PDA

View Full Version : Lawgate... More info

mic
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Im sure everyone read the the "story" Mr. David 24/7 did on Law. He interviewed the mother and basically asked her every question to try and show the article that was dropped here on ED have zero merit and was made up.

This is straight from from Utah staff member..

What actually what went down the few hours prior to OM "doing whats in the kids best interest" and letting him out of his LOI..
Yes the signatures were very much in question, but not the ones that Utah had.
When OM was contacted about the situation from Utah CDF called their bluff. I guess he thought he would big boy them and get the Kid.. Utah not only was going to get the Pac 12 but got the NCAA involved.
Utah knew what they had.. Video of the signing day (which the mother didn't even attend). A Faxed in LOI with the proper signatures. They knew because they matched signatures from ones they previously had from a signed waiver on his official visit. When the NCAA contacted Utah for all paper work they sent it to them.. When they contacted OM for the paper work .. Yep OM declined. So all that BS about CHF doing whats best for the kid and letting him make his own mind up since he was confused at the time is just that BS.. They got caught and caught quick...

And on that article. It was brought to attention of some of the staff there at Utah and they said it was basically all a lie..
They had met the mother before but very few times. She wasn't around much.. Coach Erickson was the lead recruiter for Law . He had met the ENTIRE family .. The kid lived with his aunt and other family members . The dad lived close by and was around all the time Utah visited. The mother may have lived there they weren't sure but she was basically never around .. Coach Erickson relationship was thru the dad along with the high school coach. They actually felt so confident that Law was coming to Utah, Coach Willingham never even did a in home with him. Met him only on his official visit.. OM wasn't even in the picture till the very end , that's why Utah was so shocked when this went down.. OM contact was only thru the mother and probably after they knew they were missing out on some guys did what OM always does...
Bottom line was the kid got to go where he wanted to go and play Football and CHF basically tried to steal a kid and keep him from going where he actually wanted to go play college football and further his education....

That's the story..

Homedawg
03-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Good stuff tks

BeastMan
03-06-2014, 06:39 PM
http://phillyshomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/meme-notbad-1.jpg

Todd4State
03-06-2014, 06:44 PM
I still don't understand why Ole Miss thought that they could pull this off.

CadaverDawg
03-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Probably bc they figured that regardless of how it ended up, he would help their signing day ranking and publicity. And I'm not joking.

It's all about winning signing day and the presses to Freeze. He has to use Propaganda to keep their moron fans from seeing the reality of things like losing 4 of 5 while winning signing day the last 5 years.

mic
03-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Get the mom.. get her to convince her son to do whats best for the "family" and use the we got his LOI first as defense..
It is still also very strange that if they got the LOI early that morning like they said but it didn't come out till around lunch.. all their sites posted up to the second when all the other LOI's came rolling in just not on that one..

Political Hack
03-06-2014, 08:28 PM
strange how they knew to hold the announcement on that one... no?

mic
03-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Exactly...

BeastMan
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM

Law was announced as the 17th signee via the official Ole Miss football twitter. Right after Christian Russell and right before AJ Moore. I'd be curious to know what time David says his NLI came in. An interesting discrepancy if nothing more.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
the article is on 247 is it not?

mic
03-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Law was announced as the 17th signee via the official Ole Miss football twitter. Right after Christian Russell and right before AJ Moore. I'd be curious to know what time David says his NLI came in. An interesting discrepancy if nothing more.

Looks like it may have been closer to 10 than noon...

Todd4State
03-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Probably bc they figured that regardless of how it ended up, he would help their signing day ranking and publicity. And I'm not joking.

It's all about winning signing day and the presses to Freeze. He has to use Propaganda to keep their moron fans from seeing the reality of things like losing 4 of 5 while winning signing day the last 5 years.

That propaganda is what is going to kill their football program.

If it comes down to the final spot and they have a choice between a four star slot WR/scatback when they have seven or eight guys on the team like that and a two star o-lineman that would have to be developed and would help give them depth and fill a need, we all know what choice they are making every single time.

CadaverDawg
03-06-2014, 10:55 PM
That propaganda is what is going to kill their football program.

