PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Paul Geno having another career night

HailState39110
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I guess he has it out for Ray for not letting him walk on

BeastMan
03-05-2014, 08:30 PM
This is will be a fun thread every time we play them for 3 more years...

BeastMan
03-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I guess he has it out for Ray for not letting him walk on

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201311/131669/1385573985_exploding_sperm_whale.gif

hailmari
03-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Was he wanting to walk on?

engie
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't remember him wanting to "walk on".

I remember him being a lifelong MSU fan that wanted a scholarship -- when we were all full and would have had to cut someone at the time....

That said, I hate he's not at MSU...

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
That big career night was 5 points. He's scored 24 points this year. Not tonight but 24 this year. Can we please let this go.

Belegal
03-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Stats?

HailState39110
03-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Did you see the block he had on Roc Johnson ?

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 10:12 PM
He at least made a three pointer tonight! How many did we make?

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but I sure wish we would have signed Geno now. The guy can play and has length on the perimeter that we are severely lacking. We play 3 point guards at times. Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm sure Ray has already realized it was an error to not offer Geno. Oh well.

C222
03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but I sure wish we would have signed Geno now. The guy can play and has length on the perimeter that we are severely lacking. We play 3 point guards at times. Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm sure Ray has already realized it was an error to not offer Geno. Oh well.

We couldn't have offered him a scholarship. He offered him a chance to walk on. He's no better than anyone we have currently.

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 10:35 PM
We couldn't have offered him a scholarship. He offered him a chance to walk on. He's no better than anyone we have currently.
Wrong on all three

C222
03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Wrong on all three

Please explain to me how we could've offered him a scholarship? He wouldn't start on our team and it's the 2nd worst lineup we've put on the floor in 15 years.

smootness
03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
KPG played his most and 3rd most minutes of the year in the two games against State. Smart move by Fox because Geno was clearly motivated playing against us...but he's not exactly a stud. He would have played this year for us, yes...would he have made us better? I have no idea. But I'd rather have Daniels, Ndoye, and Black next year than Geno.

whosyourdawgy
03-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Well, he actually played this season. More than I can say for 2/3 of out signing class from last year. And he is better than Jacobi Davis is EVER gonna be for us.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2014, 11:12 PM
He avg exactly 1ppg this year why are we having this discussion. I'll save a lot of time just look on every SEC roster find the 12th man & say he could help us this year & be done with it.

601Dawg
03-05-2014, 11:29 PM
He at least made a three pointer tonight! How many did we make?

ZERO

bully99
03-05-2014, 11:45 PM
2nd worst line-up in 15 years? What was the worst?

C222
03-06-2014, 08:15 AM
2nd worst line-up in 15 years? What was the worst?

Last year.

Thick
03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
If you guys are going to start a thread about this guy, at least have a look at everything involved before throwing him under the bus. He would start for us, or get a hell of a lot of playing time, thus his stats would be better then at UGA. He's long, he's got good hops, would be a good perimeter defender due to length. He's a better all around shooter then what we currently have, and he loved MSU.

Now, I'm not saying that he would be all world, but he would be an improvement from what we have on our roster.

Brad Stevens
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
If you guys are going to start a thread about this guy, at least have a look at everything involved before throwing him under the bus. He would start for us, or get a hell of a lot of playing time, thus his stats would be better then at UGA. He's long, he's got good hops, would be a good perimeter defender due to length. He's a better all around shooter then what we currently have, and he loved MSU.

Now, I'm not saying that he would be all world, but he would be an improvement from what we have on our roster.

I agree. I'm on the side of wait till next year before we consider Ray's job, but I do believe (in hindsight) that Geno could definitely help this team now and in the future.

chef dixon
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
You guys are really reaching on this one, grasping at anything thinking it would have made everything better. Put Geno on our squad and we have the exact same record. We are shorthanded, and that is the ONLY reason Geno would have played a good bit for us this year. Ray doesn't do himself or the program any good by just bringing in more bodies like Geno to make up for the depleted roster. With that said, I hope that is not what Ray is doing with the 5 new guys coming in next year. They can't just be bodies/role players. We need some major impact players, or else we will quickly become the new Auburn/South Carolina of the last 10 years, no identity whatsoever.

C222
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM
You guys are really reaching on this one, grasping at anything thinking it would have made everything better. Put Geno on our squad and we have the exact same record. We are shorthanded, and that is the ONLY reason Geno would have played a good bit for us this year. Ray doesn't do himself or the program any good by just bringing in more bodies like Geno to make up for the depleted roster. With that said, I hope that is not what Ray is doing with the 5 new guys coming in next year. They can't just be bodies/role players. We need some major impact players, or else we will quickly become the new Auburn/South Carolina of the last 10 years, no identity whatsoever.

Yep.
Basically,alot of people on this board HATES our roster. They say there is zero talent. "Not one person on our team would start for another SEC team." Yet, they wanted us to offer KPG a scholarship (even though we didnt have one) when he is no better than any of these guys they are ripping. They think we need better players but they wanted us to offer a guy who just isn't that great only because "he's a fan of MSU."

Thick
03-06-2014, 03:26 PM
So it's a wash, right? He would bring nothing more then what we already have. So having a 6'6 small forward that can shoot and drive would not keep Borchert in the paint with Gavin to rebound instead of Borchert being on the perimeter? It probably would not help that he's actually tall and could help rebound, and it wouldn't help Roq either. I see you point, no need to have an opinion, because we have so many Phil Jackson's on this board.

Thick
03-06-2014, 03:29 PM
By the way, why did Georgia offer him? What could they possibly have seen in KPG? Probably just wanted to waste a scholly on an average at best white kid from MS, makes sense!!

C222
03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
By the way, why did Georgia offer him? What could they possibly have seen in KPG? Probably just wanted to waste a scholly on an average at best white kid from MS, makes sense!!

1. They had an available scholarship
2. They missed out on some of their top targets. Before UGA his only offers were Jackson St., Lamar, Mercer, and Radford.

ETA: Let's say he wasn't a fan of MSU and not from MS. Let's say we offered him a scholarship and we got him. Can you imagine the shit Ray would have gotten if he took a guy with THAT offer list??

DownwardDawg
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
The good thing about this state of apathy I'm in, is that I have no 17'n idea who y'all are talking about.

Brad Stevens
03-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes, Ray probably would have heard a lot of negative comments if we had signed a guy with those offers. However, that's irrelevant. We have one (ONE) person in the 1-3 positions that has length, and that guy (Thomas) has really struggled. At the very least, bringing him in for 10 minutes a game for a defensive spark and grab a few rebounds would be very beneficial to this team.

The only point I agree with you on is the fact we didn't have a scholarship to offer at the time. And that's really the only fact that matters. But let's not be naive and say he wouldn't get more playing time on our MSU team than he does on that UGA team.

tcdog70
03-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Yes, Ray probably would have heard a lot of negative comments if we had signed a guy with those offers. However, that's irrelevant. We have one (ONE) person in the 1-3 positions that has length, and that guy (Thomas) has really struggled. At the very least, bringing him in for 10 minutes a game for a defensive spark and grab a few rebounds would be very beneficial to this team.

The only point I agree with you on is the fact we didn't have a scholarship to offer at the time. And that's really the only fact that matters. But let's not be naive and say he wouldn't get more playing time on our MSU team than he does on that UGA team.

Nice post, I'm with you this one.