PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard whose starting tomorrow?

preachermatt83
03-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Is Cohen gonna run Woody out there again to walk half the team? hoping to see bracewell, fitts, Hudson, and Sexton starting this weekend.

TheRef
03-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Friday (1): Bracewell
Friday (2): Woodruff
Saturday: Fitts
Sunday: TBA

preachermatt83
03-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Friday (1): Bracewell
Friday (2): Woodruff
Saturday: Fitts
Sunday: TBA

thanks Ref... I think Cohen is getting Bracewell positioned to be our Friday night guy.. As he should!

Todd4State
03-07-2014, 02:11 AM
thanks Ref... I think Cohen is getting Bracewell positioned to be our Friday night guy.. As he should!

It certainly appears that way- but I think Bracewell will still be more of a five inning type guy and then we bring in Ross or maybe Dakota or Cox.

I think Fitts should be the Saturday guy. He's going to eat innings for us and allow us to use our bullpen on Friday and Sunday.

I would start Woodruff on Sunday and allow him to get back in shape. As he is right now- he's still as good or better than most teams #3 guy. Plus, I think he will get better and better as the season progresses.

messageboardsuperhero
03-07-2014, 08:11 AM
What I don't get is why we're pitching Woodruff in the nightcap game. Cohen's been saying for weeks that all he needs is some warmer weather, but it'll be in the 50s at night there, as opposed to the 70s during the day game.

Cohen must really see something he likes in the Arizona matchup.

The Croom Diaries
03-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I agree Todd. And to that point and MBhero's it would seem better to start Woody on Sunday when the game starts at 5:00 local time instead of 7:00.

Having to burn Ross Mitchell so early in two out of three weekends on Friday night isn't good. If it happens tonight I'd imagine Woody gets switched to Sunday for the UGA series. Hudson could be a dynamic set up man throwing gas as well. Not that I'm writing him off as a starter, but BB, Fitts and Woody is an excellent weekend rotation I think.

Doc
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Is Cohen gonna run Woody out there again to walk half the team? hoping to see bracewell, fitts, Hudson, and Sexton starting this weekend.

I found it interesting that we used our 2 best pitchers out of the pen against USA wed; but then I checked rpi's USA has a higher rpi than we do and a much higher rpi than the teams we play this weekend.

TheRef
03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
I found it interesting that we used our 2 best pitchers out of the pen against USA wed; but then I checked rpi's USA has a higher rpi than we do and a much higher rpi than the teams we play this weekend.

It is still pretty early to be looking at RPI but USA is still a good team.

messageboardsuperhero
03-07-2014, 08:34 AM

After looking at the box score from that game, I bet Mitchell and Lindgren could both pitch today and be fine. Ross only threw 40 pitches (which is not that much at all for his rubber arm), and Lindgren threw less than 20. Both guys did pitch, but not that much.

Plus, as you said, the South Alabama game was pretty important.