PDA

View Full Version : Where would our basketball program be if Stans would have taken the Clemson job......

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2014, 11:25 AM
In 2010, and who would have been hired at the time to replace him????

In all seriousness if he would have left for Clemson I have to believe that our program would still be in a great situation to contend for the NCAA tournament every year.

Rewind to 2010 we lost a heart breaker in OT against Kentucky in the finals of the SEC tourney but went on to make the NIT and finish 24-12. After the season Clemson came calling, Stans interviewed and ultimately turned them down.

The reason I bring this up is because it allows both pro-Stans and anti-Stans posters to discuss how things would be different.

Some of the coaches who were hired in 2010 included

Tony Barbee- Auburn (Struggled)
Leon Rice - Boise St (made the tourney last year)
Steve Donahue- Boston college (struggled)
Tad Boyle- Colorado (made the tourney about to make it again)
Greg McDermott- Creighton (3 straight tourneys)
Fran McCafferey- Iowa (about to make the tourney)
Fred Hoiberg- Iowa State (back to back tourneys)
Oregon- Dana Altman (back to back tourneys)
Kevin Willard- Seton hall (struggled)
Steve Lavin- St. Johns (up and down bubble team)
Tim Floyd- UTEP (solid team in C-USA)
Jeff Bzdelik- Wake Forest (turned things around beat Duke, UNC, NC ST this year)

Looking at that list I truly believe that If Stans would have wen to Clemson we could have hired a Tim Floyd (a Mississippi Native) who we all know can recruit and win.

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2014, 12:04 PM

bully99
03-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Tim Floyd? Are you serious. Floyd would never have been hired.He's a baggage carrier just like Pearl, and Kermit.

At msu, we just hire the politically correct. Next time we should just go after the best coach, minus the pc and the baggage carriers.

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the Cohen hire Politically Correct, especially with Polk wanting his boy Raffo to get the job.

We have to break away from the PC mold and hire THE BEST AVAILABLE!

Homedawg
03-06-2014, 12:35 PM
The difference is Cohen didn't have NCAA baggage. Floyd did. And thank goodness Ron Polk wasn't making the hire.

AROB44
03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Hate to say it, but my favorite football coach (JWS) had a tid bit of baggage and we hired him. Wouldn't call that a PC hire.

EMDawg
03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Depends. If we would have hired RR, we'd probably be looking at the NIT bubble still.

Homedawg
03-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Your right. He did. And they kept a hard on for him for his entire career here and we paid for it. Even though I admit it was worth the price.

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Hate to say it, but my favorite football coach (JWS) had a tid bit of baggage and we hired him. Wouldn't call that a PC hire.

THIS GUY GETS IT

Coach34
03-06-2014, 01:52 PM
We would be 10 times better off...would have been much easier to hire someone pre-dumpster fire

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM
We would be 10 times better off...would have been much easier to hire someone pre-dumpster fire

But what about you 34? You would be lost, if that happened. Your love/hate relationship would have been shattered.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
But what about you 34? You would be lost, if that happened. Your love/hate relationship would have been shattered.

I'd be fine chief. That would have been a win/win for everyone. Instead, our program got nuked and Stands is having to hope Auburn's shitty ass will hire him.

Five-tool Poster
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd be fine chief. That would have been a win/win for everyone. Instead, our program got nuked and Stands is having to hope Auburn's shitty ass will hire him.

Auburn is less shitty than we are.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Auburn is less shitty than we are.

for the first time in how many years? Not to mention Ray is 2-1 vs Auburn

Five-tool Poster
03-06-2014, 03:33 PM

Since before Stans probably.

MS_half-step
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Have to think things would have been better, can't be worse.

bgdog
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM
At msu, we just hire the politically correct.

Outside of Croom when did we just hire the "politically correct?"

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
"I'd be fine chief. That would have been a win/win for everyone. Instead, our program got nuked and Stands is having to hope Auburn's shitty ass will hire him."

I know you are big on cute names, but please don't refer to me with one. I ain't chief, buddy , bro or whatever. Its a pet peeve that I have and I have had it too long to do anything about.
Thanks.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
haaaa, ok shannon

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Just Shannon an not Mr Shannon. hehehehe. Thanks for understanding..

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
McDermott and Hoiberg can coach. I'd love to have either of them. Hoiberg will never leave Iowa St. though. Man that school hit a grand slam with him.

TheDogFather
03-06-2014, 11:50 PM

Your desire to deflate Stansbury and inflate Ray knows know bounds. In the same post you say Auburn is shitty and then brag about beating them. We are ****ing last in the SEC which is as pathetic as it has ever been. Rick Ray should be fired and find a junior college somewhere to run into the ground.