PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Da Champ at OM pro-day

Leroy Jenkins
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Ran 4.55 and got 0 reps of 225. Not great.

messageboardsuperhero
03-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Zero reps on the bench press? Seriously? Are you sure he even tried.

That's pathetic, if it's true.

Political Hack
03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
he's tiny man. I don't know why he'd even try to bench. Someone up there have him some God awful terrible advice and should be fired immediately for tanking his stock like that. That's messed up to do to a kid.

messageboardsuperhero
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
he's tiny man. I don't know why he'd even try to bench. Someone up there have him some God awful terrible advice and should be fired immediately for tanking his stock like that. That's messed up to do to a kid.

That's what I thought too. If you know you can't get a single rep of 225, why even try? Why not opt just out of that part of the workout?

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Who is snoop de champ?

BulldogDX55
03-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Who is snoop de champ?

Nick "Snoop" Brassell

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-03-2014, 08:45 PM
He couldnt bench 225 once and ran a 4.55?

Enjoy working at the tire shop. The 225 is embarassing.

dawggoneit
03-03-2014, 09:43 PM
In other news: Construction on Ole Miss' new Confederate monument was halted when workers uncovered the remains of several highly recruited athletes careers.

Todd4State
03-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm 100% sure that we have some people in the band that can do one rep at 225. Heck, my old ass could do that right now.

I hate to say this- but when I read that he did 0 reps, I laughed. I just have this image of a guy with all these reporters and people around and some trainer going- OK come on PUSH IT! That's.......doesn't count.

But there's something up with Ole Miss's S&C. Brassell can't do a rep. CJ is an overweight linebacker masquerading as an undersized DE. They had a couple of o-linemen listed at 370. Ward and Thompson haven't gained an ounce. No wonder they think our guys are on steroids. Unfortunately for them, the reality is we work out and their guys do something other than work out. Moncreif and Prewitt look like they work out- so I'm guessing that they have guys skipping out.

Todd4State
03-03-2014, 09:59 PM

But hey, they got to use the four stars by his name twice and it helped them land Conner. In their twisted little heads they think it was all worth it. Never mind that Bassell's career was ruined.

And if I'm Tobias Singleton, I would have been sick watching Jameon Lewis get all those touches in the Liberty Bowl en route to a school record and an offensive MVP. Needless to say, I think Brassell's career turns out differently had he come here as well. They could have had a Heisman Trophy candidate QB throwing the ball to them.

messageboardsuperhero
03-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm 100% sure that we have some people in the band that can do one rep at 225. Heck, my old ass could do that right now.

I hate to say this- but when I read that he did 0 reps, I laughed. I just have this image of a guy with all these reporters and people around and some trainer going- OK come on PUSH IT! That's.......doesn't count.

But there's something up with Ole Miss's S&C. Brassell can't do a rep. CJ is an overweight linebacker masquerading as an undersized DE. They had a couple of o-linemen listed at 370. Ward and Thompson haven't gained an ounce. No wonder they think our guys are on steroids. Unfortunately for them, the reality is we work out and their guys do something other than work out. Moncreif and Prewitt look like they work out- so I'm guessing that they have guys skipping out.

I'll cut them slack for Brassell, since I don't think he's been working out with the team (I have no clue why he was at their pro day though).

But I definitely agree with this for the most part. Gross was expected to be able to put on weight too, but I don't think he's ever gained anything at all. And yeah, when I saw a bunch of UM fans bragging about how big their O-Line was last offseason, I laughed pretty damn hard- why in the hell would an uptempo, spread team want a bunch of 370 pound fatties on the offensive line?

Strength and conditioning in the offseason is much more about motivation and discipline than it is coaching- and with recent events coming to light in the past couple of months, I'm not sure discipline is a strong suit for a lot of players up there.

Martianlander
03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
I'll cut them slack for Brassell, since I don't think he's been working out with the team (I have no clue why he was at their pro day though).

But I definitely agree with this for the most part. Gross was expected to be able to put on weight too, but I don't think he's ever gained anything at all. And yeah, when I saw a bunch of UM fans bragging about how big their O-Line was last offseason, I laughed pretty damn hard- why in the hell would an uptempo, spread team want a bunch of 370 pound fatties on the offensive line?

Strength and conditioning in the offseason is much more about motivation and discipline than it is coaching- and with recent events coming to light in the past couple of months, I'm not sure discipline is a strong suit for a lot of players up there.

From the reports I'm getting there is very little discipline on the players. The points you make shows that and the recent off field incidents show that too.

quickstrike2
03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Who is snoop de champ?

