the commits they're bashing, they claim we should have taken him as a walk-on, which we obviously would have done had it been an option.

It's so stupid.

Coach34
03-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Wichita St are SWAC schools?

And the Geno talk is hilarious. Everyone complains that we didn't 'take' a guy who scored 24 points this year...then when it's pointed out that his offer list looked worse than a lot of the commits they're bashing, they claim we should have taken him as a walk-on, which we obviously would have done had it been an option.

It's so stupid.

It's par for the course on all this. Daniels was called shitty and a terrible croot by people screaming for us to get Pollard. Then when it was shown that Daniels juco numbers were better than Pollard's- they moved on to something else.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 03:01 PM
It's par for the course on all this. Daniels was called shitty and a terrible croot by people screaming for us to get Pollard. Then when it was shown that Daniels juco numbers were better than Pollard's- they moved on to something else.

Speaking of Daniels, I'm much more interested in how he's performing in our practices. Anyone got any good inside info or him and ndoye?

Coach34
03-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Speaking of Daniels, I'm much more interested in how he's performing in our practices. Anyone got any good inside info or him and ndoye?

a former player that went to some practices said that Daniels is the best post player we have- including Ware. Also said sitting out the year was a good thing for Endo- he needed a year to gain some strength.

smootness
03-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I know that both Bloodman and Ware lit up when asked about Ndoye...and Bloodman started laughing when Ware was asked how tough it was to go against him in practice - they both said he just keeps coming at you and makes everything you do down there a nightmare.

So I don't know much about his refined skills, but it sounds like he has size and energy to spare. They both said people will be very surprised by what they see from him next year.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Good to hear. Should we expect ware to play the 4 next season?

I really like how Fred finished the season after being benched (ray's best move all year). I think Fred will be a very nice player next season.

Coach34
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
No- Daniels will be the 4. He has a nice jumper facing the basket- but can post up on the block as well. Supposedly defends fairly well also

smootness
03-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I expect the starting lineup to be:

Ready
Sword
Thomas
Daniels
Ware

And I think they will be our best 5 overall players, too, which is good. And I would expect to see Bloodman, Roq Johnson, and Ndoye as the first 3 off the bench.

msstate7
03-09-2014, 06:20 PM
I expect the starting lineup to be:

Ready
Sword
Thomas
Daniels
Ware

And I think they will be our best 5 overall players, too, which is good. And I would expect to see Bloodman, Roq Johnson, and Ndoye as the first 3 off the bench.

I just hope Dunlap can come in and break up a zone, black can give us quality down low, and Houston lives up hype (well some). In other words,really need this class to be productive