If it comes down to the final spot and they have a choice between a four star slot WR/scatback when they have seven or eight guys on the team like that and a two star o-lineman that would have to be developed and would help give them depth and fill a need, we all know what choice they are making every single time.

Yep, you nailed it with that analogy

deltadawg99
03-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Didn't they also try to pull this a few years ago with a DB that signed with Texas A&M? I remember Nutt saying something like "his mom really wanted him to go to OM"

Todd4State
03-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Didn't they also try to pull this a few years ago with a DB that signed with Texas A&M? I remember Nutt saying something like "his mom really wanted him to go to OM"

I don't know if it was exactly the same, but it certainly was similar at the very least. I think the player's name was Raven something?

missouridawg
03-06-2014, 11:38 PM

Floyd Raven. 4 star DB out of New Orleans. Every signing day since, I text my aTm fans and ask them who is this years' Floyd Raven. Turned out to be Law this year.

AlSwearengen
03-07-2014, 12:00 AM
they push the envelope from so many different angles and every year they have at least one recruit that has a lot of drama surrounding their recruitment/signing. And I am not talking about the typical recruiting drama, but very unusual drama that you can't make up.

Dawg61
03-07-2014, 12:10 AM
How can the Ole Miss fans stand behind their coaches doing shit like this? Nevermind they are Ole Miss fans.

BeardoMSU
03-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Nevermind they are Ole Miss fans.

http://i.imgur.com/ggPUBI0.gif?1

Jack Lambert
03-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Just trying to win signing day is going to spell doom for Freeze. I suspect they will haver another 6 to 7 win season.

thf24
03-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Floyd Raven. 4 star DB out of New Orleans. Every signing day since, I text my aTm fans and ask them who is this years' Floyd Raven. Turned out to be Law this year.

You would think they would have realized by now that kids who want to be somewhere else but are forced into their program usually don't pan out. You would think.

jimbo352
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
There's only one thing I don't understand...

Why were several family members wearing Ole Miss gear at his signing ceremony???? If it was a done deal for Utah from the beginning, and Ole Miss just tried to steal him, why did some of his family members think he was picking Ole Miss that day.

I'm not saying his recruitment wasn't shady, but I think there are some facts missing in your story.

smootness
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I didn't see any Ole Miss gear at the signing day. I heard that, but then I watched the video and all I saw was Utah.

The bottom line is, I've only heard of 3 cases ever in which a kid sent a LOI to multiple schools or in which the debtor sent in a LOI one place and ended up somewhere else...and all 3 cases involve Ole Miss. And in each case, the shady part seemed to be on the Ole Miss side, and in each case the kid didn't end up at Ole Miss.

Coach34
03-07-2014, 10:50 AM
I didn't see any Ole Miss gear at the signing day. I heard that, but then I watched the video and all I saw was Utah.

The bottom line is, I've only heard of 3 cases ever in which a kid sent a LOI to multiple schools or in which the debtor sent in a LOI one place and ended up somewhere else...and all 3 cases involve Ole Miss. And in each case, the shady part seemed to be on the Ole Miss side, and in each case the kid didn't end up at Ole Miss.

Utah is red also- that may be where the confusion came in? I havent watched the video. Anybody have a link?

mic
03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
There's only one thing I don't understand...

Why were several family members wearing Ole Miss gear at his signing ceremony???? If it was a done deal for Utah from the beginning, and Ole Miss just tried to steal him, why did some of his family members think he was picking Ole Miss that day.

I'm not saying his recruitment wasn't shady, but I think there are some facts missing in your story.

It doesn't matter to me if Col. Reb himself was there. When I was told the NCAA asked for the documents from both schools and Utah agreed and sent what they had and OM declined and "let him out" of his LOI is all I need to know..

jimbo352
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I have no doubt it's dirty somehow, but it is odd that there were several family members wearing Ole Miss gear in the back. I don't have the video, it was a local broadcast so you might be able to google it. However, when the camera pans out you can see Ole Miss on a shirt or two. Lady( I think it was his aunt) even looked confused, but someone could have farted. ;)

There's obviously something going on, but I don't think Utah was the clear favorite or lock. I think it was a close, and OM probably attempted to get him any way they could once they realized he was going to Utah. Lots of outlets had OM in the lead(if they decided to offer) just a few weeks/days prior to signing day.