Oxfordawg
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
What a waste smh

MadisonDawg
03-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Also moving Carlton Martin to the O-Line

TheRef
03-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Dear God...please show this to recruits.

mic
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
No way... Wow... Poor Channing.. let the kid transfer.. Do whats in the "best interest of the kid" Hugh...

Saltydog
03-04-2014, 08:26 PM
and has good hands and is athletic enough to play the position.......He won't see the field behind Evan Engram though, except in obvious running situations........Welcome to the Rebel wasteland Mr. Ward.........

Political Hack
03-04-2014, 08:28 PM
WTH is Carlton Martin going to do on an SEC OL?

Ward will at least be a good blocking/road grader type TE. I can't understand the Martin move though. They're stealing his only real chance to excel in the SEC and have absolutely robbed him of any chance at the NFL.

Schultzy
03-04-2014, 08:35 PM
It tells you a hell of a lot about what they think of their existing OL situation.

mic
03-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Surely these moves are just for the spring to fill in holes while guys get healthy or the Frosh arrive. I am with you hack why is Martin moving to guard.?? With all the moves I wonder where Kailo ends up this spring or is he pure track till the fall.??

Coach34
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm on record as saying Koolio never makes it to a 3rd season in football

mic
03-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm on record as saying Koolio never makes it to a 3rd season in football

well if he isn't running with the 1st or 2nd team at RB or in the slot he may not make it to year 2...

messageboardsuperhero
03-04-2014, 08:54 PM
It tells you a hell of a lot about what they think of their existing OL situation.

This.

Freeze cannot feel good about next year's O-Line from a depth standpoint. They lost six or seven from their two deep, I believe one new transfer they were counting on got hurt, and another JUCO guy has questionable grades- not to mention that most of the quality returners they do have are coming off pretty serious surgeries. There's a lot of moving parts to their OL equation, and it could be a long year at that position if everything doesn't fall into place for them.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-04-2014, 08:54 PM
He tried quitting last year.

Leroy Jenkins
03-04-2014, 08:57 PM
well if he isn't running with the 1st or 2nd team at RB or in the slot he may not make it to year 2...

Playing field CB in the spring.

CadaverDawg
03-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Well, you gotta hand it to the Rebs... They're consistent.

At blowing kid's futures.

TheRef
03-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Well, you gotta hand it to the Rebs... They're consistent.

At blowing kid's futures.

Along with blowing other things.

See what I did there?

mic
03-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Playing field CB in the spring.

well he gone.... tried this last year..

DapperDawg
03-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Didn't we do the same thing to that big JuCo guy a couple years ago - move him to OL his senior year? And starting LT at that.

PassInterference
03-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Didn't we do the same thing to that big JuCo guy a couple years ago - move him to OL his senior year? And starting LT at that.

James Carmon. And he made it to the NFL after we transitioned him to OT.

Not gonna happen in Oxford where most players don't improve over their freshman or sophomore years.

BulldogDX55
03-04-2014, 10:45 PM

James Carmon, 2011. He got hurt @Auburn, causing RS Fr Blaine Clausell to start his career early.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:35 AM
WTH is Carlton Martin going to do on an SEC OL?

Ward will at least be a good blocking/road grader type TE. I can't understand the Martin move though. They're stealing his only real chance to excel in the SEC and have absolutely robbed him of any chance at the NFL.

I saw Carlton Martin play a lot in high school and I can honestly say that the thought of him playing o-line never crossed my mind. He's 6'1" in the game program. Which means he's probably about 5'11".

So, they are going to have an o-linemen that is 370 and then one that is 5'11" 296. That sounds like a freaking I-AA team.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Also moving Carlton Martin to the O-Line

When was the last time a Madison Central player went there and panned out? Chris Spencer? Maybe Espy?

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Surely these moves are just for the spring to fill in holes while guys get healthy or the Frosh arrive. I am with you hack why is Martin moving to guard.?? With all the moves I wonder where Kailo ends up this spring or is he pure track till the fall.??

