PDA

View Full Version : Denzel suspension

LeakyD
03-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Is Bucky acknowledging the the 2013 beatdown by suspending Denzel? If not, then why didn't he suspend S. Bryant, as well. His arrest seems just as bad as Denzel's 2014 incident? More fake accountability to me.

AlSwearengen
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
apparently, denzel is a huge pain in the ass that they are constantly having to cover for. It may be that he finally got a slap on the wrist for constantly breaking rules/laws.

Dawgdom
03-06-2014, 04:36 PM
My understanding is the suspension for Lil' Nkim was for his arrest not the beat down.

Political Hack
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
it's a litigation move to place him in a temporary status that reduces his potential future earnings so as to question the likelihood of him being able to ever pay out $2M. Trying to force the other attorney to settle.

However, it's dumb because now it'll force the other attorney to consider pursing other potential liabilities, such as anyone who may have been involved in a cover up.

hells bells
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
it's a litigation move to place him in a temporary status that reduces his potential future earnings so as to question the likelihood of him being able to ever pay out $2M. Trying to force the other attorney to settle.

However, it's dumb because now it'll force the other attorney to consider pursing other potential liabilities, such as anyone who may have been involved in a cover up.

As said yesterday, big fire behind all that smoke. To me a coach covering his ass thinking all hell is about to break loose.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-07-2014, 10:33 AM

There's 0% chance this is an accurate statement. Hell, you don't even have the correct brother with the big NFL earning potential in your scenario. The real reason is probably because all those rumors of Denzel partying with Marshall and getting in trouble night in and night out are likely true.

Political Hack
03-07-2014, 10:47 AM
There's 0% chance this is an accurate statement. Hell, you don't even have the correct brother with the big NFL earning potential in your scenario. The real reason is probably because all those rumors of Denzel partying with Marshall and getting in trouble night in and night out are likely true.

there's 0% chance you understand what you're talking about. The NFL does not care about where you ranked coming out of high school. They care about where you rank coming out of college. Denzel is a tweener at OLB that can cover the hybrid TEs. For the very same reason Matt Wells will be a successful pro, Denzel will be given an opportunity to be one. not saying he'll succeed, but he will be given the chance. his potential level of success is not comparable to Kimchee's level of success. all that matters is that he is an NFL prospect.

Now let me explain your lack of insight and knowledge on these issues. 1+0 does not equal 2. They likely don't have enough on little Kimchee so the defense feels comfortable about where they are with him. They don't feel comfortable with Denzel. They take the major aggressor's earning potential off the table and claim that it's a frivolous lawsuit aimed at lil' Kimchee due to his likelihood of being successful, even though he was mostly just a bystander. So, in essence, your failed attempt to explain why there's a "0% chance" that this is true, is actually an obvious reason why it is likely to be true.

Also, the lack of suspension for Bryant or Kimchee makes it pretty obvious that the $2 MILLION LAWSUIT against Denzel may... just maybe... might... could possibly... have a little something to do with his suspension. If you think Denzel has done something worse than that to get suspended, please enlighten us.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
there's 0% chance you understand what you're talking about. The NFL does not care about where you ranked coming out of high school. They care about where you rank coming out of college. Denzel is a tweener at OLB that can cover the hybrid TEs. For the very same reason Matt Wells will be a successful pro, Denzel will be given an opportunity to be one. not saying he'll succeed, but he will be given the chance. his potential level of success is not comparable to Kimchee's level of success. all that matters is that he is an NFL prospect.

Now let me explain your lack of insight and knowledge on these issues. 1+0 does not equal 2. They likely don't have enough on little Kimchee so the defense feels comfortable about where they are with him. They don't feel comfortable with Denzel. They take the major aggressor's earning potential off the table and claim that it's a frivolous lawsuit aimed at lil' Kimchee due to his likelihood of being successful, even though he was mostly just a bystander. So, in essence, your failed attempt to explain why there's a "0% chance" that this is true, is actually an obvious reason why it is likely to be true.

