PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Black Update

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Since he's been a hot topic the last couple weeks there's a really good in depth article on Gene's Page where his coach is interviewed. Anybody with the ability should read it but here's a snippet for those who can't.

"Offensively, he can shoot it out to 14 feet. Actually he can shoot it from the three-point line but I don't allow that. He can put it on the floor and dribble one, two and even three times. He has back to the basket moves. He has every back to the basket moves that you have ever seen. He's also an adept passer. He sees the floor well."

As for Black's future, Fitzgerald believes he can play the game a long time.

"I'm not saying that he's an NBA pro but he will easily be a guy who can make a lot of money overseas due to his athleticism, his timing and everything else that he does," said Fitzgerald.

According to Coach Fitzgerald, Black averaged 14 points per game, 12 rebounds per game and 4 block shots per game.

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
This is great information. Thanks.

Coach34
03-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Since he's been a hot topic the last couple weeks there's a really good in depth article on Gene's Page where his coach is interviewed. Anybody with the ability should read it but here's a snippet for those who can't.

"Offensively, he can shoot it out to 14 feet. Actually he can shoot it from the three-point line but I don't allow that. He can put it on the floor and dribble one, two and even three times. He has back to the basket moves. He has every back to the basket moves that you have ever seen. He's also an adept passer. He sees the floor well."

"I'm not saying that he's an NBA pro but he will easily be a guy who can make a lot of money overseas due to his athleticism, his timing and everything else that he does," said Fitzgerald.

According to Coach Fitzgerald, Black averaged 14 points per game, 12 rebounds per game and 4 block shots per game.

B-b-b-b-b-but he only averaged 7 and 7 as a Jr?????

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
He can put it on the floor and dribble one, two and even three times.

Ohhhh shit!!!! How'd we get this diamond in the rough?!!** All joking aside I will welcome Black's addition and hope like hell he's as good as his coach says. 12 boards and 4 blocks sounds nice. We need that desperately right now.

engie
03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Ohhhh shit!!!! How'd we get this diamond in the rough?!!** All joking aside I will welcome Black's addition and hope like hell he's as good as his coach says. 12 boards and 4 blocks sounds nice. We need that desperately right now.

You welcome his addition?

You started a thread to shit on him yesterday -- did you not? But you "welcome" him now that it is becoming clear that you didn't have the whole story?

mic
03-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I think we can all agree when it comes to hoops dawg61 should just read posts and posts less...

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
You welcome his addition?

You started a thread to shit on him yesterday -- did you not? But you "welcome" him now that it is becoming clear that you didn't have the whole story?

Do we get this information today if I don't post that thread yesterday? Doubtful so you're welcome I sparked conversation about Black. Now you and I and many others feel better about him as a player.

Homedawg
03-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Do we get this information today if I don't post that thread yesterday? Doubtful so you're welcome I sparked conversation about Black. Now you and I and many others feel better about him as a player.

Try this on for size- know at least something about the topic before posting.

MabenMaroon
03-05-2014, 10:39 PM

And that is on an average only of 20 minutes per game, and playing with and against multiple DI signees.

smootness
03-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Yup, thanks for crapping on a State signee without all the facts so that we could all learn you were wrong yet again! Some of us felt just fine about Oliver Black because we don't automatically assume he's terrible and have to be told otherwise.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Yup, thanks for crapping on a State signee without all the facts so that we could all learn you were wrong yet again! Some of us felt just fine about Oliver Black because we don't automatically assume he's terrible and have to be told otherwise.

I'm still wondering how a player that averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds in MS his jr. year and then transfers to a school in Florida is considered a top 5 MS recruit his senior year? If I'm a dandy dozen selection I've got to be really confused also. Who are the seven dandy dozen players getting bumped lower than "top 5 in MS" because of Black's inclusion in the top 5? Does Devin Booker also get included as a top 5 MS recruit or does he get included as a top 5 Michigan recruit? Shit is confusing. Did the seven guys bumped by Black average better or worse than 7 pts 7 boards? Just wondering. I'm glad to hear Black is now avg 14 & 12 and at the IMG Academy too. That's more worthy of top 5 numbers in my book.

Intramural All-American
03-06-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm still wondering how a player that averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds in MS his jr. year and then transfers to a school in Florida is considered a top 5 MS recruit his senior year? If I'm a dandy dozen selection I've got to be really confused also. Who are the seven dandy dozen players getting bumped lower than "top 5 in MS" because of Black's inclusion in the top 5? Does Devin Booker also get included as a top 5 MS recruit or does he get included as a top 5 Michigan recruit? Shit is confusing. Did the seven guys bumped by Black average better or worse than 7 pts 7 boards? Just wondering. I'm glad to hear Black is now avg 14 & 12 and at the IMG Academy too. That's more worthy of top 5 numbers in my book.
Why does it matter? You are literally arguing semantics at this point, just to argue. You are literally the worst person on this board.

Dawg61
03-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Why does it matter? You are literally arguing semantics at this point, just to argue. You are literally the worst person on this board.

That's a very high ranking. Does that make me a top 5 worst poster on ED in your book? Keep supporting losing loser.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=924&d=1264314376

engie
03-06-2014, 12:39 AM
That's a very high ranking. Does that make me a top 5 worst poster on ED in your book? Keep supporting losing loser.

Jesus H. Yep -- strictly trolling. Past time for you to go on ignore.