PDA

View Full Version : Students to be able to purchase guest tickets for student section this fall

ShotgunDawg
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
What are the unintended consequences of this?

I think it will help keep the student section full, but full of who?

Auburn students?
Auburn fans?
Southern Miss students?

If we sell out of tickets and the only way to get a tickets is to get an MSU student to purchase a guest student section ticket, will students be buying tickets for Alabama fans in two years?

What are the unintended consequences of this?

Todd4State
03-06-2014, 07:32 PM
One of the benefits of being in the band is we could buy student season tickets for however much it cost- like 25 bucks for the season- and then sell them. This was particulary lucrative in 1998 and 1999.

But I always sold my tickets to other MSU students.

Now we didn't have Stubhub back then either where you have no idea who you are selling tickets to- so, it's possibly totally different now.

It's just one of those things where we are going to have to wait and see and figure it all out. I know that as a MSU fan, I would not want to sit in anyone else's student section anywhere in the SEC.

I think it could be good because we will hopefully have people that want to not only come for the games, but also stay at the games.

smootness
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I sat in the student section in Athens when State came to play painted head to toe in maroon, and it was glorious.

dawgs
03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
are the student guest tickets only going to be the student tickets left after the window for students to buy season tickets? if so, then i have no problem regardless of who ends up buying the tix. there will inevitably be some opposing fans buying them, but hopefully more msu fans. but surely we won't be turning away students who want to buy season tickets because they are holding back student guest tickets or allow students to buy guest tickets when they the season ticket buying window opens and all the students that get their orders in first are claiming a season's worth of guest tickets.

Political Hack
03-06-2014, 08:21 PM
they've got to fill the expansion up. this is pretty creative and I like it if it's done on a limited basis. should help fill seats in the inter-state games especially... USM, JSU, Alcorn, etc...

Todd4State
03-06-2014, 10:50 PM
they've got to fill the expansion up. this is pretty creative and I like it if it's done on a limited basis. should help fill seats in the inter-state games especially... USM, JSU, Alcorn, etc...

USM should have a good crowd- and I'm not talking about their fans of course. First game of the year and against an in-state team that we haven't played in 20 something years. New expansion and coming off of a bowl win with a Heisman contender QB.

Our worst crowd of the year by far was the Kentucky game which was scheduled on a Thursday night during fall break. That was as dumb as the Snow Bowl tribute and scheduling Oklahoma State.