PDA

View Full Version : Varnado & Moultrie

Dawg61
03-07-2014, 01:09 AM
are both playing for the 76ers now. Sixers are rumored to be signing JV to a multi-year deal here soon. Something to keep an eye on.

BeardoMSU
03-07-2014, 01:11 AM
His first few games JV has gotten more pt than Moultrie.

BeardoMSU
03-07-2014, 01:13 AM
All Jarvis needs is minutes to show what he can do. Yes he's undersized, but he can play defense better than a lot of bigs out there. Its no coincidence that hes been the best big man in the D league the past 2 years.

TheRef
03-07-2014, 01:25 AM
SWAT and the knee on the same team? I like it.

Schultzy
03-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Hope they're good pros bc they never played in the ncaa's

Raytoraid83
03-07-2014, 02:10 AM

Here's a good history lesson for you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxCm1S-iac

Raytoraid83
03-07-2014, 02:17 AM
And another moment in history

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=284000017

thf24
03-07-2014, 08:02 AM
I hate that Varnado was stuck with the Heat for so long. He obviously wasn't going to crack that lineup consistently, but there were plenty of other places in the league he could have been contributing. I'm glad he's finally getting his chance.

TXDawg
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Who was little prick that played for UT during that time? His recruitment came down to MSU and UT and (I believe) he switched to UT late and bad-mouthed us at the end. Vanardo ended up having one of his best blocks ever against him (anybody got that picture)?

Coach34
03-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Hopson

DawgInMemphis
03-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Who was little prick that played for UT during that time? His recruitment came down to MSU and UT and (I believe) he switched to UT late and bad-mouthed us at the end. Vanardo ended up having one of his best blocks ever against him (anybody got that picture)?

Scotty Hopson.

TXDawg
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Scotty Hopson.

That's him.

Here's Varnado in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGACVsZfvSM

TheDogFather
03-07-2014, 09:37 AM

I'll be slammed for this but I can't resist....

Stansbury ruined their careers.

Bert Stare
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Another interesting note: The 76ers are the team that shows the most interest in drafting Rodney Hood. They have 2 first round draft picks (both lottery), and the 2nd pick has long been rumored to be Hood. I know he isn't really a bulldog now, but to have 3 former MSU players on the same NBA team is insane. I think they are are only former MSU players in the NBA (once Hood gets drafted).

thf24
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
(anybody got that picture)?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=438&d=1394203167

rrog17
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Isn't Dee Bost doing well in D league? Would love to see him get a shot.

whosyourdawgy
03-07-2014, 10:05 AM

Are there supposed to be sarcastericks by this somewhere? You are kidding right? Jarvis Varnado is Stansbury's best example of actually developing a basketball player in my opinion. He took a wirey kid that wasn't recruited too heavily and got him in the NBA. You can't really teach his shot blocking ability but he improved every single year he played for us. He didn't ruin his career. He got him one.

Same could be said for Moultrie. He was going nowhere fast then transferred to us and 2 years later he's in the NBA.

We will just disagree on this one.

jumbo
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Isn't Dee Bost doing well in D league? Would love to see him get a shot.

Pretty sure he is, if I remember correctly he just played in the d league all star game

bully99
03-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Hopson and his mama were bought off by Bruce Pearl. Committed to State for two years and signs with Tennessee. But Stains couldn't say anything because when you point that finger, you got three pointing back.

tcdog70
03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Here's a good history lesson for you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxCm1S-iac

Thanks for the memories. How did we win with all those cancers on the team?

Raytoraid83
03-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the memories. How did we win with all those cancers on the team?

Pretty sad the basketball spin has gotten so bad, posters are claiming players that played in the ncaa tournament 2 of the 4 years they were in uniform, never played in one. I thought it was time for Stansbury to go too, but damn lets not act like his time here was full of nothing but fights in the stands.

RossDawg82
03-07-2014, 11:28 AM
I hate that Varnado was stuck with the Heat for so long. He obviously wasn't going to crack that lineup consistently, but there were plenty of other places in the league he could have been contributing. I'm glad he's finally getting his chance.

I agree but just image the knowledge that he has taken from watching and practicing with that team. I promise he would not be the player he is right now if he hadn't spent time on that team.

RossDawg82
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM

Yeah that was a pretty stupid comment.

thf24
03-07-2014, 11:52 AM
I agree but just image the knowledge that he has taken from watching and practicing with that team. I promise he would not be the player he is right now if he hadn't spent time on that team.

Great point. I bet he learned a ton from Bosh, as they're fairly similar in terms of size and build.

TheDogFather
03-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Are there supposed to be sarcastericks by this somewhere? You are kidding right? Jarvis Varnado is Stansbury's best example of actually developing a basketball player in my opinion. He took a wirey kid that wasn't recruited too heavily and got him in the NBA. You can't really teach his shot blocking ability but he improved every single year he played for us. He didn't ruin his career. He got him one.

Same could be said for Moultrie. He was going nowhere fast then transferred to us and 2 years later he's in the NBA.

We will just disagree on this one.

Completely laced with sarcasm. Only typed what Coach was thinking.

Schultzy
03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I'll blame my mistake on the hour.