PDA

View Full Version : So, there's another Stansbury Transfer lighting the world on fire...

engie
03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Shawn Long at ULL. Thanks D@A for calling my attention to it.

Here's his post.

Forget Gardner and Deville. Y'all are leaving out a guy who could have also made a difference then and now. A guy who averaged 16/10 as a freshmens and 20/10 as a sophomores. A guy who is now being projected as an NBA draft pick next year (perhaps lottery) and a guy who never played one single minute for us.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205333367

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...362/shawn-long

http://nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

He left in January of his freshman(redshirt) year for ULL without ever playing a minute for us. Now projected as a first rounder by some.

If only Rick Ray wouldn't have let he, Gardner, DeVille, and Hood leave, where would we be?!?!***

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Yup Rick Stansbury is a dumbass. We all know that. That's why he got fired. What happened to hiring someone better than Rick Stansbury? That's what we thought we were going to get when we all agreed to say goodbye to Stansbury. Still waiting on that to happen.

engie
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Yup Rick Stansbury is a dumbass. We all know that. That's why he got fired. What happened to hiring someone better than Rick Stansbury? That's what we thought we were going to get when we all agreed to say goodbye to Stansbury. Still waiting on that to happen.

Stansbury went 14-16 in year 2 with a team he built for a decade.

Coach34
03-05-2014, 03:49 PM
B-b-b-but Ray was left with Steele, Lewis, Zedakis, and Shaun Smith??? Why aren't we as good as UPig and Missouri???!

cheewgumm
03-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm no Stansbury lover, but there is one thing that matters more than any in regards to college basketball...Getting players! Stansbury could do that. Ray will be ok, if he proves he can. If he can't...He gone!!!

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM

Our University has changed significantly from 15 years ago. So should our expectations. Stricklin threw that to the side as soon as he got a few "no thanks" during the search.

engie
03-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Our University has changed significantly from 15 years ago.

It sure has. We're now MUCH FURTHER AWAY from national prominence and an afterthought in an afterthought conference -- instead of being nationally prominent being 3 years removed from a final 4 and 4 years removed from a sweet 16 in the best basketball conference in the land.

maroonmania
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm no Stansbury lover, but there is one thing that matters more than any in regards to college basketball...Getting players! Stansbury could do that. Ray will be ok, if he proves he can. If he can't...He gone!!!

Exactly, at least he got these players on campus for them to be able to leave. Heck, we actually got a year out of player the caliber of Rodney Hood. I really can't see Ray recruiting and landing a player of his caliber. I mean Malik Newman is our legacy and it doesn't seem we even have a fighting chance with him.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 04:23 PM
It sure has. We're now MUCH FURTHER AWAY from national prominence and an afterthought in an afterthought conference -- instead of being nationally prominent being 3 years removed from a final 4 and 4 years removed from a sweet 16 in the best basketball conference in the land.

And I'm not forgetting or letting my expectations slip from the day we fired Stansbury. Not one inch. I want a better coach than Stansbury. That hasn't happened still. Us sucking horrible ass won't make me change that expectation. All it's doing is making me want a new AD on top of wanting a better coach than Stansbury.

Raytoraid83
03-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Shawn Long was kicked off the team by Stansbury. He couldn't go through a single practice without starting a fight.

Coach34
03-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Since Stands good 4 year run from 02-05, we have finished 5th or worse in the SEC in 7 of 9 seasons:

14- last or next to last
13- 12th of 14
12- tied for 6th
11- 6th
10- 3-way tie for 4th
09- 2-way tie for 5th
08- 2-way tie for 2nd
07- 3-way tie for 5th
06- 2-way tie for 9th

engie
03-05-2014, 04:26 PM
And I'm not forgetting or letting my expectations slip from the day we fired Stansbury. Not one inch. I want a better coach than Stansbury. That hasn't happened still. Us sucking horrible ass won't make me change that expectation. All it's doing is making me want a new AD on top of wanting a better coach than Stansbury.

No one is changing their expectations from Stansbury.

The disagreement is about what time those expectations come into effect. For those of us that are reasonable -- that time is next year.

engie
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Shawn Long was kicked off the team by Stansbury. He couldn't go through a single practice without starting a fight.

Link?

