PDA

View Full Version : Is Kennedy in trouble?

bully99
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
OM was embarrassed 110 80 and it was much worse than that score. Tsun has lost 6 of 7' Some bear fans mummling to themselves that last year was a fluke and it's time for a change.

Didn't realize the bears had won 6 straight against Arkansas and 4 straight at Walton arena. Why can't we win up there.

CadaverDawg
03-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Would anybody trade Ray for Kennedy straight up? Just curious

bully99
03-05-2014, 11:52 PM
For those of us that go back a long way and remember kennedy giving us the shaft in the mid eighties, probably not. He's on my hated list with Forcade, Tuohy and McAlister .Young folk may feel differently.

Coach34
03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I think Kennedy is in no way in trouble in Oxford...he got an extension after last season. They arent paying him 4-5 million to go away.

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 12:08 AM

Does that come with or without cocaine and an awful shooting chart? Do we also get a crackhead that wins the SECCG and goes as far as Stansbury ever did in the NCAA tournament too? Is neither an option? If so I'm picking neither.

CadaverDawg
03-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Does that come with or without cocaine and an awful shooting chart? Do we also get a crackhead that wins the SECCG and goes as far as Stansbury ever did in the NCAA tournament too? Is neither an option? If so I'm picking neither.

Same rosters, just trade coaches. Would you? Assume you have to have one of them...which one you want?

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Same rosters, just trade coaches. Would you?

No. I'd hire Bruce Pearl.

CadaverDawg
03-06-2014, 12:15 AM
No. I'd hire Bruce Pearl.

Did you miss the "assume" part?

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Did you miss the "assume" part?

Yes did you add that part? My answer is option C. Hope option C isn't a box of AIDS.

TheDogFather
03-06-2014, 02:16 AM

Would anybody trade Rick Ray for Rick Stansbury?

mstatefan91
03-06-2014, 03:28 AM
No, Rick Ray before Kennedy any day. Don't forget what the idiot did up in NYC. Even if we have to hire a new coach (not necessarily 100% gonna happen), it's still better than having a coach in the 21st century branding us as a racist institution.
Seriously? That has to be incredibly embarrassing as a university.

Winning is not everything. IMO. Treating fellow human beings as fellow human beings is more important at this point in my life. If you disagree then you may need to rethink some things.

codeDawg
03-06-2014, 06:59 AM

Kennedy is a known quantity. He is aweful. Ray has potential. I'll take Ray.

C222
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
OM could get Michael White now. I would fire Kennedy.

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
The folks wanting to get rid of Kennedy should get a message board campaign going. My suggestion is to contact 34 and use him and his minions as consultants or better still daily posters to that end.

Martianlander
03-06-2014, 08:46 AM

I'll take Ray. The jury may still be out on him but every time I've watched them at least his teams hustle. Let's give him another year to succeed (hopefully). Kennedy has shown in his years he's a NIT type coach.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Stands would make a good assistant for Ray. Put a recruiter with a good X and O guy. It would be like Williams/Stands all over again.

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Stands would make a good assistant for Ray. Put a recruiter with a good X and O guy. It would be like Williams/Stands all over again.

I'd be ok with Robert Kirby running the show and Stansbury being his top assistant/recruiter. No way it'd happen though.

C222
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I'd be ok with Robert Kirby running the show and Stansbury being his top assistant/recruiter. No way it'd happen though.

You spend your entire day trying to tell everyone that we should fire Rick Ray but you want to hire Robert Kirby??? The guy who has had several interviews with shitty schools and still can't get a head coaching job? Hahaha.

TrueMaroon
03-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Would anybody trade Rick Ray for Rick Stansbury?

I would.

mic
03-06-2014, 09:39 AM
So a "Is AK in trouble" thread. has already about to turn into a basically bring Stands back thread or fire RR thread..
And you all wonder why C34 has to go to his Why Stands had to go Card because most of you all wont let him go.....

If he hadn't gone to the Dance last year he would be gone.. And Bjork didn't do any favors to the many Fire AK backers they have by giving him that extension last year.. AK better hope Summers doesn't test the NBA waters and I have heard from some people that Snoop wants out. He and AK don't mix at all. Too bad for him he waited this long he will be a SR.. and Cox wants out as well. That's probably a good thing for them opens up another scholly.. Cox has been a huge bust..

State82
03-06-2014, 09:47 AM

Now that's a tough one. But if it has to be one of them I guess I take Ray.

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 10:04 AM
You spend your entire day trying to tell everyone that we should fire Rick Ray but you want to hire Robert Kirby??? The guy who has had several interviews with shitty schools and still can't get a head coaching job? Hahaha.

Kirby has a better resume than Ray and he coached here for a long time. Yea I'd take Kirby over Ray. Every day all day.

Coach34
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Kirby has a better resume than Ray and he coached here for a long time. Yea I'd take Kirby over Ray. Every day all day.

yet our AD that knew him and had watched him work for years never even considered him for the job.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I hope they keep AK forever. And along those same lines, I hope a decent program snaps up Michael White after this season to prevent OM from having him "waiting in the wings", so to speak.

C222
03-06-2014, 10:40 AM
I hope they keep AK forever. And along those same lines, I hope a decent program snaps up Michael White after this season to prevent OM from having him "waiting in the wings", so to speak.

ME TOO. I think White is going to be a great coach at a big program one day.

C222
03-06-2014, 10:43 AM

Because he's been an assistant at more schools longer than Ray? Why hasn't Kirby been hired yet?

bully99
03-06-2014, 11:03 AM
I think the bears are ready to get rid of Henderson. When an announcer says on tv, he's never seen a player get more garbage buckets after a game has been decided than Henderson, then it's time to go.

Don't know anything about White. Is he a good coach?, recruiter? and why do so many people fear him coming to Oxford.

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 11:16 AM
I think the bears are ready to get rid of Henderson. When an announcer says on tv, he's never seen a player get more garbage buckets after a game has been decided than Henderson, then it's time to go.

Don't know anything about White. Is he a good coach?, recruiter? and why do so many people fear him coming to Oxford.

Because he's been recruiting MS better than us and he's at LTech.

Jack Lambert
03-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Time heals a lot of pain. Rocky came back to work for JWS. It could happen. It might be a way back into coaching for Stans if he is wanting to get into it. Let's just hope some other school in the SEC don't hire him as a recruiter.

Side note: AK fits in well at Ole Miss. He is a prime example of a Ole Miss Punk.

Political Hack
03-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I'd boycott the hump if we ever hire a guy that has an "international incident" on his record.

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 12:18 PM
I was told that Kirby was terrible at the interviews for head coaching jobs. I have no doubt he would make somebody a very good head coach if he ever gets the chance.

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 12:20 PM
If Stans comes back to MSU, I am going to ask them to bury me with a overcoat, cause hell done froze slap over..

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM

I would in a heartbeat

bully99
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Rockey was a football hero at State and he had his ego in check, unlike Stans,Stains,or Stands, whatever we're calling him these days. Stans ain't coming back.