Also, the lack of suspension for Bryant or Kimchee makes it pretty obvious that the $2 MILLION LAWSUIT against Denzel may... just maybe... might... could possibly... have a little something to do with his suspension. If you think Denzel has done something worse than that to get suspended, please enlighten us.

you are making a hell of a lot of assumptions there that are not likely true at all, and likely missing a boatload of additional information. are you now an attorney too, or did you just stay at a holiday inn last night?

If they wanted to make the lawsuit disappear so badly that they would use this as a tactic, why not just dismiss him altogether? Them suspending him does not add to his "character issues" for the NFL - pretty sure all the arrests and the lawsuit and everything else does that quite nicely already. As a general rule of thumb, I've learned that if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably not an elephant, no matter how much one wants it to be.

TheRef
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
EliteDawgs, where you can get a law, sports, and weather education in one hour.

Thick
03-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Nice!!

starkvegasdawg
03-07-2014, 11:51 AM

Don't forget sex ed too. Can't sell Platinum's posts short.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Don't forget sex ed too. Can't sell Platinum's posts short.

the most important (and educational) aspect of all!

EdDawg
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
I think Wells will get a shot on a roster because of his height and speed. Those are very important in covering these hybrid TE's. Denzel has neither of those. He is 5'11 and not near the athlete that Wells is. I don't think an NFL team will look at Denzel much at all.

Todd4State
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I think Wells will get a shot on a roster because of his height and speed. Those are very important in covering these hybrid TE's. Denzel has neither of those. He is 5'11 and not near the athlete that Wells is. I don't think an NFL team will look at Denzel much at all.

Not with his character issues.

Homedawg
03-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Not with his character issues.

Come on now, I think u are underestimating Bucky and his power of pray and help****

Jack Lambert
03-07-2014, 01:33 PM

I tend to disagree. The guy has already been a All American and All SEC twice. That carries some weight with the NFL. If he gets his act together and make the All SEC team a few more times I think it will at lest get him invited to the combind and that will get him drafted or at lest he will get picked up by someone as a undrafted free agent. He will get a shot. It might not be line backer but he will get a shot.

HancockCountyDog
03-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Lil Kimmchee has no shot at the pros. The guy is maybe 5'11" 200lbs and plays LB. He has no shot in the NFL. None.

Anyone comparing Wells, who is 6'3" 230 lbs, and runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash to lil kimmchee has simply lost it. Wells is a NFL OLB. Kimchee is a one hit wonder who made plays on a piss poor bear team, that got jumped on the depth chart last year by the bears' other felon LB, the Bryant kid that was actually pretty damn good.

Todd4State
03-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Lil Kimmchee has no shot at the pros. The guy is maybe 5'11" 200lbs and plays LB. He has no shot in the NFL. None.

Anyone comparing Wells, who is 6'3" 230 lbs, and runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash to lil kimmchee has simply lost it. Wells is a NFL OLB. Kimchee is a one hit wonder who made plays on a piss poor bear team, that got jumped on the depth chart last year by the bears' other felon LB, the Bryant kid that was actually pretty damn good.

Exactly. His best shot at the NFL is as a special teamer and even that is a stretch.

HancockCountyDog
03-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Exactly. His best shot at the NFL is as a special teamer and even that is a stretch.

His best shot at the NFL is to hope some NFL team confuses him with his brother and accidently drafts him.

Tbaen
03-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Hack, I disagree that it is a "litigation move." I tell clients to not even think about getting a trial until at least a year passes after filing a lawsuit. If I get a trial date in 12-18 months I'm pretty happy with that. Then there is the near-inevitable continuance. If the suspension were to be a legal strategy, it's one of mutual destruction, because if they want to keep him off the field until the case is over he ain't playing football until August 2015 (in all likelihood) at the soonest.

Also, don't get too hung up on the fact they asked for 2 million. This isn't near a 2 million dollar case from what I've read (the victim isn't paralyzed, brain damaged etc). When you file a case you have to ask for something so you just pick a number literally out of thin air that is more than what you would settle for and/or more than the court's jurisdictional limits. In fact, you often don't even ask for a number. In this case, it was smart to put that crazy number out there because the media was sure to report it. The value of a case doesn't have anything directly to do with the net worth of the defendant. You can get a 2 million dollar judgement against anyone. It's whether it's collectable that's important.

