PDA

View Full Version : Just read Freeze's pre-spring practice report....

bankerdawg
03-05-2014, 11:53 AM
and if I were an Ole Miss fan, I'm not feeling very confident from what he had to say.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-05-2014, 12:00 PM
They have a good team but they can't afford even one injury on their o-line.

Coach34
03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
yep- they have some serious issues with the OL

jumbo
03-05-2014, 12:04 PM
and if I were an Ole Miss fan, I'm not feeling very confident from what he had to say.

will you post highlights? I don't care enough to go find the article

Jack Lambert
03-05-2014, 12:06 PM
If you are going to post something someone said please give link to where you read or heard it.

slickdawg
03-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Channing Ward will move from defensive end to tight end for the spring. Other position changes include sophomore running back Kailo Moore to cornerback and senior defensive lineman Carlton Martin to offensive line.

But, but but but but but

engie
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Freeze is a master at managing expectations.

MetEdDawg
03-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Channing Ward will move from defensive end to tight end for the spring. Other position changes include sophomore running back Kailo Moore to cornerback and senior defensive lineman Carlton Martin to offensive line.

But, but but but but but

This is why in state recruiting pisses me off. You have 3 highly rated MS guys, all of which chose an OM team with a losing record over us. One a 5 star DE that has to move to TE. One 4 star DT that has to move to the OL as a senior. Then you have a 4 star athlete that was supposed to be God's Gift to the RB position (according to OM fans) because of his speed, but now he has to leave the RB position (where they have no quality or experienced depth) and switch to CB.

Does anyone have any doubt that we could have made at minimum 2 of these 3 guys into something pretty good? I can't even imagine what Turner and Collins would do with a guy like Ward that had the potential he did. Now he's moving to TE. Same goes for Martin. I know he's a senior but I still think under Collins and Turner last year and this year that he could have been a solid player. Now he's moving to OL. Total waste on all accounts.

TheRef
03-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Peter La Fleur: Okay guys, let's play smart. Wait for your two-on-ones, cover closely for your pickups. What's our team motto?
Owen: Aim low?

smootness
03-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Yup, his practice reports always sounds somewhat depressing.

DCdawg
03-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm sure Kailo is moving from RB because too much depth. That's why they didn't want Aeris.**

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm sure Kailo is moving from RB because too much depth. That's why they didn't want Aeris.**

Well, if there is anywhere that they have depth it's at slot/scat receiverback.

ShotgunDawg
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Freeze is smart. He knows how delusional OM fans are, so to save his own ass, he always talks about they aren't quite ready for the big time. Problem is, OM fans are still delusional and think they will contend. Mullen is just the opposite.

Freeze is actually very honest in his team evaluations. It's just that no OM fan wants to believe him.

TrapGame
03-05-2014, 01:27 PM
So, I guess this puts more pressure on Captain Bubble Screen to perform. He best use the Breck shampoo with the Athletic Strength sheen in that case.

NCDawg
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
This is why in state recruiting pisses me off. You have 3 highly rated MS guys, all of which chose an OM team with a losing record over us. One a 5 star DE that has to move to TE. One 4 star DT that has to move to the OL as a senior. Then you have a 4 star athlete that was supposed to be God's Gift to the RB position (according to OM fans) because of his speed, but now he has to leave the RB position (where they have no quality or experienced depth) and switch to CB.

Does anyone have any doubt that we could have made at minimum 2 of these 3 guys into something pretty good? I can't even imagine what Turner and Collins would do with a guy like Ward that had the potential he did. Now he's moving to TE. Same goes for Martin. I know he's a senior but I still think under Collins and Turner last year and this year that he could have been a solid player. Now he's moving to OL. Total waste on all accounts.

You never know about a kid until he gets on the practice field. A prime example regarding our team is Quay Evans. All the potential in the world, but not willing to pay the price. Maybe Freeze sees a similar trait in the guys you mentioned.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
So, I guess this puts more pressure on Captain Bubble Screen to perform. He best use the Breck shampoo with the Athletic Strength sheen in that case.

I guess you could say that since Freeze will no doubt throw him under the bus at the first opportunity he gets. I could see Freeze saying- "See- we aren't ready for the big time because of players like Bo throwing interceptions. We have to recruit better players."

messageboardsuperhero
03-05-2014, 01:53 PM

That's the Freeze mantra- undersell your team at the preseason press conferences, lower expectations within the fanbase, then exceed those low expectations on the field and get everybody super excited over what was really just a decent season. I can't say I blame him though, considering how unrealistic the fans' preseason predictions can get in Oxford every offseason.

Realistically, they'll be about as good as they were last year, but with less O-Line depth.

bankerdawg
03-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Heres the link
http://mississippi.scout.com/2/1381009.html

smootness
03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Heres the link

There are times I think Freeze is a pretty good guy. Then I read something like, 'Our depth chart still isn't SEC quality' and I think, oh, what a douche.

Political Hack
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Ward would be fighting for 2nd team rep at DT here or strong side DE. Martin would be buried.

Kailo would be fighting Holloway for reps.

Jack Lambert
03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Heres the link

Thanks and sorry if I sounded like a a hole.

DawgHouseUnited
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I can't say I blame him though, considering how unrealistic the fans' preseason predictions can get in Oxford every offseason.

I know a fellow that, every year come July or so, honestly believes that OM should be playing for a national championship at the end of the football season.

MetEdDawg
03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Ward would be fighting for 2nd team rep at DT here or strong side DE. Martin would be buried.

You can't base it off of what they are now. You have to base it off of what they could have been under us. Martin could have been as good as Boyd in my opinion. Pretty sure we would be ok with that coming back this year.

Kailo would have been the one guy I'm not sure we would have been able to find a spot for last year or this upcoming year. That's why in my initial post I said minimum 2 out of 3.

As for Ward, I think he definitely could have played a solid DE or DT for us under Turner.

RougeDawg
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Bu, bu, but ESPN say they are dark horse contenders for SEC and NC!!!! I'll say it again. They better pray they get to 6 wins. Any key injuries on OL or Chicken Wing not gaining any arm strength and they'll be struggling to make a bowl.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM

We are pretty diverse on both sides of the ball- moreso than they are- and that allows us to use our recruits in ways that they "want" to be used a lot of times and then also maximize the ways that the recruit wants to be used.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 04:57 PM
You can't base it off of what they are now. You have to base it off of what they could have been under us. Martin could have been as good as Boyd in my opinion. Pretty sure we would be ok with that coming back this year.

Kailo would have been the one guy I'm not sure we would have been able to find a spot for last year or this upcoming year. That's why in my initial post I said minimum 2 out of 3.

As for Ward, I think he definitely could have played a solid DE or DT for us under Turner.

Based on what I saw of Martin in high school, I think he would have been more like Kaleb Eulls. Agree on Kalio- he and Holloway are bascially the same player except that Holloway is more durable. Best case scenario for him was that he ended up like Jameon.