So, we kick off the guy that's going to go in the first round it appears -- but keep the guy who starts fights in the stands and doesn't do anything but be a cancer for the team. Makes sense**

notsofarawaydawg
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM

With all you older guys patting Stans on the back and contributing to the dumpster fire he left behind, we can blame no one but you and your group for the condition of the program. You shouldn't have had your nose up Stans ass so far and you might have seen the smelled the shit sooner.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 04:37 PM
No one is changing their expectations from Stansbury.

The disagreement is about what time those expectations come into effect. For those of us that are reasonable -- that time is next year.

If Bruce Pearl wasn't dangling out there right now I could have an ounce of more patience with Ray. MSU has the chance to dramatically change our basketball program RIGHT NOW. I can't afford to let this opportunity pass without standing up and screaming and trying to get my voice heard. Just hire Bruce Pearl already. Don't even tell me it's a pipe dream. It's not. The stars are aligning perfectly for us to make this program changing hire right now.

MadDawg
03-05-2014, 04:42 PM
If Bruce Pearl wasn't dangling out there right now I could have an ounce of more patience with Ray. MSU has the chance to dramatically change our basketball program RIGHT NOW. I can't afford to let this opportunity pass without standing up and screaming and trying to get my voice heard. Just hire Bruce Pearl already. Don't even tell me it's a pipe dream. It's not. The stars are aligning perfectly for us to make this program changing hire right now.

We are not going to fire Ray, 61. We are just not. Pearl may be your dream hire, but he won't be here next year.

Raytoraid83
03-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Link?

So, we kick off the guy that's going to go in the first round it appears -- but keep the guy who starts fights in the stands and doesn't do anything but be a cancer for the team. Makes sense**

You are truly clueless if you don't know why we were forced to keep Sidney. And don't need a link that is coming from someone who wore the same jersey as he did.

Five-tool Poster
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Link?

Since when does anyone ask for a link on this message board? Not when Rodney Hood was most certainly putting out feelers in Feb?

But thank goodness only Rick Ray has the moral compass to kick off players for the right reasons.

C222
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Exactly, at least he got these players on campus for them to be able to leave. Heck, we actually got a year out of player the caliber of Rodney Hood. I really can't see Ray recruiting and landing a player of his caliber. I mean Malik Newman is our legacy and it doesn't seem we even have a fighting chance with him.

And we still didn't make the tournament.

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Link?

where is your link that Sidney started a fight in the stands? I thought Bailey started the fight

tcdog70
03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
With all you older guys patting Stans on the back and contributing to the dumpster fire he left behind, we can blame no one but you and your group for the condition of the program. You shouldn't have had your nose up Stans ass so far and you might have seen the smelled the shit sooner.

Hell Yes, now here is a Classic Post. It's the Old guys fault. All that patting on back is what did it. Excuse while I wipe the shit off my nose!

engie
03-05-2014, 05:07 PM
You are truly clueless if you don't know why we were forced to keep Sidney. And don't need a link that is coming from someone who wore the same jersey as he did.

Ahhh...

So, you admit that Stansbury is an idiot that put his balls in a sling. So, ultimately, in trying to take up for him, you just further proved my point.

Amazingly, DeVille and Long have both turned it around and been productive at their new schools -- while hearing ZERO PEEPS of off the court troubles. Crazy how that works when they get away from the culture Stans cultivated, huh?

Midseason Stansbury transfer putting up 20 a game. I thought only RAY had players leave midseason?

engie
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
where is your link that Sidney started a fight in the stands? I thought Bailey started the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1vNZSSiuw
I can't see it for you.

But in your rush to spin, it's obvious you won't see the actual aggressor in this fight.

thf24
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM

I believe it was firmly established at the time that Bailey instigated it, Sidney started it.

edit: and then there's that /\/\/\

Raytoraid83
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Ahhh...

So, you admit that Stansbury is an idiot that put his balls in a sling. So, ultimately, in trying to take up for him, you just further proved my point.

Amazingly, DeVille and Long have both turned it around and been productive at their new schools -- while hearing ZERO PEEPS of off the court troubles. Crazy how that works when they get away from the culture Stans cultivated, huh?

Midseason Stansbury transfer putting up 20 a game. I thought only RAY had players leave midseason?

Hey man found a link you'll like

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20140131/SPORTS0202/301300030/Long-suspended-Cajuns-lose-third-straight

Political Hack
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Shawn Long at ULL. Thanks D@A for calling my attention to it.

Here's his post.

He left in January of his freshman(redshirt) year for ULL without ever playing a minute for us. Now projected as a first rounder by some.