Now, net worth does come in to play when you talk about punitive damages, but in practice that's a moot point. Extremely few cases ever go to punitives. Just doesn't happen. Even if it did, the max this guy could get would be about 10X actuals. And that would be perfect storm stuff--and perfect storms rarely happen in lawsuits. I haven't been part of one on either side of a case in almost 2 decades.

That's it for torts. Contracts at 3.

Political Hack
03-07-2014, 02:44 PM
you are making a hell of a lot of assumptions there that are not likely true at all, and likely missing a boatload of additional information. are you now an attorney too, or did you just stay at a holiday inn last night?

If they wanted to make the lawsuit disappear so badly that they would use this as a tactic, why not just dismiss him altogether? Them suspending him does not add to his "character issues" for the NFL - pretty sure all the arrests and the lawsuit and everything else does that quite nicely already. As a general rule of thumb, I've learned that if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably not an elephant, no matter how much one wants it to be.

are you seriously that thick? man. Do you want me to explain to you why we didn't just dismiss Renardo Sydney too? Cut Kimchee's brother and see how well that turns out for them. please Lord make that happen.

And just in case you're not keeping up here: $2 million duck > disorderly conduct duck.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM
are you seriously that thick? man. Do you want me to explain to you why we didn't just dismiss Renardo Sydney too? Cut Kimchee's brother and see how well that turns out for them. please Lord make that happen.

And just in case you're not keeping up here: $2 million duck > disorderly conduct duck.

try reading Tbaen's post. your conspiracy theory here has no merit. that's all I am saying.

Political Hack
03-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Hack, I disagree that it is a "litigation move." I tell clients to not even think about getting a trial until at least a year passes after filing a lawsuit. If I get a trial date in 12-18 months I'm pretty happy with that. Then there is the near-inevitable continuance. If the suspension were to be a legal strategy, it's one of mutual destruction, because if they want to keep him off the field until the case is over he ain't playing football until August 2015 (in all likelihood) at the soonest.

Also, don't get too hung up on the fact they asked for 2 million. This isn't near a 2 million dollar case from what I've read (the victim isn't paralyzed, brain damaged etc). When you file a case you have to ask for something so you just pick a number literally out of thin air that is more than what you would settle for and/or more than the court's jurisdictional limits. In fact, you often don't even ask for a number. In this case, it was smart to put that crazy number out there because the media was sure to report it. The value of a case doesn't have anything directly to do with the net worth of the defendant. You can get a 2 million dollar judgement against anyone. It's whether it's collectable that's important.

Now, net worth does come in to play when you talk about punitive damages, but in practice that's a moot point. Extremely few cases ever go to punitives. Just doesn't happen. Even if it did, the max this guy could get would be about 10X actuals. And that would be perfect storm stuff--and perfect storms rarely happen in lawsuits. I haven't been part of one on either side of a case in almost 2 decades.

I respect your thoughts on this, but are you seriously trying to suggest that their status as football players and future earning potentials is unlikely a motivating factor for the firm that filed the suit? com' on man.

Also, I agree it's a poor strategy and said so in my original post. in addition, the timeframe in this is very different from other civil cases because it does involve students and student athletes. the pace of this case will not be defined by the standard.

I can't begin to imagine why anyone would think the suspension has anything to do with anything other than the giant link elephant in the room. it's like saying that other kid is suspended for curfew reasons after he was accused of sexual assault.

the only thing I can see as somewhat defensible in this entire thread is big Kimchee's NFL ability. But he's the exact same player as Charles Mitchell except he has experience at OLB, which is one of the few spots on NFL defenses where they'll take speciality players (special teams, 3rd down coverage guys, etc...). He fits that mold IMO. Now don't get me wrong, he's not anywhere close to Wells who I think is a 2-3 round guy, but he will make mini-camp somewhere a fight for a roster spot.

PassInterference
03-07-2014, 04:35 PM

That's pretty interesting. Thanks for your take on that.

bulldawg28
03-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Kmendecher has a great chance of getting a chance at the NFL. Making plays in the SEC opens the doors for anyone and Kmendechrtrsdg has done that.

hells bells
03-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Hack