PDA

View Full Version : 2 things...

Ronny
05-04-2013, 06:58 PM
...1) Have to anoint Pirtle the hero of game 2 for that huge pinch hit. (They said he didn't play in game 1 because he was sick).

2) Glad we took 2 today, because the Weather Channel says there is a 50% chance of rain in Starkville tomorrow.

Will James
05-04-2013, 07:09 PM
He played game 1 didn't start game 2 cause of sickness. Hell of an effort by him and everyone today.

Why don't we schedule that bastard tomorrow for 11:00 AM and play in between rains until the time says we can't play.

We win tomorrow if it's played. Lindgren will mow these Bammers down.

Ronny
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
..okay I got that wrong but for a guy probably feeling like shit to deliver in that situation shows some balls the size of coconuts.

Coach34
05-04-2013, 09:02 PM
..okay I got that wrong but for a guy probably feeling like shit to deliver in that situation shows some balls the size of coconuts.

I agree Ronny- great job there and a big comeback win

Todd4State
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
He played game 1 didn't start game 2 cause of sickness. Hell of an effort by him and everyone today.

Why don't we schedule that bastard tomorrow for 11:00 AM and play in between rains until the time says we can't play.

My guess is we probably won't schedule it at 11:00 because a lot of our local fans in the Starkville area will be at church. That is a potential PR disaster in the Bible Belt.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
My guess is we probably won't schedule it at 11:00 because a lot of our local fans in the Starkville area will be at church. That is a potential PR disaster in the Bible Belt.

Right now the hourly forecast is showing rain beginning to taper off around 2pm tomorrow. So hopefully, if anything, we will just have to back the start time up a little bit. Can we have a rain delay on Sunday games, or is there some stupid rule that prevents us playing past 6 o'clock or something?

Todd4State
05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
There is a rule that they aren't supposed to play past a certain time on Sunday, but if I remember correctly, sometimes the umpire will be lenient with that. It's so that the baseball players throughout the SEC can back to school and do their homework.

Quaoarsking
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
With Tuscaloosa being only a little more than an hour away, they'll let us play after nightfall if necessary. If we were playing South Carolina, it would be different.

War Machine Dawg
05-05-2013, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't think that would be a problem, Todd. Cohen said something on the Game 2 postgame about our students jetting out with finals having ended. Plus, Bammer is only 90ish miles away. It's not like they have far to travel. Get the damn game in.

Todd4State
05-05-2013, 12:41 AM
With Tuscaloosa being only a little more than an hour away, they'll let us play after nightfall if necessary. If we were playing South Carolina, it would be different.

Exactly.

State82
05-05-2013, 09:37 AM

Can't move the time up. It's a TV game. I think they get it in though.

Spider-Man
05-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Weather Channel now reporting 30% precip. and mostly cloudy from 12-4pm. I think we get it in. Anybody ever watched a college baseball game on CBSSN? Should I just turn on jim and bart and mute the tV?

CadaverDawg
05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Weather Channel now reporting 30% precip. and mostly cloudy from 12-4pm. I think we get it in. Anybody ever watched a college baseball game on CBSSN? Should I just turn on jim and bart and mute the tV?

Not for the first few batters of each half inning**

#LongWindedJimbo