If only Rick Ray wouldn't have let he, Gardner, DeVille, and Hood leave, where would we be?!?!***

and I got ripped for calling the guy a stud. he's a freak. happy to see him doing well.

engie
03-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Hey man found a link you'll like

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20140131/SPORTS0202/301300030/Long-suspended-Cajuns-lose-third-straight

But everyone wants Ray to recruit like Stansbury -- so this stuff should be encouraged right**

"Conduct detrimental to the team" can be anything. One whole game is a far cry from "kicked off the team".

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
One of the most popular games we played with Stansbury is the "what if" game. How many games does

PG Josh Gray/Deville Smith
SG Craig Sword
SF Rod Hood/Dev Pollard/Fred Thomas
PF Shawn Long/Roq Johnson/Colin Borchert
C Gavin Ware

Win? Too bad Stansbury can't keep all his talent and too bad Rick Ray can't sign any talent. Now what are we to do?

Political Hack
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
also, long transferred because he got a girl preganant back home. hard to blame a guy for doing the stand up thing and going back.

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
One of the most popular games we played with Stansbury is the "what if" game. How many games does

PG Josh Gray/Deville Smith
SG Craig Sword
SF Rod Hood/Dev Pollard/Fred Thomas
PF Shawn Long/Roq Johnson/Colin Borchert
C Gavin Ware

Win? Too bad Stansbury can't keep all his talent and too bad Rick Ray can't sign any talent. Now what are we to do?

We probably win more games than if Travis Outlaw came to State in 2003, because he blows **

MadDawg
03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
"Conduct detrimental to the team" can be anything. One whole game is a far cry from "kicked off the team".

Also a far cry from "while hearing ZERO PEEPS of off the court troubles".

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 05:36 PM
We probably win more games than if Travis Outlaw came to State in 2003, because he blows **

We would of gotten Outlaw for one year. He scored 8 points and got 4 rebounds TOTAL for his entire rookie season. What a difference maker he would of been for one year for MSU.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2015/year/2004/travis-outlaw

drunkernhelldawg
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM

That's pretty misleading. Our team was totally decimated after the Final Four appearance in 1996.

whosyourdawgy
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM
This is exactly why I remember the midseason transfer for Long. He left to be closer to home. I also remember Long being well liked by all the players and happy to be here. He got a girl pregnant and transferred back home to be close to her. Take that for what it's worth.

engie
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Also a far cry from "while hearing ZERO PEEPS of off the court troubles".

Oh well -- only Ray has players transfer mid-season, am I right?!?**

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
We would of gotten Outlaw for one year. He scored 8 points and got 4 rebounds TOTAL for his entire rookie season. What a difference maker he would of been for one year for MSU.

I want you to think about the words you just typed. You just admitted we would only have him for one year (implying he would go in the NBA draft after one year). Then, you included his NBA rookie stats as to why he wouldn't be a difference-maker in the college game. That's the same thing as saying a guy who averages 8 ppg in college would be of no use to his high school team (where he would most likely score well above 8 ppg). Do you understand? Not to mention, the 2003-2004 team was one of our best ever.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
I want you to think about the words you just typed. You just admitted we would only have him for one year (implying he would go in the NBA draft after one year). Then, you included his NBA rookie stats as to why he wouldn't be a difference-maker in the college game. That's the same thing as saying a guy who averages 8 ppg in college would be of no use to his high school team (where he would most likely score well above 8 ppg). Do you understand? Not to mention, the 2003-2004 team was one of our best ever.

Brad you're changing the argument in two ways. The argument was how good could we of been if the one and done rules were in place back then. Meaning we get Monta, Bender or Outlaw for just one year. (Although after that one year Outlaw wouldn't of been drafted because he sucks but nvm on that). The second way you're changing the argument is by saying Outlaw averaged 8 points a game. No he didn't. He scored a TOTAL of 8 points in his ENTIRE rookie season. Outlaw got drafted because he's a physical freak of nature. Basketball skill wise he's not NBA talent worthy at all. Let this argument go. You disagree with my assessment of Travis Outlaw. Fine. Who gives a shit.

C222
03-05-2014, 05:54 PM

I am glad someone pointed out how insanely dumb his post was. He is trying to say he wouldn't have been good in college because of his stats....IN THE F'N NBA! Holy hell. That may have been one of the worst posts in the history of message boards.

