PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks the expansion will be cutting it close?

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I mean, whenever I look at the cam I see like one or 2 people working...none at the moment. Also, most of the expansion is still in the skeleton stage. I really hope they don't have this planned to get done about a week before opening day and then they have to delay it for some reason.
ETA: They have alot of shit to get done in 6 months. Better hop to it.

https://oxblue.com/archive/0f1f8ae3fe7c7e4383b13a58d7e38c99/800x600.jpg?1351522849&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=16800&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
They'll be some long hours worked this summer. I'm not too worried. But it would definitely be a Miss Stake thing to do.

PassInterference
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Work is happening inside the structure. They are not going to finish the entire outside before the guts get started. There are lots of things happening in parallel which you can't see in that picture.

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
But it would definitely be a Miss Stake thing to do.

My thoughts exactly. I realize they are probably doing stuff we can't see...but I'm not encouraged by the fact that the brick facade on the west side ramp isn't even done.

engie
03-05-2014, 05:22 PM
They really have seemed to slow down on the external work since they got the LOGE section in, which went pretty fast...

That said, the field side of the structure is damn near done. Your talking about a week worth of work to complete the concrete work there -- outside of the jumbotron.

DCdawg
03-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Being a student and seeing it often, though it's hard to tell, the past two weeks or so they've really done a lot. What you cant see is all of the framing (? not a construction guy) going inside. They've actually done a significant amount internally.

TheRef
03-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Agreed, the interior is going along smoothly from what I can tell. Haven't had many setbacks since we haven't had any harsh weather impact construction.

rabbitthedawg
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I was by there yesterday and they are really working on framework inside of the outside concrete work. You can't tell from the outside pics, but they are going to town inside the thing with the studs and electrical work. The brickwork is really looking great on the outside, especially the west grand stands

whosyourdawgy
03-05-2014, 05:46 PM
That camera is very misleading. The only thing left to do on top of the structure is put the last few concrete casts in place, put the seats, railing, jumbotron and a few other things. Underneath is where a ton of work is being done now and on the outside. All under from the camera is the view of the seating. All we have heard is everything is on schedule so no need to panic just yet

bully99
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Hope when it is finished, they don't have to shut it down like they did the 60 million dollar Texas high school stadium last week. Found cracks in the structure.

Steakonastick
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I am friends with one of the project managers and the company doing the mechanical and plumbing. They both said they are on schedule.

Trust me with the fines listed in the contract for the completion date you will see it finished.

Joe Schmedlap
03-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Where was that in Texas? Allen maybe?

Westdawg
03-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes it was Allen. I was in Dallas when they discussed doing that project a few years back. There is another one in Dallas suburbs that spent nearly $40 mill in upgrades to it. I love coaching football, but those staffs are under the gun as much if not more so than an SEC staff in terms of expectations. Lots of power and money that want to support but expect immediate and long term results on investment

OldFatDog
03-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Hope when it is finished, they don't have to shut it down like they did the 60 million dollar Texas high school stadium last week. Found cracks in the structure.

This may be the most Miss. State Fan post ever. Damn.