Because they promised their incoming 'cruits starting spots when they get to campus. Just like they promised Ward, Kalio, and Carlton Martin spots. And now that there are some more guys with four stars by their names coming in, they are going to shove out the guys that they don't "need" anymore.

thf24
03-05-2014, 12:43 AM
I saw Carlton Martin play a lot in high school and I can honestly say that the thought of him playing o-line never crossed my mind. He's 6'1" in the game program. Which means he's probably about 5'11".

So, they are going to have an o-linemen that is 370 and then one that is 5'11" 296. That sounds like a freaking I-AA team.

Things are shaping up for our DL to really have some fun in the Egg Bowl this year.

Drugdog
03-05-2014, 07:09 AM
When was the last time a Madison Central player went there and panned out? Chris Spencer? Maybe Espy?

Coach Baaawaaby Hall - developer of players for Intramual games.

FISHDAWG
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
and after considering who is is front of him at RB makes this a Shakespeare tragedy indeed .... #badchoice ... even if he held his commitment to us, he would probably had to change positions anyway ... can't remember if we were cruitin him as a RB or DB

deltadawg99
03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Honest question about Channing Ward. Is this a case of a kid that was very overrated coming out of high school or a case of a kid that has been very underdeveloped by Kiffin since arriving on campus?

I never saw him play in high school and he obviously hasn't done much at OM if he is getting moved to OL.

FISHDAWG
03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
I saw him in the Under-Armor game ... he played most of it and was an absolute BEAST ..... he has the natural ability, not sure why he is being considered as an offensive player now

RougeDawg
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Honest question about Channing Ward. Is this a case of a kid that was very overrated coming out of high school or a case of a kid that has been very underdeveloped by Kiffin since arriving on campus?

I never saw him play in high school and he obviously hasn't done much at OM if he is getting moved to OL.

We'll it's either one of these two things. A) OM just has horrible recruiting luck and has had an abnormally high rate of 4-5* busts, or B) Their talent development is non existent. Judging from recent draft results and Snead going from draft pick to grocery bagger in a year should answer your question.

OM is all about the quick band aid fix for the current upcoming season and worries about keeping the most recent blight recruits happy and on campus. Nothing more.

messageboardsuperhero
03-05-2014, 01:11 PM

I'd say a little of both.

Ward's got all the tools but has simply never had what it takes between the ears. Then couple that with Kiffin's nonexistent track record of developing defensive linemen, and you've got a huge bust.

Of course, Quay Evans was a five star bust for us as well, but he just had an awful attitude. David Turner wanted nothing to do with Quay when he rejoined the staff.

NCDawg
03-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Things are shaping up for our DL to really have some fun in the Egg Bowl this year.

I learned a long time ago don't ever be confident going into the Egg Bowl. Just be happy as heck if we win.

RougeDawg
03-06-2014, 03:42 PM
So Ward is still on the team after his issues? I thought he was kicked off. Maybe he was too valuable to the OL for them to cut ties.

AlSwearengen
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM

If you just watch Ward running around, he is probably the most physically talented on the field. Moves like a running back, but is huge. He either doesn't have it upstairs or isn't into it in oxford.

He supposedly was going to commit to us and even had people coming for his announcement, but his mom put an end to that. He may just be unhappy.

DownwardDawg
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM

It's a case of a kid going to a school where he doesn't want to be. He had no choice. He loved MSU and LSU and ended up at ole miss. His heart has never been in it. He was a bust the minute he signed those papers.

Jack Lambert
03-06-2014, 04:12 PM
They don't recruit to fill needs. Their recruiting is about recruiting rankings. Coach O did it, Nutt did and now freeze. Recruit your needs. I give Mullen credit for evaluating what he needs then going out and evaluating the talent that's available. Take it to the bank, Freeze will end up just like Nutt a few good seasons then it will all fall apart and he will be gone.