PDA

View Full Version : IF we go out to AZ this weekend and play well, will your confidence be restored?

RC3
03-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I think we are finally getting in a groove and I'm presinally not too worried, but if we go out there and win out or just drop one, we should be feeling good as sec play gets closer and closer. Big test for this team IMO

Jack Lambert
03-07-2014, 09:46 AM
I never lost my confidence. when you play 50 plus games you are going to lose some. That's why dropping from the polls isn't as dramactic as in other sports. We have not lost a weekend yet and that is always a good thing.

Political Hack
03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
really like to see that but confidence wise, but I don't think individual Wins and losses matter much before SEC play. Win a lot. lose a little. don't get beat by crappy RPI teams. Compete for an SEC Championship. Host a regional.

Coach34
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Was never worried. You will always have a few bumps in the road when you are replacing your SS and catcher.

messageboardsuperhero
03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I never lost confidence, so no- my confidence won't be "restored."

dawgclub99
03-07-2014, 10:16 AM
SEC schedule will always tell you where you are as a program. I am going to wait and see how we do there before I form an opinion about where this team is so far.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Traditionally we haven't played good on the Left Coast if I'm not mistaken... So it won't surprise me if we struggle, especially against Zona. That being said, I won't lose confidence even if we struggle out there. We were in the National Title game last year...we have got the right coach and great talent. No need in losing confidence for any reason

RC3
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Traditionally we haven't played good on the Left Coast if I'm not mistaken... So it won't surprise me if we struggle, especially against Zona. That being said, I won't lose confidence even if we struggle out there. We were in the National Title game last year...we have got the right coach and great talent. No need in losing confidence for any reason
Actually, and I may be wrong, but the UC-directional school may be better

Goat Holder
03-07-2014, 11:07 AM
It never left. I figured we would hit a rough patch this year due to a little cockiness. Wouldn't be surprised if we hit another. But the teams we've lost to aren't bad at all.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Actually, and I may be wrong, but the UC-directional school may be better

May be. I know Zona has struggled lately...but I'm mainly thinking about home field

HancockCountyDog
03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
May be. I know Zona has struggled lately...but I'm mainly thinking about home field

Arizona has been terrible this year - Im more worried about UCSB.

I really think we go 4-0 this weekend, I love the way we are playing.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Arizona has been terrible this year

Kiss of death

EdDawg
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
My confidence is still high even though in the heat of the moment I admit my confidence started to sway after the Holy Cross series. But I think it's important we know that we are going to get everyone's best shot especially from the mid major type programs.

quickstrike2
03-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I have alot of confidence in Cohen and the guys he brings in. I will say I was a little "humbled" by 4 loses right off. Its a long season, and there will be ups and downs. I would like to see us play good out west this weekend.

maroonmania
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm sold on our pitching at this point. I believe now, with the emergence of Heck at SS and Collins at C, I'm sold on our defense. I'm not yet sold on our offense by any means. We are still going to need excellent pitching and defense because a top line pitcher at this point can EASILY hold us to 2 or 3 runs. Hopefully our offense will heat up with the weather but we need to stop with so many popups and lazy flyouts.

HancockCountyDog
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm sold on our pitching at this point. I believe now, with the emergence of Heck at SS and Collins at C, I'm sold on our defense. I'm not yet sold on our offense by any means. We are still going to need excellent pitching and defense because a top line pitcher at this point can EASILY hold us to 2 or 3 runs. Hopefully our offense will heat up with the weather but we need to stop with so many popups and lazy flyouts.

Ive come to the place, that Im ok with the fact that we aren't going to score a lot of runs this year. That is simply not who we are. We will win as far as our pitching and defense carry us. If we pitch it and field it the way I think we can, we will only need to score 2-3 runs this year to win a lot of ball games.

Bothrops
03-07-2014, 01:33 PM
We could easily come out of this weekend at 2-2. I would certainly like to beat both clubs. I do think UCSB could be the best team we've faced yet. The weather is perfect for baseball in the sun baked desert.

HancockCountyDog
03-07-2014, 01:40 PM
We could easily come out of this weekend at 2-2. I would certainly like to beat both clubs. I do think UCSB could be the best team we've faced yet. The weather is perfect for baseball in the sun baked desert.

I'll be happy with 3-1, but I'll have my full winter coat of wool back on if we go 4-0 like I think we will. Anything else will be a pretty big disappointment and probably cost us spots in all major polls, which makes it harder and harder to lock down a top 8 seed.

tcdog70
03-07-2014, 03:49 PM
maybe warmer weather will make our bats hotter. Not too worried about our pitching.

preachermatt83
03-08-2014, 12:45 AM
I think we are finally getting in a groove and I'm presinally not too worried, but if we go out there and win out or just drop one, we should be feeling good as sec play gets closer and closer. Big test for this team IMO

well, this whole fuzzy deal got shot down real quick .

bully99
03-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Reading this thread after today, I'll just say wow