MadDawg
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Oh well -- only Ray has players transfer mid-season, am I right?!?**

Since I've never said that, I don't know if it's true or not. Question though, if you are honest enough to answer, is there a difference in your mind between a player transferring mid-season who is redshirting and has never played versus a player transferring midseason who is getting playing time?

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Okay, that's my fault. I misread your post. I did think you said 8 ppg. Apologies. Regardless, I still believe most anyone would have liked to have him as a sixth man of our 2003-2004 SEC-winning, 2-seed team that consisted of Bowers/Frazier/Power/Roberts/Vincent.

I also only made the Outlaw comment as a joke. It's just ironic to me that the same guy who is advocating for all types of new players now is shunning an NBA player that we signed. I can completely understand your frustrations with the talent level at MSU now, I'm just confused why you think Travis Outlaw wouldn't merit a one year scholarship on the SEC championship team? I don't see the logic in it -- that's all.

shannondawg
03-05-2014, 06:04 PM

And to cap it off , he tried to fight Stans , when he tried to break the last one up.....What would you do?

Coach34
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
That's pretty misleading. Our team was totally decimated after the Final Four appearance in 1996.

What the hell???? Stands 2nd season was in 2000

smootness
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Outlaw got drafted because he's a physical freak of nature. Basketball skill wise he's not NBA talent worthy at all.

Dude, the guy averaged more than 13 ppg for one year in the NBA. It's a pretty tough argument to claim he isn't an NBA talent at all.

C222
03-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Dude, the guy averaged more than 13 ppg for one year in the NBA. It's a pretty tough argument to claim he isn't an NBA talent at all.

The guy has been in the league over 10 years. Yeah, he's not NBA talent worthy.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Okay, that's my fault. I misread your post. I did think you said 8 ppg. Apologies. Regardless, I still believe most anyone would have liked to have him as a sixth man of our 2003-2004 SEC-winning, 2-seed team that consisted of Bowers/Frazier/Power/Roberts/Vincent.

I also only made the Outlaw comment as a joke. It's just ironic to me that the same guy who is advocating for all types of new players now is shunning an NBA player that we signed. I can completely understand your frustrations with the talent level at MSU now, I'm just confused why you think Travis Outlaw wouldn't merit a one year scholarship on the SEC championship team? I don't see the logic in it -- that's all.

I've watched Travis Outlaw play many times before in person. I don't think he's an NBA player skill wise. Yes he can dunk better than 99.999999999999% of the world and has arms longer than New Jersey but that's about all he's got. Sure I would take him on our 2003-04 basketball team. You're reading too much into my term "he blows". I'd say the exact same thing about BJ Upton in baseball. Are we no longer allowed to say professional athletes "blow"? David Duvall sucks donkey dicks on the golf course but he'd still destroy me 10&8 in match play. Why do I have to walk on egg shells with what I type with you Brad?

smootness
03-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, then if you're talking about David Duvall in the context of playing you on a golf course, it would be crazy to say 'he blows'.

Outlaw wasn't a great NBA player...but he made a career for himself. Saying 'he blows' in reference to playing for Mississippi State, especially saying he wouldn't have helped us much, is crazy.

I'll put it this way - would you ever say Jamont Gordon 'blows'? Because he had far less of an NBA career than Outlaw; but since Outlaw played on a level higher than Gordon, he is worse and therefore would have helped State less?

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Well, then if you're talking about David Duvall in the context of playing you on a golf course, it would be crazy to say 'he blows'.

Outlaw wasn't a great NBA player...but he made a career for himself. Saying 'he blows' in reference to playing for Mississippi State, especially saying he wouldn't have helped us much, is crazy.

I'll put it this way - would you ever say Jamont Gordon 'blows'? Because he had far less of an NBA career than Outlaw; but since Outlaw played on a level higher than Gordon, he is worse and therefore would have helped State less?

I don't have some undying love for Travis Outlaw. He ****ed us. I get that he made the right decision for him and his family. Good for him. I would of made the same decision as him. But I'm not him. I'm a Mississippi State alum and fan and he ****ed us over. Stansbury could of had a different player sign with us instead of Outlaw. That could of made all the difference that year. Maybe we beat Xavier with the extra player. Maybe we then go to the final four that year. A lot could be different today with just that one player actually playing for MSU. So again I say it. **** Travis Outlaw. He ****ING BLOWS!!