BeastMan
03-04-2014, 10:31 AM
If I remember correctly, he signed with Canadian team originally. He should go get that money.

SignalToNoise
03-04-2014, 01:41 PM
0 reps 225? You can walk into any Snap Fitness and find guys that are working out with more than that. Jeebus.

thunderclap
03-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Maybe he didn't bother to take the cigarette out of his left hand and only tried with one arm.

bulldawg28
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Fred Smoot only repped 225 one time.

Political Hack
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM

yeah, but he covered everything water didn't.

PassInterference
03-04-2014, 06:56 PM
The bench press is the least of Brassell's problems. The dude was incapable of staying on a football team. He has issues. Major baggage. He doesn't have the drive or discipline to make it in the NFL. A skinny Dontae Walker, if you will.

slickdawg
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Maybe we should refer to him as Snoop De Chump ?

Bo Darville
03-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm a white dude that had an opportunity to play defensive back at the likes of Millsaps and Rhodes. I guarantee I could have run better than 4.55 and benched 225 at least 3-4 times when I was a high school senior. Guaran-damn-teed. I thought Brassel was an athlete.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-04-2014, 10:05 PM
4.55 is fast. This is legit times. No bs scout times trying to get kids offers.

That said, 225 is weak. I can do that 12 times and Im 10 years past my prime.

M.Fillmore
03-04-2014, 10:17 PM
We can all laugh that UM had another bust, but Brassell is a very good athlete. I saw him make many a splendid catch and kick return in Juco.
I'd would have loved it if he could have suited up for us and kept his head straight.

slickdawg
03-04-2014, 11:09 PM
I was timed twice at 17, 4.55 and 4.59, and yes, it is fast. I probably could have gotten 3-5 reps of 225.

deltadawg99
03-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Brassell really screwed himself (besides signing with OM) when he signed with a cfl team to be on their practice squad. He was released shortly after signing, but still lost his amateur status by signing a pro contract. He and Singleton would have been a tough duo at WR for jsu.

4.55 is a solid time for a pro day, but I honestly thought it would be lower. He could fly, but may be one of those guys that is quicker than he is fast.

There is no excuse for anybody that has played D1, much less SEC football to not bench 225 a single time.

Dawg61
03-04-2014, 11:43 PM
You're half way to JaDeveon Clowney status. Clowney benched 225 21 times. A punter benched more than Clowney.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-04-2014, 11:51 PM
The whole 40 time is dumb. Perkins got clocked at 4.4 and got caught all the time. Ballard never got caught

I dont get it

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-04-2014, 11:52 PM
You're half way to JaDeveon Clowney status. Clowney benched 225 21 times. A punter benched more than Clowney.

Strongest guy on our team 3 years ago? Aaron feld. Dont put all your stock into 40s or bench press

sandwolf
03-05-2014, 12:00 AM

Arm length also plays a major factor in the bench press. Clowney would toss that punter around like a rag doll.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Brassell really screwed himself (besides signing with OM) when he signed with a cfl team to be on their practice squad. He was released shortly after signing, but still lost his amateur status by signing a pro contract. He and Singleton would have been a tough duo at WR for jsu.

4.55 is a solid time for a pro day, but I honestly thought it would be lower. He could fly, but may be one of those guys that is quicker than he is fast.

There is no excuse for anybody that has played D1, much less SEC football to not bench 225 a single time.

Exactly. He should have gone to the SWAC- heck, they might have let him play both ways and had a good time.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:17 AM

Which is one more than Brassell. That's what I'm saying- I don't care if the bar comes down on my throat and kills me, I'm getting at least ONE.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Strongest guy on our team 3 years ago? Aaron feld. Dont put all your stock into 40s or bench press

And the NFL falls for it every single time. You would think that they would have learned after all the Tony Mandarich's, Mike Mamula's, and the guy that the Raiders drafted at WR in the first round a few years ago.

thf24
03-05-2014, 12:46 AM

Speaking of Clowney, he and Snoop ran about the same 40 time. Not sure what to think about that.

Todd4State
03-05-2014, 01:53 AM
Speaking of Clowney, he and Snoop ran about the same 40 time. Not sure what to think about that.

Let's be honest- the 4.5 is good. It's the 0 reps that's getting me.

But Clowney running a 4.5 at approx. 270 is freakish.

Drugdog
03-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Oh wow. I am 48 and can rep out 225 5x.
This speaks volumes about UOM weightLESS training program.