PDA

View Full Version : Good morning everybody

CadaverDawg
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM
It's game day. Clanga

What are you wanting to see tonight out of our guys? I just want a W, but a strong starting pitching performance would be nice too.

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
I want to see Woodruff start tonight because that will mean Bracewell, and not Woodruff, will be starting Friday night.

CadaverDawg
03-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Who is slated for tonight? Preston?

maroonmania
03-05-2014, 11:40 AM
So with Bracewell moving to the weekend who is the odd man out in the 4 game rotation? I'm assuming Sexton but I haven't heard that specifically.

Homedawg
03-05-2014, 11:43 AM
We have to have woodruff to be a national contender. He's not Evan Mitchell, he doesn't have big misses. He needs to work through it and will I think.

War Machine Dawg
03-05-2014, 12:09 PM
So with Bracewell moving to the weekend who is the odd man out in the 4 game rotation? I'm assuming Sexton but I haven't heard that specifically.

I'd guess it's Hudson. Sexton has quietly been our 2nd best starter behind Fitts so far. I'll be pissed if he isn't in the rotation in some form. He should, at worst, be our midweek starter when we get into conference play. Right now, I'd go with Woody-Fitts-Bracewell Fri-Sun and Sexton in the midweek. But if Woody doesn't put it together in the next couple weeks I'd move Bracewell to Fri, Sexton to Sun, and Woody to midweek until he can work out the kinks.

With Holder struggling and banged up, I'd use Hudson as our closer until Holder is healthy. Guy has an elite power arm, perfect for closing.

As for today, "Just Win, Baby!" Although it'd be nice to see us get Hump & Garner both in the lineup together and put up 5+ runs. Not really worried about pitching or defense at this point. Heck & Collins have really stabilized the D. We just need Cohen to permanently bench his boy Randolph. Dude is awwwwwfullllllll. Don't know how it's possible that Garner is supposedly worse than him defensively. Until I see it, I don't believe it.

jumbo
03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
It's game day. Clanga

What are you wanting to see tonight out of our guys? I just want a W, but a strong starting pitching performance would be nice too.

Same as you. The W is most important, but it would very nice to have a strong outing from the starter

State82
03-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Who is slated for tonight? Preston?

You are correct I believe. Preston Brown to take the bump.

HancockCountyDog
03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
It's game day. Clanga

South Alabama took. 2 of 3 from Arkansas. Will be a nice mid week win.

Political Hack
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I'd like to see enough bunts in a midweek game to push Will James over the edge. I enjoy the tyrannical madness that spews from his keyboard when he gets going. it's great reading.

honing aside, I really do appreciate his baseball perspectives.

I'd like to see some power bats. Not just HRs, but solid shots in the gaps and extra base hits. Would make me feel a little better going into sec matchups.

Goat Holder
03-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Don't know how it's possible that Garner is supposedly worse than him defensively. Until I see it, I don't believe it.
See, that's the problem with loud-mouths like yourself. If you'd seen any of fall or preseason practice, you'd know how bad Garner sucks behind the plate. And you'd also know that he's been working out at 1B.

But by all means, keep the 'armchair-coaching-while watching hailstatetv' opinions coming. You and Todd know EVERYTHING you can possibly know without any real knowledge.

War Machine Dawg
03-05-2014, 04:25 PM
See, that's the problem with loud-mouths like yourself. If you'd seen any of fall or preseason practice, you'd know how bad Garner sucks behind the plate. And you'd also know that he's been working out at 1B.

But by all means, keep the 'armchair-coaching-while watching hailstatetv' opinions coming. You and Todd know EVERYTHING you can possibly know without any real knowledge.

You are an epic douche. This is the second or third time you've targeted me in the last few days. But continue jacking yourself off for knowing it all, Mr. SEC Ballin' Ain't Hard.

RAYn_Man
03-05-2014, 05:46 PM

THIS x1000

preachermatt83
03-05-2014, 06:51 PM
For tonight, I'd like to see us leave less men on base and score more with RISP..

As for the other stuff , as bad as I hate to say it I really don't see Woody getting things worked out. That being said I hope, and look for, our starting rotation to be as follows...

Midweek- Rotation of Brown/Sexton

Friday- Bracewell
Saturday- Fitts
Sunday- Hudson

* I could easily see Hudson, Brown, and Sexton all battling for that Sunday spot and the two that don't win it will then be battling for the midweek spot.

preachermatt83
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
With Cox, Lindy, Ross, and Gentry all in the bullpen (each one can give you 3-6 innings) starting pitching does not always have to be flawless to give us a shot at winning.

starkvegasdawg
03-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Main thing I want to see is the win. Next I want to see us not leave the bases loaded more than once this game.