PDA

View Full Version : We are at a program low in basketball.....

Goat Holder
03-08-2014, 07:27 PM
You Stans haters got what you wanted. There was no excuse today for them to not go out a winner. Just overall shitty. Ray gets next year yes but damn, will there be any fans left? You have to at least show signs of life, and we did not. Dead bottom of the cellar. It's f*cking cold down here.

ETA: What a shitty f*cking weekend for MSU sports.

bully99
03-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Softball beat top ten Kentucky. We have a lot of lows in our basketball history. Not any lower than losing to alcorn in the 79 nit

Coach34
03-08-2014, 07:38 PM
We are at a program low in basketball..... .

Richard Williams won 7 games in 1986 or 87...he says you are wayyyyyy off

when your former coach makes your program "the most dysfunctional program in America"...rebuilding is a tough bitch to deal with

Political Hack
03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
[/COLOR][/h]

when your former coach makes your program "the most dysfunctional program in America"...rebuilding is a tough bitch to deal with

we've been more shitty. excellent.

MarketingBully01
03-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Richard Williams also had Brady then Stansbury/Kirby as his chief recruiters. Who do we have that's even in the same ball park as those guys. Also, wasn't Eustachy on his staff for a bit as well? We have no where near those assistant coaching types to help Ray.

MarketingBully01
03-08-2014, 07:44 PM
[/COLOR][/h]

As shitty as that was, he still never lost 13 in a row.

Brad Stevens
03-08-2014, 07:45 PM
We shot the exact same field goal percentage as SC today. They made 7 more 3s (when they went on an unconscious spell). We continue to give up way too many offensive rebounds leading to second chance points. And we give up way too many lay ups. My overly-optimistic self wants to think having Ndoye, Black, and Daniels with Gavin and Roq will help with that next year, but I have no factual evidence to back that up. If we can't rebound the basketball, we will continue to lose.

TheDogFather
03-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Richard Williams also had Brady then Stansbury/Kirby as his chief recruiters. Who do we have that's even in the same ball park as those guys. Also, wasn't Eustachy on his staff for a bit as well? We have no where near those assistant coaching types to help Ray.

OK then. Ray should be fired for being a shitty recruiter. Or for hiring shitty recruiters. Or both.

Joe Schmedlap
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Rick Ray will be back no matter how many futility records he has set already, but next year should be crucial for his job security. For now, I just accept the fact that for all intents and purposes, we have no men's basketball program. That is not all on Rick Ray's shoulders either. I am very underwhelmed by Ray thus far, and yet I'm not surprised. I had zero expectations when our athletic director hired Rick Ray. It was a very WTF moment for me and undoubtedly for many other State fans and alumni. Nevertheless, the guy gets three seasons from me before I can know if he deserved the job. Even if State is terrible again next year, the athletic director probably gives the coach a 4th season. Perhaps he deserves a 4th season, results be darned in the first three. Then again, maybe he gets a fourth because athletic directors (all of us, really) don't like to admit they were wrong. For the sake of my university, I hope Rick Ray can be successful at State. It is admittedly difficult for me to be optimistic though given Ray's resume and lack of any recruiting ties to the SEC territory.

MarketingBully01
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Just saying it's a perfect storm of crap in this situation. Flanigan is our best recruiter and he is largely living off his dad's high school kids in Little Rock. We retained the absolute worst assistant we could have from Stans regime in Brooks. This whole situation was a cluster from the beginning. The whole staff is suspect IMO.

civilengineerdog
03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Softball beat top ten Kentucky. We have a lot of lows in our basketball history. Not any lower than losing to alcorn in the 79 nit

Yes, it sucked to lose to them, but they had several good players. I will never forget the 'Who dat?' cheers.

Dawg61
03-08-2014, 08:29 PM
[/COLOR][/h]

How long do you plan on quoting that shitty ass article written by ONE ****ING MORON? The "most dysfunctional program in America" doesn't go to post season play 11 out of 14 seasons. Every single one of us knows more about OUR basketball program than that one ****tard that you keep quoting. I wanted Stansbury gone but this shit is ridiculous. Keenum & Stricklin got what they wanted. A gutted out program that they can rebuild from scratch. That's already been accomplished. Time to go get us what we want now.