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't have some undying love for Travis Outlaw. He ****ed us. I get that he made the right decision for him and his family. Good for him. I would of made the same decision as him. But I'm not him. I'm a Mississippi State alum and fan and he ****ed us over. Stansbury could of had a different player sign with us instead of Outlaw. That could of made all the difference that year. Maybe we beat Xavier with the extra player. Maybe we then go to the final four that year. A lot could be different today with just that one player actually playing for MSU. So again I say it. **** Travis Outlaw. He ****ING BLOWS!!

Well at least we got to the heart of the issue with this post. What you mean by "he blows" is that Outlaw hurt your feelings (pretty bad obviously) by not coming to State, not that "he blows" and wouldn't contribute at the college level. I'm glad we got that cleared up.

drunkernhelldawg
03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
What the hell???? Stands 2nd season was in 2000

The post I was replying to said that Stans had been building that team for ten years.

dawgs
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I've watched Travis Outlaw play many times before in person. I don't think he's an NBA player skill wise. Yes he can dunk better than 99.999999999999% of the world and has arms longer than New Jersey but that's about all he's got. Sure I would take him on our 2003-04 basketball team. You're reading too much into my term "he blows". I'd say the exact same thing about BJ Upton in baseball. Are we no longer allowed to say professional athletes "blow"? David Duvall sucks donkey dicks on the golf course but he'd still destroy me 10&8 in match play. Why do I have to walk on egg shells with what I type with you Brad?

but in the context of college baseball, i'd happily take bj upton on our team. in the context of MLB, i'm glad bj upton isn't on my team. outlaw would have dominated in college, even if he was merely only roughly avg for a couple of years at his peak in the NBA.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Well at least we got to the heart of the issue with this post. What you mean by "he blows" is that Outlaw hurt your feelings (pretty bad obviously) by not coming to State, not that "he blows" and wouldn't contribute at the college level. I'm glad we got that cleared up.

I like Travis Outlaw about a billion times more than I like you Brad.

Brad Stevens
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I like Travis Outlaw about a billion times more than I like you Brad.

I'm okay with that. For the record, I have no hate toward you (or any State fan) at all. I simply disagree with 95% of the things you post about basketball. I try to be clear and to the point, making rational arguments. Usually I am reciprocated with name-calling and belittlement. And that's fine. I'm just trying to have an intelligent discussion about issues you bring up, but I rarely get one.

Dawg61
03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm okay with that. For the record, I have no hate toward you (or any State fan) at all. I simply disagree with 95% of the things you post about basketball. I try to be clear and to the point, making rational arguments. Usually I am reciprocated with name-calling and belittlement. And that's fine. I'm just trying to have an intelligent discussion about issues you bring up, but I rarely get one.

You never stick your neck out on anything. You just sit on the telephone wire and spew shit down on others that post. Real tough to do Crow Stevens.

BeardoMSU
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
but he made a career for himself.

To 61's point, I think I get what he's saying, though I disagree with him on Outlaw being that shitty. Before his playing time really took a dive, he was given a pretty significant contract (a few years ago, with New Jersey I think - at ca. 14 million a year).

A lot of guys make "careers" for themselves that really have no business in the NBA. Example: Kwame Brown. The fact that that scrub has been in the league so long, and Jarvis is fighting his ass off just to get a roster spot is ridiculous.

dawgs
03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
To 61's point, I think I get what he's saying, though I disagree with him on Outlaw being that shitty. Before his playing time really took a dive, he was given a pretty significant contract (a few years ago, with New Jersey I think - at ca. 14 million a year).

A lot of guys make "careers" for themselves that really have no business in the NBA. Example: Kwame Brown. The fact that that scrub has been in the league so long, and Jarvis is fighting his ass off just to get a roster spot is ridiculous.

kwame brown hung around in the league because he'd knock jarvis into the 10th row if they were fighting over a rebound. jarvis just doesn't have the muscle/size to bang in the post every game, nor the handle/face up game to play further out from the basket. he's got 1 elite trait, his timing on shot blocks.

TheDogFather
03-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Since Stands good 4 year run from 02-05, we have finished 5th or worse in the SEC in 7 of 9 seasons:

14- last or next to last
13- 12th of 14
12- tied for 6th
11- 6th
10- 3-way tie for 4th
09- 2-way tie for 5th
08- 2-way tie for 2nd
07- 3-way tie for 5th
06- 2-way tie for 9th

Ray wishes he could sniff 5th

TheDogFather
03-06-2014, 02:08 AM
This is exactly why I remember the midseason transfer for Long. He left to be closer to home. I also remember Long being well liked by all the players and happy to be here. He got a girl pregnant and transferred back home to be close to her. Take that for what it's worth.

