PDA

View Full Version : Two thing I wish some of our fans would learn

DanDority
03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Baseball is a LONG season
Cohen's teams always get better as the season progresses
Don't just read an article saying we have the smartest fans when it comes to baseball, be smart

preachermatt83
03-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Don't just read an article saying we have the smartest fans when it comes to baseball, be smart

and for the 3rd time in two days I have to say WE STARTED 17-0 LAST YEAR so your theory is erroneous.

State82
03-08-2014, 02:44 PM
and for the 3rd time in two days I have to say WE STARTED 17-0 LAST YEAR so your theory is erroneous.

And we only lost 2 ooc games the entire regular season.

RougeDawg
03-08-2014, 03:05 PM
And we had 2 STUD hitters that covered up a lot of deficiencies. Two hitters that learned how to hit somewhere away from Starkville, or Dudy Noble.

MarketingBully01
03-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Everything is fine nothing to see here...

MarketingBully01
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM

How can you say this with a straight face after getting beat 20-4 in two games. In our history, have we ever been blown out like that in a double header?

DanDority
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
How can you say this with a straight face after getting beat 20-4 in two games. In our history, have we ever been blown out like that in a double header?

What about what I said has anything to do with getting beat in a double header by sixteen?

Quaoarsking
03-08-2014, 05:27 PM

And everyone bitched through March anyway. We lost a few series early on in the SEC season and people started guaranteeing no Regional.

Saltydog
03-08-2014, 06:51 PM
nt

DanDority
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
And everyone bitched through March anyway. We lost a few series early on in the SEC season and people started guaranteeing no Regional.

Yes, I seem to remember this. Yet we have fans who seem to forget recent past.

Todd4State
03-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Lest we forget the Kentucky series last year.

Todd4State
03-08-2014, 07:05 PM

At least someone gets it.

cbrunt29
03-08-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm not gonna panic yet because I think we will get better as the season progresses, but it does worry me a little bit that we are losing to teams that we should definitely beat.

DanDority
04-22-2014, 09:45 PM

I tried to tell you!

Quaoarsking
04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
And this season, multiple people were predicting as late as this past weekend that we wouldn't make the NCAA Tournament. People never change...

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2014, 10:26 PM
We're getting better because Cohen completely overhauled the lineup and benched Rea. And he's still doing stupid shit like playing Vickerson and benching Hendu. The same Hendu who was pretty much the only player who played like he had a sack the first half of this season. Don't take a miraculous 5 game run as some great indicator of improvement. We're still missing a 3rd SEC starter and struggle to hit. Get back to me after a couple more SEC series before you start screaming how much improvement we've made. That said, Cohen usually finds a way to get it done, so I'll trust him to find a way. But all this "I told you so" bullshit has gotten ridiculous, especially after the only team in the logjam that is teams 3-10 in the SEC we've played, Ole Miss, came into our house and made us their bitch in 2 of 3 two weeks ago.

We'll make the Tourney, but it's a ****ing letdown when we had a team that should've been in the conversation to host. I'm sick and damn tired of always going on the road for regionals, and anyone who calls themselves a MSU baseball fan should be, too. It's insane that a program who used to regularly host when there were only 8 regional sites can't even play well enough to host now that there's 16 regional sites. That means to me we aren't one of the 16 best programs in the country. It's inexcusable. Period.

engie
04-22-2014, 10:31 PM

And started SEC play 3-6...

engie
04-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm not gonna panic yet because I think we will get better as the season progresses, but it does worry me a little bit that we are losing to tea ms that we should definitely beat.

When did this happen in the past month?

UMCDawg16
04-22-2014, 10:33 PM
We're getting better because Cohen completely overhauled the lineup and benched Rea. And he's still doing stupid shit like playing Vickerson and benching Hendu. The same Hendu who was pretty much the only player who played like he had a sack the first half of this season. Don't take a miraculous 5 game run as some great indicator of improvement. We're still missing a 3rd SEC starter and struggle to hit. Get back to me after a couple more SEC series before you start screaming how much improvement we've made. That said, Cohen usually finds a way to get it done, so I'll trust him to find a way. But all this "I told you so" bullshit has gotten ridiculous, especially after the only team in the logjam that is teams 3-10 in the SEC we've played, Ole Miss, came into our house and made us their bitch in 2 of 3 two weeks ago.

We'll make the Tourney, but it's a ****ing letdown when we had a team that should've been in the conversation to host. I'm sick and damn tired of always going on the road for regionals, and anyone who calls themselves a MSU baseball fan should be, too. It's insane that a program who used to regularly host when there were only 8 regional sites can't even play well enough to host now that there's 16 regional sites. That means to me we aren't one of the 16 best programs in the country. It's inexcusable. Period.

Congrats on winning-- Butthurt post of the night.

engie
04-22-2014, 10:36 PM
but it's a ****ing letdown when we had a team that should've been in the conversation to host. I'm sick and damn tired of always going on the road for regionals, and anyone who calls themselves a MSU baseball fan should be, too. It's insane that a program who used to regularly host when there were only 8 regional sites can't even play well enough to host now that there's 16 regional sites. That means to me we aren't one of the 16 best programs in the country. It's inexcusable. Period.

This is where you went full retard...

News flash -- we beat aTm like we should this weekend -- and we are STRONGLY back in the conversation to host -- if not a projected host. RPI is now 33rd with 4 series to play.

Coach34
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM

Yes

I seen it dawg
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM

Now who needs the tampon.....

UMCDawg16
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM

News flash -- we beat aTm like we should this weekend -- and we are STRONGLY back in the conversation to host -- if not a projected host. RPI is now 33rd with 4 series to play.

Its 70% we sweep the fake maroons this weekend. 2 of 3 is a guarantee.

Coach34
04-22-2014, 10:40 PM

thats funny right there

Coach34
04-22-2014, 10:43 PM

what was our record in May and June when it matters most?

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2014, 11:00 PM

32nd as of now, after Illinois State had their RPI lowered by beating a DII team tonight.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2014, 11:03 PM

I'll give you that one. Well played, sir.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2014, 11:08 PM

I hope like hell I'm wrong and we host. No one would love to be wrong more than me. If we do host, I want my crow deep fried.

That said, we have a good shot of winning at least 2 this weekend. aTm is one of the bottom 4 that just flat sucks. But I gotta see it to get completely on board with the "we've improved" mantra being spouted right now. Outside of beating the BearSharks tonight, which was huge, we simply took care of business against a SWAC team in a game where we struggled to score runs and the worst SEC team in the conference. To me, the real test is Auburn in 2 weeks. They're in that logjam group along with us, so it should be two fairly even teams. If we beat them, I'll get excited in a hurry.