PDA

View Full Version : Ray, beat Carolina and I'll still be hoping for a Crean-esque turnaround.....

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Crean had a little worse situation I believe, but it still took him 4 years to get the tourney. His watershed moment was signing Cody Zeller. I still think that's what will make or break Ray, can he pull in Malik Newman or anybody else close to that? Sure wish we could get Devonte Pollard.

HailState39110
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Ray's Cody Zeller is Fallou Ndoye. Thats what people don't understand when comparing Tom Crean and Rick Ray. Crean was still recruiting at a high level when he was losing. Ray is not

smootness
03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
We've seen plenty from Pollard after high school at this point to know he isn't anything overly special.

601Dawg
03-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Ray's Cody Zeller is Fallou Ndoye. Thats what people don't understand when comparing Tom Crean and Rick Ray. Crean was still recruiting at a high level when he was losing. Ray is not

This guy gets it.

Cream got cody zeller and Victor Olidipo while we are getting Fallou Ndoye and Maurice Dunlap

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
We've seen plenty from Pollard after high school at this point to know he isn't anything overly special.

Bama coaches wish they had Him. They site his departure as one reason they now Sux.. Also, so you saw Him play in HS.? And have seen Him play this year at Scooba?

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Zeller didn't get to Indiana until Crean's 4th year. That's when the 2015 class would get to MSU for Ray. He's still got time to pull a rabbit.

smootness
03-05-2014, 10:08 PM
This guy gets it.

Cream got cody zeller and Victor Olidipo while we are getting Fallou Ndoye and Maurice Dunlap

Go check out Oladipo's rating out of HS and then get back to me.

Everyone on this board would be screaming, 'Hey, at least we're able to beat out schools like SMU and George Mason' if we signed him right now.

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 10:09 PM
No doubt. Guy played one season at Bama and people say he sucked because he wasn't a one and done. He's a damn good player. They want recrootin starzz but they don't want Pollard's 5? Come on.

thf24
03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Bama coaches wish they had Him. They site his departure as one reason they now Sux.

I'm sure our coaches wish they could get him too. No doubt he'd help us. At the same time, his JUCO numbers as a sophomore show that he isn't the program-changing, potential one-and-done he was thought to be coming out of high school.

smootness
03-05-2014, 10:24 PM
No doubt. Guy played one season at Bama and people say he sucked because he wasn't a one and done. He's a damn good player. They want recrootin starzz but they don't want Pollard's 5? Come on.

Uh, no, it's not because he 'wasn't a one-and-done'. It's that he averaged less than 4 ppg...then went to JUCO and put up stats worse than the numbers everyone makes fun of Daniels for. So, outside of his HS rating, what about him says that he's really good?

Like I said, HS ratings are relevant when you've never played above high school level. Once you have, that becomes more relevant than anything you did in HS. And what Pollard has done since leaving HS is far from impressive.

engie
03-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Uh, no, it's not because he 'wasn't a one-and-done'. It's that he averaged less than 4 ppg...then went to JUCO and put up stats worse than the numbers everyone makes fun of Daniels for. So, outside of his HS rating, what about him says that he's really good?

Like I said, HS ratings are relevant when you've never played above high school level. Once you have, that becomes more relevant than anything you did in HS. And what Pollard has done since leaving HS is far from impressive.

Exactly. If Pollard is still a "5*", I guess this makes Travis Daniels a 6*...

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Pollard did pass college algebra

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Which assistant was Tom Crean when he was at Marquette?