WTF? How dare you cloud this thread with facts or logic. How long will it take for you guys to realize that the most successful head coach in Mississippi State basketball is responsible not only for all of the failures in the marketing, compliance, and administrative departments but has also single handedly caused every single loss in the Rick Ray era.

Stansbury has embarrassed this esteemed University and fan base with banners, trophies, championships, and sold out arenas. And by George we will not sleep until every basketball success has been completely reversed by Rick Ray.

mcdawg
03-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Link?

I know this one, as ULL's coach is from MSU/Tupelo (Bob Marlin). The State staff found a player of S Long's caliber and got him to MSU. From the minute he walked on campus, he was homesick and pouted. That is why he transferred back closer to home and plays for ULL.

Again, I am not pro-Stans; I am pro-MSU. If you think we are better off now for making the change, then you cannot be reasoned with. We have 2 13-game losing streaks, play games like yesterday (0-15 shooting 3 pointers/point guard leading rebounder/4 assists and 12 turnovers/45 points in an entire game), dead last in SEC in defensive stats (fg%) and have complete apathy by fans (nobody at games, fans don't even follow the team and watch on tv). I have never known a State team that I can remember where fans completely have given up on and quit following. That is where we are. I would take our old staff and a "chance" at Hood, Pollard, Gray, etc being here than what we have now. Don't care about your comments about injuries, dope smoking, etc - all I know is our program is at an all-time low of support. Cannot debate that. I have bought my 4 lower level tickets for the last 2 years and haven't had 1 person ask to use them. I went 3 times (won 2) and was so bored that I will not be back. And, I will not be stupid enough to buy them again next year (plus pay the Bulldog fees), because I will not go - too many other things that I would rather do with my time.

whosyourdawgy
03-06-2014, 08:12 AM
I know this one, as ULL's coach is from MSU/Tupelo (Bob Marlin). The State staff found a player of S Long's caliber and got him to MSU. From the minute he walked on campus, he was homesick and pouted. That is why he transferred back closer to home and plays for ULL.

Again, I am not pro-Stans; I am pro-MSU. If you think we are better off now for making the change, then you cannot be reasoned with. We have 2 13-game losing streaks, play games like yesterday (0-15 shooting 3 pointers/point guard leading rebounder/4 assists and 12 turnovers/45 points in an entire game), dead last in SEC in defensive stats (fg%) and have complete apathy by fans (nobody at games, fans don't even follow the team and watch on tv). I have never known a State team that I can remember where fans completely have given up on and quit following. That is where we are. I would take our old staff and a "chance" at Hood, Pollard, Gray, etc being here than what we have now. Don't care about your comments about injuries, dope smoking, etc - all I know is our program is at an all-time low of support. Cannot debate that. I have bought my 4 lower level tickets for the last 2 years and haven't had 1 person ask to use them. I went 3 times (won 2) and was so bored that I will not be back. And, I will not be stupid enough to buy them again next year (plus pay the Bulldog fees), because I will not go - too many other things that I would rather do with my time.

And this post is our BIGGEST problem. Apathy and no one buying tickets to the games or showing up at the games. I have heard this from more than a few of my friends as well. My mom, dad, 2 brothers, and I would drive the 2 hours and meet up at games for the last 10 years. We haven't done that once since the middle of last season and I love MSU basketball. I don't care how much anybody on this board likes Ray or how much Stricklin likes Ray. If this continues next season and our attendance is even worse if that's even possible and we continue to lose, Ray will not make it. He better win with the same players he has now and some mediocre recruits or he will be fired! Period! And it's gonna take more than one year to get the fans back too even if he can somehow turn this around. Apathy is a bitch and more times than not a change has to be made to get that turned around.

shannondawg
03-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I used to wake up on game day and think to myself "GAME Day" Now, I just half heartedly watch even on tv now, most of the time, I had rather be watching Ole Miss lose..

I don't plan on renewing my seats next year and paying the 500 per seat premium. I've done my part in the past, now its up to you younger guys that are all hope and change.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-06-2014, 10:11 AM

Missed the TOTAL. My bad.