Coach34
03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
As shitty as that was, he still never lost 13 in a row.

but he did lose 19 of 20- which is impressive in its own right

Coach34
03-08-2014, 08:45 PM
How long do you plan on quoting that shitty ass article.

It wasnt just him...Gottlieb, Dykes, Katz, and all the other top basketball guys were railing on us. Our program was a joke to everybody outside of Starkville- wins be damned.

msstate7
03-08-2014, 08:48 PM
If the hump continues to be empty, will we stick with ray? Men's basketball should be a revenue sport

Dawg61
03-08-2014, 08:51 PM
It wasnt just him...Gottlieb, Dykes, Katz, and all the other top basketball guys were railing on us. Our program was a joke to everybody outside of Starkville- wins be damned.

Ok and which one of those three isn't an unbearable ASSHOLE? They got their wish. Stansbury gone. We all went with that decision because it was just and warranted BUT THIS SHIT AINT WHAT WE ALL HAD IN MIND. This shit is embarrassing.

Coach34
03-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Ok and which one of those three isn't an unbearable ASSHOLE? They got their wish. Stansbury gone. We all went with that decision because it was just and warranted BUT THIS SHIT AINT WHAT WE ALL HAD IN MIND. This shit is embarrassing.

but they are the faces of college basketball. Alot of questions will be answered this coming year about our basketball program. Rebuilding is now done

HancockCountyDog
03-08-2014, 08:54 PM

I'm glad we are no longer a joke.

thunderclap
03-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Anybody who says they anticipated this level of futility is lying.

hacker
03-08-2014, 09:01 PM
what's the damn point in putting a * in "f*cking"

everyone knows what you're saying. just say it.

Coach34
03-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Anybody who says they anticipated this level of futility is lying.

No doubt.

Nobody expected our returning players, upon being told "if you fail another drug test- you are done at Miss State"- to just keep on smoking...and eliminate themselves from the program. Nobody assumes people will be that stupid.

DanDority
03-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm glad we are no longer a joke.

Me too!!

grinnindawg
03-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Rick Ray had them playing decent D at the beginning of the year. By the end of the year we weren't doing anything well.
Maybe we'll make a Georgia esque tourney run.

The reason most people thought it was dysfunctional was a 19 year old and a 21 year old got in a fight.

That dysfunctional program was 8-8 in the SEC.

If we can't get close to that next year, there are no valid excuses.

Dawg61
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
but they are the faces of college basketball. Alot of questions will be answered this coming year about our basketball program. Rebuilding is now done

None of those "faces" actually gives two shits about Mississippi State University. They couldn't care less if we win zero games. Not one of them came to our aid when we were hiring a new coach so **** them. We need to learn from this colossal failure. Why are we just continuing to go down this path of certain suck? Quit acting like you don't know we'll suck either. YOU KNOW IT. ENGIE KNOWS IT. This needs to get fixed ASAP. I can not hold my tongue any longer and let our University continue to slaughter its basketball program. Rebuilding IS FAR FROM DONE. Filling a roster full of shitty players is NOT REBUILDING. And especially when we have nobody coaching them that can develop them into better players. We are just making the next guys job even harder every day we stay on this path. When you go down a path and it's filled with death and dismemberment you don't have to get killed before you decide to take a new path. We are getting KILLED.

Coach34
03-08-2014, 09:35 PM
We're not firing Ray chief. Get on board and support them for a year and see what happens. If we dont get better- then something may transpire

But Ray is back for at least 1 more year

MetEdDawg
03-08-2014, 09:50 PM
We are a results fan base. Once the results come THEN we support the team. We will have crap attendance next year again because our fan base isn't proactive with attendance in basketball. It's reactive.

Goat Holder
03-08-2014, 09:56 PM
I think you have to get down to WHY it's reactive. We hired a guy with no head coaching experience to replace a proven winner with a ton of loyalty within the fanbase. Similar to baseball except Cohen had experience. And even then, the crowds didn't fully come back until we hosted a regional. Cohen forced people to come back, Ray hasn't done that yet.

Mullen was different, he took over a fanbase that was starved for any type of excitement. Think about it, we had been through 5 years of Croom and we just hired Florida's OC. A lot to be excited about.